Solar bike lying down connection problem

Cars, buses, bicycles, electric airplanes: all electric transportation that exist. Conversion, engines and electric drives for transport ...
brett
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Solar bike lying down connection problem

by brett » 10/11/17, 16:26

Hello everyone

I write on this forum because I have a priori concern that nobody seems to be able to solve.
I make it simple
I ride a recumbent solar bike.

On the one hand my electric bike with a LI ION 36v20A battery which powers the motor.

on the other the panels with an MPPT boost charger, which charges in 42V3A.

I haven't plugged the two together yet

Well, one can recharge the other, of course that's how I thought it would be.
But of course the idea was to recharge while driving, ie to permanently connect the MPPT to the battery, and recharge while driving, it seems logical, that's what we do on all vehicles in the world.

PROBLEM

On the battery there is a "charge" input intended for the mains charger, and a "discharge" output intended for the motor ... I was already unaware that this was the case on this kind of battery, naively I imagined a battery with a plus and a minus, and connect it all in parallel, like my car.
WHAT IS MORE, it is clearly specified on the doc that you must DISCONNECT the discharge part while charging the battery !!!

You probably understand the problem: it prohibits charging while driving .... in other words, it puts my whole project in the air !!!

I contacted the seller who has never had this kind of problem, because nobody has ever thought of doing this kind of editing ... I wonder, I am not the only one a priori to have made a solar bike. They offered me a second battery to charge while I drive by discharging the first ... yeah, at 400 euros the battery is average, not counting the extra weight, not to mention the fact that the idea was to limit the number of cycles, and thus keep the battery longer, in an ecological concern !!!

I contacted the sellers of panels and MPPT, they told me they did not understand why it was forbidden to load while unloading ...
mouais

an engineer: who thought he would rather charge the batteries by putting everything on the "discharge" connector ... yeah ...

So nobody has ever connected life panels an MPPT on a LI ION battery on which there is a charge socket and a discharge socket ???

Please, if someone has an answer I take, because there, I have a whole system, and I do not operate it for fear of deteriorating an element for lack of technical knowledge ...

In advance thank you

cordially

Francois
1 x