The car of the future

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: The car of the future

by Leo Maximus » 10/02/18, 13:04

Christophe wrote:The ideal would be a twizzy (or a smera or any other small electric car) with a removable range generator 3-5kW electric / 10-15kW thermal for winter or summer when you need to go a little further!

An autonomy extender with PAC H2 from Intelligent Energy would be suitable:

Intelligent Energy range extender.jpg
Intelligent Energy range extender.jpg (198.65 KB) Viewed 5754 times

The PAC H2 has a serious defect: it heats! This defect is used to ensure the heating / defrosting of the Twizy :) .

London police use Burgman's PAC H2 from Intelligent Energy:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/cars/news/me ... ll-suzuki/

Suzuki promo video (in Japanese, sorry but nothing in French)

The abandonment of Diesel and fossil fuels, the transition to organic farming are gradually making huge hydrogen production capacities available. Most of the hydrogen produced by industry (60 million tonnes / year) is used to ... desulfurize fuels and to manufacture chemical fertilizers.

Intelligent Energy is a London based company:

http://www.intelligent-energy.com/
1 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re:

by Leo Maximus » 12/02/18, 22:08

Leo Maximus wrote:The consoles of Auris are on sprintmonitor:

Auris Diesel:
http://www.spritmonitor.de/en/overview/ ... owerunit=2

Auris essence:

Auris hybrid, only one at the moment : Lol: ! :

8)

A subject left for dead when it is more relevant than ever!

I am updating some links, data and other info of my posts.

In October 2010, I compared the consumption in l / 100 km of the Toyota Auris which exists in 3 petrol, Diesel and petrol hybrid versions with the sprintmonitor data. There was only one Toyota Auris hybrid. Today there are more than 2000!

2072 Toyota Auris hybrid: 5,26 l

467 Toyota Auris Petrol: 7,21 l

Almost 2 liters more for the hybrid version, almost a third.

321 Toyota Auris Diesel: 6,14 l

So confirmation more than 7 years later: hybridization brings considerable savings in all respects. With 6,14 l of GO, the Auris Diesel consumes 30 to 40% more energy than the petrol hybrid version and I'm not talking about polluting emissions ... : Shock:

Today we can add the consoles of the C-HR released at the end of 2016 which also exists in hybrid and non-hybrid versions:

Hybrid: 5,10
https://www.spritmonitor.de/fr/apercu/4 ... owerunit=2

Non-hybrid: 7,06

I put a filter (122 CH) to eliminate the increasingly bogus bogus data, unfortunately, on sprintmonitor. The C-HR does not exist in Diesel or in rechargeable.

The C-HR, an SUV, does better than the Auris!

For 151 Prius IV the consumption is 4,49 l:

NB: Very low consumption, around 3 l / 100 is quite possible, on short trips and in summer :) , I have done this several times. On journeys of 5 to 10 km you can sometimes make an average of 2,4 l. With a strong tail wind :), frequent in Brittany, I sometimes make 3 l to 3,5 l out of 100 to 120 km. The thermal only runs from time to time, for a total of 30 to 40 km, otherwise the instrument panel displays the automatic [EV], which indicates that the thermal is stopped.
The second mode [EV], manual, leads to overconsumption, it is not often available. I hardly ever use it.
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 13/02/18, 08:52

I have an auris touring (station wagon) hybrid for about 1 year and I make an average consumption of 5.5L approximately.
two things could drastically lower this consumption:

# 1: that eco mode really favors low thermal regimes which is absolutely not the case. as soon as you press a little to climb a hill, the moped effect causes the revs to go up and the engine to come out of its economy zone while in eco mode it could remain at low rpm foot to the board and have a much lower specific consumption. too bad because I don't see any difference between eco / normal and power mode.

# 2: a bigger battery and with a plug-in function: I will do it myself thanks to lifepo4 batteries and a DCDC converter from an Enginer kit that I got : Cheesy:
1 x
Click my signature
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 13/02/18, 11:26

It seems difficult and complicated, but why not?

Here are the power and torque curves of the thermal and electric engines of the Prius II from 2003 to 1500cc engine. (source Caradisiac)

P II torque-power.jpg
Prius II
P II torque-power.jpg (79.49 KiB) Viewed 5618 times

The thermal torque curve is almost linear and the maximum power is 5000 rpm. How to modify it? The power and the torque of the electric motor are maximum at low speed therefore at low speeds, where it is necessary.

Why a bigger battery? And why the plug-in? We fall back on the side of the electric car, heavier, more expensive, and we recharge with coal (!) In addition as far as I am concerned. Classic hybrids already have a range extender, the heat engine.

The "moped" effect doesn't bother me at all. Planes also spin on takeoff when they put on the throttle. Then, who says moped says belt with a variable transmission ratio whereas in the principle of the Prius this ratio between the electric traction motor and the driving wheels is fixed and unique. How to do better?
1 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 13/02/18, 14:57

the moped effect doesn't bother me per se. it's just that the best thermal returns are for heavy loads at low speeds.
as soon as you go up in the towers, the thermal efficiency drops. so if they had programmed the ECO mode to stay in the low revs, I am sure that we would still gain in consumption. certainly at the cost of a reduction in power since the torque is almost constant.
here is the prius yield graph. we see that the best yields are mostly down to low rpm below 2600RPM.

as for the plug-in mode, it is that if I had a little more battery, I will make my commuting in almost all that which is impossible for the moment. I think add a limited amount of battery so a low overweight. others have already done it with very good results

pri_power_eff.jpg
pri_power_eff.jpg (106.43 KB) Viewed 5602 times
2 x

Click my signature
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 13/02/18, 18:08

There must be a way to modify the engine mapping, create a custom mode, instead of the eco or power mode. You must be out of warranty, preferably :) .

Regarding the battery it would be a question of adding one, not replacing the existing battery? So charge it, on command, from another battery charged on the network? The idea is interesting because the original capacity is low and it is quickly at a minimum after 10 minutes of bottling and the thermal starts. Then, with this low capacity, we are sometimes quickly at the maximum of the load downhill from a pass after 3 km when it can remain 10, (which also proves that energy recovery works very well, even without braking, contrary to what some claim).
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/02/18, 11:43

2 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 30/03/18, 18:49

Urban consumption test of around fifty petrol and diesel SUVs (published by Auto Plus magazine):

SUV city.jpg
Consumption in the city
SUV ville.jpg (129.6 KB) Viewed 5105 times

In gasoline, the 1st is the Toyota C-HR hybrid with 5,1 l / 100 km.

In Diesel, the Mazda CX-3 leads with 5,1 l / 100 km.

Note the 4th position of the Lexus RX-4h hybrid 4x450 with 313 hp which is 5,9 l / 100 km. It consumes less than the Fiat 500X Multijet 120 hp.

But driving Diesel in the city will remain very advantageous here, as long as fuels are not taxed on energy and that anti-pollution standards will favor Diesel.
2 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 22/04/18, 21:38

dirk pitt wrote:I have an auris touring (station wagon) hybrid for about 1 year and I make an average consumption of 5.5L approximately.
two things could drastically lower this consumption:

# 1: that eco mode really favors low thermal regimes which is absolutely not the case. as soon as you press a little to climb a hill, the moped effect causes the revs to go up and the engine to come out of its economy zone while in eco mode it could remain at low rpm foot to the board and have a much lower specific consumption. too bad because I don't see any difference between eco / normal and power mode.

# 2: a bigger battery and with a plug-in function: I will do it myself thanks to lifepo4 batteries and a DCDC converter from an Enginer kit that I got : Cheesy:

I never use the ECO mode or the sport mode, I never put the lever on B and I also do not use the manual EV mode and this is what gave a 4,4 km route in town yesterday with 4 people on board, an average of 2,8 liters of E10 per 100 km:

city ​​conso.jpg
conso ville.jpg (17.75 KB) Viewed 4934 times

It's a hybrid C-HR not rechargeable.

A new engine will soon be available with a combined power of 180 hp (143 hp for the 2.0l thermal and 107 hp for the electric traction). Improved acceleration (from 0 to 100 km / h in 7 seconds). 20% drop in average consumption.
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 23/04/18, 08:43

yeah, wow, that doesn't mean much.
a 4 km journey is absolutely not representative.
when not using eco and B modes, it's your choice but that doesn't mean that you consume less thanks to that.
mode B is essential in my mountainous region to have engine brake on long descents.
the ECO mode although not quite different for my taste from the normal mode favors in my opinion slightly the sub-diets which is beneficial in terms of consumption.
I said above that my average consumption was 5.5.
I improved because my consumption is now rather around 5. between 4.8 and 5.2
1 x

Click my signature