The "Potager du Laesseux" in the Dordogne

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Did67

Re: The "Potager du Laesseux" in the Dordogne

by Did67 » 09/04/18, 12:06

nico239 wrote:
I thought a lot about the problem of a new greenhouse ....

My faith if you find a lure it interests me but everything I saw is too expensive for me ....

You just have to create a group of fifteen interested people: https://www.leboncoin.fr/materiel_agric ... tm?ca=21_s

Each takes a basic module (it must be sections of 6 m long, approximately, nested one inside the other. This will be around 150 euros (you have to see exactly how many modules each unit makes).

I have another Filclair model, simpler (less range, no interior bars). Luckily, the horticulturalist who sold them detailed in "pieces" ... [but I had to go look in the Paris region; 250 euros the unit of 6 m X 6 m).

You can regularly search the site and sometimes contact a seller to find out if it does not detail. Because it is really apart from the cover, the mechanic! I advise you to participate in the dismantling to find out how it is assembled!
0 x
jpbord
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by jpbord » 14/04/18, 21:56

Did67 wrote:Even though my tunnel has blown away, I think the greenhouse itself is not the top as an "anti-mildew" tactic:

- the trigger of milidou is the presence of droplets of liquid water, reached on the leaves is not watering by sprinkler, or by the rain, or not the nocturnal condensations
- an open tunnel + drip irrigation + plant spaced so that the air circulates a max + layer of hay on the ground acting as absorber of the humidity of the air in the early morning is the combination that prevents rain, without watering that wets the leaves, facilitates the circulation of air and limits condensation (sometimes, if this can happen 1 or 2 hours later, the germ - the oospore - does not have time to germinate: for each temperature, there is a "minimum duration of presence of the water droplet ")

So make sure you can "raise" the tarpaulin on the side in summer ...

A small gutter can collect water at a height of 1 m, which makes it possible to consider re-injecting rainwater "in real time" under the tunnel, without doing anything ...

Thank you Didier, I made openings on the sides to ventilate and indeed I saw a few droplets of dew appear in the morning and all in all I left open permanently even if I certainly lost a few degrees. I'm testing my first "greenhouse" !!! as a novice and I would adapt over time, especially since my dear friend has just announced to me that she had given me a tunnel greenhouse for my birthday. With 2 I have something to learn !!!
ps: I just watched a part of your videos at saint jean de sixt, it's always a pleasure to hear from you and maybe one day in Dordogne?
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 15/04/18, 09:04

More and more of you are hoping for me somewhere near you! It touches me...

I respond to all requests (when I am still available).

I wrote elsewhere that with my fairly modest retirement (I'm not complaining) of "almost 1 euros" net and all plans / complementary combined, I cannot "sponsor" myself. I therefore ask for travel / accommodation costs to be covered.

Moreover, let there be no taboo: I believe that such a service deserves a "participation". For "institutions", I ask 250 euros. This amount is negotiable for associations, depending on their budget and what they think they can ask their members.

[Note: we are far from the rates of the "tenors", which are more on the side of 1 or 500 euros per conference, sometimes much shorter]

[Well, the Dordogne I was there as a tourist; I will perhaps go back there - new Lascaux, etc ... I will then let you know, because we can then arrange it, the trip being made!]
1 x
Did67

by Did67 » 15/04/18, 09:07

Jpbord wrote:
Thank you Didier, I made openings on the sides to ventilate and indeed I saw a few droplets of dew appear in the morning and all in all I left open permanently even if I certainly lost a few degrees. I'm testing my first "greenhouse" !!! as a novice and I would adapt over time, especially since my dear friend has just announced to me that she had given me a tunnel greenhouse for my birthday. With 2 I have something to learn !!!
ps: I just watched a part of your videos at saint jean de sixt, it's always a pleasure to hear from you and maybe one day in Dordogne?

I should have specified that I do not think that it is "critical" at the start of the season. For some reason, mildew will mostly take hold once the tomato plant is well developed.

It is therefore at the end of summer that we must fear these morning condensations, which can then, if the terroir lends itself to it, generate dazzling forms of downy mildew ...

[And what a happy pampered man!]
1 x
jpbord
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by jpbord » 25/04/18, 10:39

after these few days of great heat 29 to 20 ° the vegetation explodes in all directions, the orchard is covered with flowers, and in the vegetable garden it grows almost visibly, weeds too !!! is there a charitable soul to give me the name of these three weeds i have trouble finding on the internet thanks in advance
Attachments
20181825_05-2.jpg
0 x
jpbord
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by jpbord » 25/04/18, 10:45

other weed
Attachments
20181825_03.jpg
0 x
jpbord
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by jpbord » 25/04/18, 10:51

for another
Attachments
70.jpg
70.jpg (833.13 KB) Viewed times 2697
0 x
jpbord
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by jpbord » 25/04/18, 10:54

and the garden
Attachments
20181825_04-2.jpg
20181825_03-2.jpg
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 25/04/18, 14:02

Adventists:

- the first is the "terrestrial ivy", of which one speaks elsewhere; candidate, at home, for cultures "under living cover"
- the second ???? "Rumex" type, with a powerful root, which is not easily torn off; one of the rare occasions to use the fork-to-spade; but is not very invsive
- the third, yarrow, extremely "invasive" from the side: it "crawls" under the hay ... When one is infested, it is necessary to regularly "cut" the edge of the flower beds with a spade and tear off this who settled on the plot
0 x
denis17
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by denis17 » 25/04/18, 22:23

Ouawou! Here is a well-ordered garden and greenhouse, great work.
Denis
1 x