Self-consumption: what good value for money?

Forum solar photovoltaic PV and solar electricity generation from direct radiation solar energy.
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Self-consumption: what good value for money?

by chatelot16 » 08/09/17, 19:19

my photovoltaic panel also comes from a seller from the right corner in Poitiers ... but not sure it is the same since you do not give precision

I installed 400w peak: it rarely exceeds what I consume so it pays off well

install more and try to make the most of the rab by using hot water seems to me a mistake: hot water has much less value than electricity ... we can do it with solar thermal collectors cheaper than photovoltaics ... in winter I make cheap hot water with wood combustion

as long as there is no good large repairable and durable demountable battery there will be no cost-effective way to recover photovoltaic in rab ... making hot water is a false lead
0 x
lilian07
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by lilian07 » 09/09/17, 09:10

I clearly disagree with you Chatelot the figures speak for themselves and if an exposure due south allows with a rerouting barely 5 years return on investment ca all other other forms of system.
The rerouting allows:
-avoid the cost of a storage battery at low cost increase the electric production by the surplus of panels (x3 on background noise)
- recover in a degraded form the electricity (by hot water) which in any case is used to heat an electric DHW tank that we all hold in majority (if the heating of the DHW is carried out by a thermal panel the additional cost mounting will not be profitable and the system less reliable and less efficient in winter, however I have no comparison for the DHW produced by a wood heating which is in my opinion too restrictive)
-significantly reduce the EDF bill.
-to allow better use of the electrical installation in the event of an EDF outage
-to reduce the complexity of the system which becomes feasible for any handyman.
- to a lesser extent to be in accordance with the law

For all these reasons and for the fact that an electrical panel produces as much kwh usable for the year as a thermal panel and whose cost today is much lower, it is relevant to reroute.
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 09/09/17, 09:58

at home with the price of electricity and the price of photovoltaics, it pays for itself in 8 years if I consume electricity directly

the heat of wood costs me about 10 times cheaper than electricity ... so if photovoltaic has nothing better to do than hot water it pays for itself in 80 years

that's why I say that in my case using the photovoltaic rab to make hot water is hardly better than letting it lose

what is more interesting to optimize self-consumption is the intelligent control of certain devices:

double thermostat for freezers, to favor their functioning when there is a rab

emergency power inverter modify so as not to charge its battery permanently but in priority when there is a rab

the same for a large tank compressor

I wanted to do it also with a washing machine ... it would have been easy with the old one which supported being lit and cutting by continuing its program each time we turn it back on ... alas all the new machine stupid electronics that do not continue the program when you turn it back on: another progress in reverse!
0 x
enka
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by enka » 11/09/17, 17:34

chatelot16 wrote:my photovoltaic panel also comes from a seller from the right corner in Poitiers ... but not sure it is the same since you do not give precision

This is this announcement: https://www.leboncoin.fr/bricolage/1081 ... tm?ca=12_s
0 x
enka
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by enka » 11/09/17, 21:29

chatelot16 wrote:the heat of wood costs me about 10 times cheaper than electricity ... so if photovoltaic has nothing better to do than hot water it pays for itself in 80 years

that's why I say that in my case using the photovoltaic rab to make hot water is hardly better than letting it lose

I also have a wood boiler (pellets), but which manages the heating for the moment. I plan to add DHW one day, with solar thermal if possible, but I'm not there yet : roll:
0 x