Elementary cellular automatons.

General scientific debates. Presentations of new technologies (not directly related to renewable energies or biofuels or other themes developed in other sub-sectors) forums).
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Elementary cellular automata.

by Ahmed » 16/01/18, 12:28

I remember that in the early days of microcomputing, small programs simulated the growth of a tree from very few elementary instructions which looped in increments: this gave very pretty fractals ...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 16/01/18, 20:56

Ahmed wrote:I remember that in the early days of microcomputing, small programs simulated the growth of a tree from very few elementary instructions which looped in increments: this gave very pretty fractals ...

Certain model of ACE also gives very nice fractals.

The interest of ACE is to be able to demonstrate that starting from simple principles one can arrive at complex structures obeying emerging laws, which confirms the notion of totality greater than the sum of the elements which compose it.
On the other hand, starting from a deterministic mode we can obtain chaotic phenomena and vice versa, which confirms in passing the vision of certain cosmogonies (Kaos / Cosmos).
This also joins the work ofAlex Wissner-Gross on the intelligence that it intrinsically links to the increase in entropy.
The anthropotechnical system can thus be understood as a non-local super-intelligence using its agents and structures for the construction of a whole beyond us ... naturalism requires nothing to say, quite the contrary, that this tendency is favorable to us, in reality is even the opposite ...
We would be like ants contaminated by the fungus cordyceps, exponential economism / technologism infecting our cognitive systems to make us accomplish a disastrous "fate *".

* By excluding any form of finalism of course, but which subjectively seems to us as such.
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 16/01/18, 22:39

Yes, of course, "destiny" is a way of speaking, a useful shortcut, although inaccurate ... it is like when I speak of finality: it would rather be a question of consequences of logical chains resembling a goal, considered from an anthropomorphic point of view.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
lilian07
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by lilian07 » 19/01/18, 18:36

The universe and its universal law is already a model of a whole composed of only a few elementary forces, gravitation is a simple law of force between 2 masses in direction but its macroscopic structuring power is amazing.
Furthermore if we add the 3 other forces, we touch on the whole complexity of the universe including the emergence of consciousness which probably came from a single simple microscopic law.
We are in the emergence of a complexity greater than the sum of the elements below. The model of elementary automata confirms this astonishing phenomenon in binary mode, but which is certainly a serious explanation for the emergence of life from inert elements.
1 x
thibr
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by thibr » 28/03/21, 16:04

Theory of evolution, its often misunderstood aspects, some curiosities, and even a computer simulation of the evolution of artificial life!
0 x

Back to "Science and Technology"