Le Potager du Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: The Kitchen Garden Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

by sicetaitsimple » 15/01/18, 18:25

Did67 wrote:Moon calendar

We talked about it above.

Ah yes, I was the one who started the mess by writing after watching a video "for example I was intrigued" about this radish story...

By the way, anyone other than Cigalyves83 watched this video?
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 15/01/18, 19:11

Gardening without pesticides...

Since we are in the "references", this article in the agriNetwork blog, by J. André Fortin (one of the "popes" of mycorrhizae):

https://www.agrireseau.net/blogue/94095 ... pathogenes

It therefore no longer seems "crazy" at all to think that in living soil, favorable to mycorrhizae, good results can be obtained without any treatment... The rule is not: "there are necessarily diseases - so we have to treat"! It's "there are many pathogens, they exist, but a living system adapts to them..." [like a human system adapts to a few bandits, fights against them, manages to keep their damage within bearable limits ...]
1 x
gek
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by gek » 15/01/18, 22:13

I started to watch it (about 1 hour) but I find it hard to hang on with the character. I have a lot of trouble with the quick explanations he uses and abuses (not yet seen the part on biodynamics, however).
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 15/01/18, 22:37

sicetaitsimple wrote:
nico239 wrote:Same here we found lots of clippings and other on the other side of the fence Image

You should be happy!

No, because retransbahuter them on the other side was not easy... Image
0 x
Thouvenel
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Thouvenel » 16/01/18, 09:37

gek wrote:I started to watch it (about 1 hour) but I find it hard to hang on with the character. I have a lot of trouble with the quick explanations he uses and abuses (not yet seen the part on biodynamics, however).

I also watched for almost an hour. Same impression. He did not answer on the reason for the "abandonment" of the greenhouse crops.
I don't like the evasiveness of his remarks either.

On the lunar calendar, the passage where he recommends "his" more than another by adding I don't know what cosmic influence definitely turned me on and made me very suspicious; but I'm going to watch the rest anyway because it would be silly to reject everything altogether. It immediately made me think of the gynecologist who announces the sex of the baby in advance to the parents and writes the opposite in his notebook. 100% prediction success!

There it's the same: "ah it didn't work when the moon was favorable? Normal! It's this other lunar calendar that is the right one!".
0 x
Thouvenel
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Thouvenel » 16/01/18, 09:57

Did67 wrote:Fungi and phosphorus

I am happy to find in a serious pen, things that I expressed in a similar form - before finding this pdf!

http://www.limousin.synagri.com/ca1/PJ. ... penElement

[Others preferring to burn woody substances !!!]

Exciting.
We touch on the complexity of this marvelous machinery that is the Earth.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 16/01/18, 10:09

"A world of communications and balances...

Other fundamental articles, in free access, for those who want to better understand what happens in the wonderful world of a living soil, and why there is then little need for fertilizers, amendments, decoctions , pesticides...

http://agriculture-de-conservation.com/ ... de-de.html

et

http://agriculture-de-conservation.com/ ... -meme.html

It's technical without being really arduous or incomprehensible. But if you have never studied biology, etc... you will already have to make a little effort. That's good: it's raining like a cow pissing!

[Note that "Conservation Agriculture" is a non-organic movement among "big-box" farmers interested in soil; these articles are published in the journal "TCS: Simplified Cultural Techniques"]

[I am researching and starting to accumulate material in the event that my book will be a success and that I will be able to publish my "Traité d'agronomy applied au Potager du Paresseux"!]
1 x
Did67

by Did67 » 16/01/18, 10:14

Thouvenel wrote:... the complexity of this wonderful machinery that is the Earth.

What is the ground ...

Which is only this tiny interface between the mineral world (the rock), dead, and the "layer of plants and animals", living, just above... In my book I point out that on an A4 paper, we are unable to represent this: the line of a pen that "surrounds" the globe that we are drawing is far too big to represent the 2 m of living soil, on average, compared to the 6 km radius of the earth!

And it is this tiny layer that is abused with so much casualness...

How can we think that the man is "reasonable" ???
1 x
Thouvenel
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Thouvenel » 16/01/18, 10:48

Did67 wrote:
Thouvenel wrote:... the complexity of this wonderful machinery that is the Earth.

What is the ground ...

I was referring to the actors mentioned by Coves (lightning, northern lights, plankton, currents, birds, ...).
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 16/01/18, 10:59

Oh yes okay. It's also true. A fortiori. I was very, very down to earth: in the ground, for now. And since the word "land" has a double meaning ...
0 x