car egr valve

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
mathis290
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

car egr valve

by mathis290 » 26/12/17, 18:12

Hello everyone,
I am in a mechanical pro tank I have to make a report and for subject I decide to talk about the EGR valve on a 1,6 hdi berlingo
So I would like to know if someone knows exactly how it works because I know how to say it but I have trouble formulating all of it.
I know that the exhaust gases (NOx) return to the combustion chamber to be re-burn a second time, and so on.
but would like more details if possible?
thank you goodbye
sorry for misspellings :)
0 x
Christophe

Re: car egr valve

by Christophe » 26/12/17, 20:17

Hello,

You will find everything you need to know about the EGR valve here: new-transportation / egr-valve-operation-and-explanations-t3958.html

Not sure your teachers like all the ideas exposed there : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:
0 x
gildas
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Re: car egr valve

by gildas » 27/12/17, 15:01

Hello,

See also the low pressure EGR valve recycling less particles:
There is often only one EGR valve, the diagram indicates two to be the most complete. In red the exhaust and in blue the air intake. We can clearly see here that the EGR valve is at the forefront concerning soot linked to exhaust gases. The use of product to put in fuel or oil can help avoid the formation of plugs which would prevent the butterfly from being mobile. This valve has the possibility of diverting (choice made by the computer) part of the gases towards the air intake, gases which are a vector of dirt on the diesels because the soot is fatty and thick. Obviously, there are many different assemblies (including the low pressure circuit which is not everywhere), so do not be surprised if there is a little difference between what you observe on your car and what you see here.

http://www.fiches-auto.fr/articles-auto ... ne-egr.php

The low pressure EGR valve is extremely efficient:

For large cars indeed, it was thought that an SCR system, with the addition of AdBlue was still necessary, but despite a significant mass, the Santa Fe does without it. Its technology is very conventional with a low pressure EGR with a cooling circuit.

http://www.moteurnature.com/27046-diese ... i-santa-fe
0 x