Le Potager du Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
joesab
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Re: The Kitchen Garden Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

by joesab » 25/02/18, 19:38

Good evening
I was able to recover a bale of hay, but it was impossible to unroll it, too badly formed, and my land is sloping.
I put patches of hay on the surface of the garden that I had left ... i.e. 6 m² of straw, 6 m² of hay,
and 20 m² of hay directly on the lawn (rather meadow).

I don't know what it will do, since it's late in the season, but I hope to be able to put potatoes in part of the 20 m² to have new potatoes, and tomato plants, that do you think?

And on the part already worked in the garden, but also covered late, salad plants, shallots, onions, radishes ... your opinion ...

Thank you

PS: I sowed my terrine tomatoes .... and my salads :)
good night
sabine
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 25/02/18, 19:50

The effect of late application is closely dependent on the type of weeds in place. From the point of view of "tillage" by the worms, this limits the action, but nothing very dramatic ...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 25/02/18, 20:35

Hello,
Ahmed wrote:What is remarkable in this project is that it essentially aims at the pursuit of an unsustainable and non-generalizable societal model. What could not be conceived as a purely agricultural approach becomes judicious as a crutch to economic exponentialism ...
We are not going to shy away from a good initiative and mentalities are changing in the agricultural world https://www.terre-net.fr/observatoire-t ... 35221.html

Sorry, we are stepping outside the purely phenocultic domain.
It is a global initiative as Sicetaitsimple clarified. No-till is gaining ground, especially in tropical climates.

I have already cited this study from which it appears that with no-till, the supply of organic matter and the replacement of synthetic fertilizers by others, the soils are restored and store carbon https://www.terre-net.fr/observatoire-t ... 26581.html
The presentation file https://asso-base.fr/IMG/pdf/presentati ... 17.txt.pdf
Ahmed wrote: this focus on CO² avoids a more global and therefore more dangerous criticism ...
Not that CO2 in fact, it does not promote agrochemicals and farmers have everything to gain.
Last edited by izentrop the 25 / 02 / 18, 20: 57, 1 edited once.
0 x
Mrik
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Mrik » 25/02/18, 20:57

big day for a lazy person!
Last harvest of lamb's lettuce before the cold wave and display of hay for the next season. I read in the book that Didier usually spreads around mid-November. In my vegetable garden I did it only now I hope it will not be too damaging in the spring.
In the meantime I stay warm.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 26/02/18, 11:24

joesab wrote:Hi,
I did not take up the entire post, but working in agriculture, I would have liked to know the origin of the products analyzed.
I think that French farmers are not all "big" polluters. Imported products are far from having the same production rules.
Look a little at countries like the Netherlands, Spain, Morocco, to mention only that ...
Sabine

It is the compilation and processing of data from the DGCCRF - hence the former "repression of fraud". It is therefore most likely all that is sold in France, regardless of origin.

From the consumer's point of view, it is leaving a globalized system, which includes producers in lots of countries, distribution channels, etc.

We can have reservations against this system - and therefore speak out against those who sometimes participate in it without knowing it!
1 x
denis17
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by denis17 » 26/02/18, 19:44

mrik wrote:big day for a lazy person!
Last harvest of lamb's lettuce before the cold wave and display of hay for the next season. I read in the book that Didier usually spreads around mid-November. In my vegetable garden I did it only now I hope it will not be too damaging in the spring.

Personally, I still have not spread my hay, and nothing planted yet, while it is time for garlic, shallots and onion, beans ... : Oops:
Denis
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 26/02/18, 19:50

denis17 wrote:

Personally, I still have not spread my hay, and nothing planted yet, while it is time for garlic, shallots and onion, beans ... : Oops:
Denis

me too but it will not be long, in terms of the establishment of hay, Didier also delays this, because after reflection, green plants on the ground in winters are more useful than a layer of hay without plant life chlorophyll
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
Mrik
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Mrik » 26/02/18, 21:04

joesab wrote:Good evening
I was able to recover a bale of hay, but it was impossible to unroll it, too badly formed, and my land is sloping.
I put patches of hay on the surface of the garden that I had left ... i.e. 6 m² of straw, 6 m² of hay,
and 20 m² of hay directly on the lawn (rather meadow).

I don't know what it will do, since it's late in the season, but I hope to be able to put potatoes in part of the 20 m² to have new potatoes, and tomato plants, that do you think?

And on the part already worked in the garden, but also covered late, salad plants, shallots, onions, radishes ... your opinion ...

Thank you

PS: I sowed my terrine tomatoes .... and my salads :)
good night
sabine

Last year I did the experiment pdt put on the ground then hay (30 cm) you can see the results in pictures on page 680 of the forum ! It was not the news but the desired
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 27/02/18, 01:04

Seen tonight on TV and found on the web ...

I know the area very well but have never known the guy

0 x
Mixieer56
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Mixieer56 » 27/02/18, 07:40

Moindreffor wrote:
denis17 wrote:

Denis

me too but it will not be long, in terms of the establishment of hay, Didier also delays this, because after reflection, green plants on the ground in winters are more useful than a layer of hay without plant life chlorophyll

Hello, I see that there are several approaches to soil preparation during the winter:
- lay hay in mid-November, wait for 10-12 degrees to plant or sow,
- leave the green plants in place, lay (pdt) or plant and cover with hay.
0 x
"Make a mess of your garden and order your ideas!" Didier Helmstetter