Solar thermal and heat pump

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 16/12/06, 01:28

Hello
on the other hand your new figures leave me still perplexed:
22-25 A in consumption is more reasonable for a 3,73 kw compressor (5 hp x0,746).
but for the flows you said first 780 l / h at 4 ° k it was only 3,588 kw or if you prefer 12250 BTU
now you say 18 l / min or 1080 l / h
therefore 1080 x 1,15kw / hx 4 = 5 kw / h or 17000 BTU
we are still far from the 65000 BTUs displayed

Normally the 65000 BTU which is written on the plate of the unit
it is the bTU output from the fan, the one that the machine can generate in the best conditions, the heat taken in the evaporator in this case the water from the earth in my case it is not the power of the machine .
Normally at the beginning when I did my performance tests, I used the heat pump to heat 2 domestic water tanks of 60 gallons each I left with water at 8c and I timed the time for the go up to 47c, during this time I raised the temperatures of the exchanger as well as measure the volume of water (there is a meter on the pump circuit), then I did the same experiment with the 2 tanks but heating with the elements of 6kw.
This gives in my best a cop of 3,5 to 3,3 when the water is from 20c to 41c
at 43c the cop is 2,9
at 48c the cop is 2,6
So to heat the water in the balloon with a heat pump it is profitable up to 43c then I use the electric elements,
In winter, the water enters very cold in the tanks and it is there that the heat pump is efficient.
In summer when I do air conditioning in the house I heat the 2 tanks above 60c and I only use very little water for the condenser .. (cold on one side and domestic hot water on the other side)

To know the real efficiency with forced air it is more complicated to measure the volume of air, I measure the air inlet and the outlet, again, the greater the temperature differential the better the efficiency ..

Andre
0 x
zazu
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by zazu » 17/12/06, 23:29

Hello André,
If I understood correctly how your heat pump works, you use it in summer to cool while heating your domestic water.
but in winter, you do the opposite. for this, your cap is reversible. in this case, if I don't say something stupid yet, your evaporator becomes condenser and vice versa.
which the direct source on the condenser and the evaporator: water on both sides or only water / air.
if it is water / water, reversibility can also be obtained by a set of valves to close or open. in this case your condenser remains what it is.
the performance tests, if I understood correctly, you did them in the air conditioning position by heating your balloons. what was the ambient temperature?
thank you for your patience in the face of my doubts.

amicalement
ZAZU
0 x
lilian07
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Re: Solar thermal and heat pump

by lilian07 » 06/03/18, 22:48

In the idea of ​​working at the lowest temperature for solar sheets we have this principle which is very good. Here we are in a thermal + PAC + solar system which could theoretically extract more than 100% of the solar incidence energy in thermal energy.
0 x