Le Potager du Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Did67

Re: The Kitchen Garden Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

by Did67 » 20/03/18, 16:12

Reminder: Friday evening conference in Brumath (Bas-Rhin) / 20 h

As part of the week of alternatives to pesticides, I give a lecture this Friday, in Brumath - Hall of the Town Hall - 20 hours.

Screen Shot 03-20-18 Poster Brumath.PNG
1 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 20/03/18, 17:43

Did67 wrote:I distinguish between fresh vegetables, for which I would like to have some "early vegetables", in the idea of ​​being as self-sufficient as possible (I am a big eater of salads, cabbage, tomatoes, etc ...) and vegetables for storage , for which it is useless to hurry ... With me, it is often 2 or 3 nights which pose a problem, no more. They can "shorten" my season by 1 month or more. Or 20%.

my remark was more of the garden order, rather than heat, choose other varieties, my grandfather always had salad in the garden, although he lived in the Nooooord ...... (and point of heating cord 40 years ago)
between lettuce, escarole, chicory, dandelion, lamb's lettuce, cellar, chassis, he had learned to manage,
it can be understood that lettuce is preferred to an endive,

for the transplants I often noticed that an early transplanted tomato plant will not give tomatoes sooner, the first early flowering bouquet usually gives nothing or little, very personal experience and observation, can -being even a simple conviction
my best tomato years were not the years when I had tomatoes early but those where I had tomatoes late is more the end of the season that turns a good harvest into very good harvest

At home the competition with the neighbors was to have a ripe tomato for the festival of the city, the last WE of July, I have very rarely seen a ripe tomato before that date in the ground, my father was doing his own plants as neighbors (my active father, retired neighbors) and I often saw seedlings of very different sizes (those of my father very small, he transplanted all the same out of pride, those that the neighbors gave him bigger), finish with the same development, (and there he was proud of him)

so for me the use of a heating cord does not shock me, I just ask the question of the need to sow so early and having to use one, wait until late April early May it's really too late?

Didier last year after the frost disaster, did you do any more plantings and if so, did you feel that you had fallen behind in your harvest? compared to previous years
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
Did67

by Did67 » 20/03/18, 18:01

Last year, I bought both plants and I redid them. And there were also some who did not burst (the majority of cabbages, onions, leeks, salads ...). And the tomato feet of the greenhouse, frozen, which fell flush with the ground. Ditto for a zucchini. And there were spontaneous lifts ...

But overall I agree with you that we should not rush, even if following my "equipment" (greenhouse, frame), I try to have a "first range" (also to learn, because I remains a "mediocre market gardener" who must get to know plants better).
1 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 20/03/18, 18:16

Did67 wrote:Last year, I bought both plants and I redid them. And there were also some who did not burst (the majority of cabbages, onions, leeks, salads ...). And the tomato feet of the greenhouse, frozen, which fell flush with the ground. Ditto for a zucchini. And there were spontaneous lifts ...

But overall I agree with you that we should not rush, even if following my "equipment" (greenhouse, frame), I try to have a "first range" (also to learn, because I remains a "mediocre market gardener" who must get to know plants better).

as in any learning, sometimes you need a little help, your cord is the small wheels of the bike : Mrgreen:

So you who love experimenting you could try to make seedling more staggered and see the future, you have room to put a lot of things, me with my pocket garden, if I scale it is not to to have 12 salads at the same time I can not experiment too much

I have not sown anything yet for lack of time and energy, life sometimes does not leave you free to laze
0 x
(of me)
Did67

by Did67 » 20/03/18, 18:41

Yes, we can see it like that ...

Little by little, I save a lot of money once the hay has been paid. This year, I haven't bought much seed yet. A few small bulbs (onions, shallot ...). So, from time to time, I pay myself a "madness" ...
1 x
Did67

by Did67 » 20/03/18, 19:54

13 April: Conference in Meistratzheim / 20 hours

For the people of the south of Strasbourg, who would not want to go to Brumath, the next conference in Alsace will be on Friday 13 April, in Meistratzheim.

03-20-18 Screen Shot at 07.51 Conf Meistratzheim.PNG
Screen Shot 03-20-18 at 07.51 Conf Meistratzheim.PNG (133.56 KIO) Accessed 2229 times
2 x
Did67

by Did67 » 21/03/18, 09:18

This morning, the minimums are as follows:

- mini station temperature (2 m height): - 5 ° C
- temp mini in chassis with thin insulation and with resistance: + 3 ° C
- temp mini chassis with insulation without resistance: - 1 ° C
- temp min in the greenhouse: - 7 ° C

[The last three temperatures are "at ground level", at the height of the probe planted vertically].
1 x
denis17
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by denis17 » 21/03/18, 11:10

Guibnd wrote:
denis17 wrote:Personally, I still have not started my sowing. This year I try a new prossess, soaking seeds before germination of the first, potting and direct placement in the outdoor greenhouse.
Denis

yes it does. to avoid breaking brittle germs, you can do the J + 1 method (I think I saw this in Gilles Domenech's book, gardening on living soil ) (yes that's the 68 page) with a small control sample set to germinate a day before your seeding batch. as soon as your J + 1 sample starts to germinate, you know that your seed set will germinate the next day, leaving you with the day to sow your J-1 lot easily without the risk of breaking germs (you can do J + 2 or 3 to have more margin)

I do this especially for parsley whose sprouting is capricious and carrots too.

I put parsley seeds in a glass of water in the fridge (and the small sample J + 1 that goes with). in 5-6 days (less than a week) the small sample germinates and fissa, I will sow my parsley in place ... unbreakable!

Thank you for the info, and in addition it allows to see if the bag of seeds is still able to sprout : Wink:
Denis
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 21/03/18, 17:06

Did67 wrote:This morning, the minimums are as follows:

- mini station temperature (2 m height): - 5 ° C
- temp mini in chassis with thin insulation and with resistance: + 3 ° C
- temp mini chassis with insulation without resistance: - 1 ° C
- temp min in the greenhouse: - 7 ° C

[The last three temperatures are "at ground level", at the height of the probe planted vertically].

the interest of the codon is well illustrated, the temperature does not go down, but in this frame does it grow?
0 x
(of me)
green68
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by green68 » 22/03/18, 17:31

Good evening everyone.

Having the possibility of recovering reed I am looking for the C / N.

I came across this pdf Indicative table of C / N ratios of different materials but no reed :(

If someone has an approximation I am a taker (green and / or dry) :?: :D
1 x