Mapping of the universe

General scientific debates. Presentations of new technologies (not directly related to renewable energies or biofuels or other themes developed in other sub-sectors) forums).
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Mapping of the universe

by izentrop » 08/01/18, 09:17

I think that knowing where we come from and where we are going to interest everyone. In any case, the discoveries of astrophysics have always fascinated me.

It all started with the 7 Samurai, when they announced that the universe was expanding and heading towards a single point: the big attractor.
A luminary of the time told them (roughly): "anything, your career is ruined" : Shock:
Thanks to the Doppler effect applied to the light, we could record the direction and the speed of each celestial object and we put all that in big computers to get out a map in 3 D 42 billion diameter: visible universe multiplied by expansion.

The very nice Hélène Courtois explains it better than me
Explorateur in the geographical sense of the term, or rather cosmographic because thanks to its work, we know a little better where we are located in the Universe, at rather dizzying distances. Indeed, after the solar system, there is our galaxy, the Milky Way, included in a Local Group, itself included in a set of about 1 thousands of other galaxies, the supercluster of the Virgin, which is him -including, since its discovery by our guest in 2014, in an even larger superamas, named Laniakea. This discovery earned him a place in the list of 50 most influential personalities of France: https://www.franceculture.fr/emissions/ ... -du-cosmos

In image, it's even better. There are even several attractors and a foil to counterbalance all that. It is a theory that is confirmed from day to day and that needs more data to strengthen itself.
1 x
Bardal
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Re: Mapping the universe

by Bardal » 08/01/18, 11:15

Sumptuous ... Absolutely sumptuous ...

And who said that science was anything but poetry?
1 x
Bardal
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Bardal » 09/01/18, 21:32

It's weird that nobody else is interested ...
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 09/01/18, 23:53

It does not have to be pretty down to earth. : Mrgreen:

We know, for example, that the galaxy of Andromeda is heading us at a vertiginous speed and that our two galaxies will eventually meet ... in 5 billions of years ... It's crazy no?
In fact it does not matter because the earth will already be swallowed up for a long time by the sun become giant red, but if it were not the case, the space being mostly populated with emptiness, there is very little chance of collision.

They are not even forecasts for the Nostradamus, because we understand more and more the mechanisms of the universe which is repeated everywhere in the same way.

Here is the crab nebula, which is none other than the remains of a supernova.

Laurence Sacco is also a great, very pointed poet in the details. https://www.futura-sciences.com/science ... eil-14762/
0 x
lilian07
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by lilian07 » 10/01/18, 18:58

How can such a galaxy strike us?
I think more of a local disturbance of the stars that compose it because when we imagine the growing void that there is between the planets and between solar systems we imagine that such a collision is very unlikely.
In any case it is sometimes in the universe, or the oddities it creates (black hole, bi stars, explosions ....)
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 11/01/18, 00:24

Hit is not the word, but they would already have met 10 billion years ago https://www.futura-sciences.com/science ... ion-47672/ and should meet again in 5 billions of years (to the ladle).
In fact they both run at 2.4 million km / h towards the big attractor, but as they are relatively close, they attract each other by gravitational effect while making the yoyo
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 18/01/18, 00:42

Continuation of the soap opera on where we come from and where we go:

Origin of the solar system, its formation of the appearance of water, life, a succession of coincidences that make us here today. More and more details and challenges, which are discovered by researchers in all scientific fields.

All told by eminent enthusiasts https://www.franceculture.fr/emissions/ ... nvier-2018
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 24/01/20, 00:22

A clear demonstration on the knowledge that we have of neutron stars and pulsars.
0 x
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by plasmanu » 24/01/20, 00:40

I like the cosmic microwave background, matter and dark energy,
Gamma ray bursts, gravitational waves, transmutation into iron at the heart of the stars.
So many beautiful stories to invent : Mrgreen:
And in the middle there are us (pros and cons)
Cover_picture-2-8e098.jpg
Cover_picture-2-8e098.jpg (85.58 KB) Viewed 4083 times

There are 2 faces on the same piece.
PS: I go back to bed it's time not to leave the bed. And it is not recommended in bed high technology for a story of blue light : Mrgreen:
0 x
"Not to see Evil, not to hear Evil, not to speak Evil" 3 little monkeys Mizaru
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by plasmanu » 24/01/20, 04:12

https://trustmyscience.com/mesurer-fluc ... mais-cree/
cover-r4x3w1000-5e25e46cb4abd-ferris-wheel-384588-1920.jpg
cover-r4x3w1000-5e25e46cb4abd-ferris-wheel-384588-1920.jpg (124.86 Kio) Consulté 4066 fois
The vacuum actually hides energy fluctuations, and they can now be measured precisely with the fastest rotating object ever created ...
Silica spheres rotating at 300 billion revolutions per minute ...
Three years later, Li and his team replaced the diamond with silica nanoparticles only 150 nanometers in diameter, which were kept in suspension inside a vacuum chamber with a 500 milliwatt laser. Using polarized pulses from a second laser, they were able to adjust the rotation of the silica spheres.
protocol-friction vide.jpeg
protocol-friction-vide.jpeg (30.41 KiB) Consulted 4066 times

Measure the fluctuations of the electromagnetic field on the quantum scale.
“A fast rotating neutral nanoparticle can convert the fluctuations of quantum and thermal vacuum into radiation. As a result, the electromagnetic vacuum behaves like a complex fluid and will exert a couple of friction on a nanorotor "write the researchers.
Torsional force is measured in units called "newton meters", where a newton meter is a newton of force applied to a lever point a meter away. In 2016, an experiment developed a method that could measure a torque as sensitive as 3 × 10-24 newton meters, a process that required temperatures at a fraction of a degree above absolute zero ...
friction vide.jpeg
friction-vide.jpeg (43.01 KB) Viewed 4066 times
0 x
"Not to see Evil, not to hear Evil, not to speak Evil" 3 little monkeys Mizaru

Back to "Science and Technology"