Le Potager du Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Did67

Re: The Kitchen Garden Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

by Did67 » 21/02/18, 18:47

If we reduce marketing to sell! [even rip off!]

My ambition is that the customer is satisfied! And if ever one of my other projects succeeds, let him buy again!
1 x
Julienmos
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Julienmos » 22/02/18, 14:18

small question, I have leeks in the garden that I take as needed.

As Siberian temperatures are announced next week, (with -3 ° at the best of the day!), The soil is likely to freeze deep, making the harvest probably impossible.

What do you do in this case? (I know, you have to eat something else) : Cheesy:
0 x
denis17
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by denis17 » 22/02/18, 17:53

Leeks quiche
leeks Vinaigrette
soup (with leek)
Bechamel leek
etc ... : Lol:
Denis
0 x
Den54
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Den54 » 22/02/18, 20:39

I believe that you did not answer the question of Julienmos, Denis17, I do not think that he wanted receipts, but how to behave with respect to the gel to harvest, no? :? Waiting for the thaw seems a good alternative (or the chisel hammer) : Wink:(or do you actually fill your freezer or have leeks before frost?)
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 22/02/18, 20:45

Or apply the paysan.bio method: cut one or two cm above the "plateau" (the area from which the roots start), so that they grow back ...
1 x
Julienmos
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Julienmos » 22/02/18, 21:17

Did67 wrote:Or apply the paysan.bio method: cut one or two cm above the "plateau" (the area from which the roots start), so that they grow back ...

thank you Den54, indeed it was not this kind of "recipe" that I expected :D

cut 2 cm above the tray, at home it's still 5 cm underground :!: , they are planted quite deep ...
(and I'm not specifically looking for them to grow back).

Didn't you once write, Didier, that you collected them all and that you brought them in ??? if so, to put them where to keep them?

but hey, nothing dramatic, the heavy frosts will last at most a few days, then it's spring (optimistic) : Lol:
Last edited by Julienmos the 22 / 02 / 18, 21: 26, 1 edited once.
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 22/02/18, 21:23

Put them in a cool but frost-free gauge, that should do it. mine did not resist voles, wild rabbits and leafminer;)
0 x
Julienmos
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Julienmos » 22/02/18, 21:30

izentrop wrote:Put them in a cool but frost-free gauge, that should do it. mine did not resist voles, wild rabbits and leafminer;)

thank you Izentrop, I also thought about that, put a few days in the cellar, but I was not sure that they would keep well.
0 x
Julienmos
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Julienmos » 22/02/18, 21:42

well, here is the leek problem solved, so i have a ... another question. : Lol:

while wandering in the cambrousse (brrrrr it curdles on the plateau with this wind), I look on the ground, in the meadows, everywhere, and I especially see ... moss. Often a thick carpet of moss and almost no grass.

But also, in wasteland, bushes, dead branches are also covered with moss, and (I think) lichens, lighter in color.

Is it possible that these mosses and lichens participate in the degradation of wood (lignin), like mushrooms? I don't think so, but get me out of a doubt. :)
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 22/02/18, 21:55

Directly, no ... Indirectly, a little, maintaining humidity ...

The presence of the mosses, finally the fact that we see them as much, is the result of the rains and the not too cold period, when they flourished.

Basically, the "hierarchy" of the appearance of plants is reconstituted during evolution:

cyanobacteria / primitive algae / mosses and selaginella / horsetails / gymnosperms / angiosperms etc ... I am probably forgetting a few ... The order of appearance roughly corresponds to hardiness - the ability to cope with very little Many things ... The more complex life became, the more a more complex system was already needed. Richer soils, organic, etc ... Even today, when a soil degrades, mosses settle ... OR in the shade, where the grasses lack light. Or on branches, where the higher plants cannot find soil ... But as soon as living conditions improve, the more sophisticated "upper ones" take over! There is a whole philosophy in observing all of this. With a small bike we will go less far, less quickly than with a rocket from SpaceX! Between the two, there are the cars. But it takes roads, fuel, engineers ...

With as spoilers in the hierarchy of plants, lichens, which appeared later, but today absolute pioneers, the symbiosis allowing them to resist where others cannot ... The cyanobacteria and the fungus have "understood" that alone, they were poorly endowed. Together, they are by far the "biggest" among the "ultra-hardy" capable of growing on concrete, granite, plank, bark ... If this is not a lesson for our "myhtho" in chief [for those who would not have read my book here, the "mytho", it is the human being, Homo sapiens, man "wise" as the inventor of the wars and the atomic bomb]
1 x