Organic growth in France

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Organic growth in France

by moinsdewatt » 26/05/17, 15:38

25 figures to understand the explosion of bio in France

FRANCK STASSI New Factory on 24 / 05 / 2017

INFOGRAPHY Consumption of organic products gained 21,7% in 2016, for a turnover of 7,1 billion euros. This new market growth and the promise of more profitable prices are pushing more farmers to take an interest in them.

Consumption of organically grown products increased 21,7% between 2015 and 2016, said on Tuesday 23 May the Bio Agency. All circuits combined, the total value of organic products sold reaches 7,1 billion. With sales up by 23,7% in value, specialty stores are the segment that has benefited most from consumers' enthusiasm, in front of large food retailers (+ 22,5%), whose dedicated linear products are constantly growing, Craftsmen-traders (+ 19,2%) and direct sales (+ 15,1%).

To respond to this surge in demand, the sector is adapting: the number of operators specializing in organic products (farmers, processors, distributors, import / export) increased by 11% in 2016. Agence bio today estimates the number of direct jobs in the sector at 118. Thus, 000 additional direct jobs (in full-time equivalent) on farms were counted in 77, in the organic farming segment alone, to which must be added the creation of jobs in retail sales (+700 jobs), processing (+2016 jobs), service activities (+ 23 jobs in consulting, administrative services and R&D) and wholesalers (+ 800 jobs). Organic farms represent 12% of French farms and 800% of agricultural employment, including the farms engaged in the conversion process in 2000. In total, 1600 jobs were created in the space of four years.

The number of conversions in bio explodes

http://www.usinenouvelle.com/editorial/ ... ce.N544518
1 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Growth of bio in France

by Janic » 26/05/17, 16:19

eh yes! It took a long time, but it is a tidal wave difficult to stop now to the detriment of the so-called phytosanitary chemical industries. People are tired of being poisoned by all these chemicals (and not agricultural), hence the similar explosion of homeopathy, natural treatments and other related means and the advertising of manufacturers who to whom better better emphasizes that their products are without dyes, parabens, GMOs, without many endocrine disruptors, etc ...
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 26/05/17, 17:23

Ben says so ... There's some way to go ... 1.54 millions of hectares on the 29millions of hectares of agricultural in france ... 5.3% ... A tsunami : Mrgreen:
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 26/05/17, 18:40

Ben says so ... There's some way to go ... 1.54 millions of hectares on the 29millions of hectares of agricultural in france ... 5.3% ... A tsunami : Mrgreen:
It must be placed in its historical context. The 'XNUMXs bio was considered to be a baby cool quirk, "make love Not War"; all the media (at the orders of agrochemicals) broke sugar on organic products, the rare supposed false organic products were the subject of smear campaigns, organic products shops were as rare as the display of homeopathy on pharmacies, etc ... This is the context of the time that allows us to better understand the phenomenon. So this graph shows since the 90s the exponential explosion (relative obviously)
Then we find the same top-down charts for agricultural enterprises that are gradually disappearing, the fall in prices given to the farmers, which are gradually eroding them, the regular suicides at present, and the (almost) organic farming companies that give confidence to farmers in Assuring them a price ON QUALITY and not quantity, thus ensuring them a decent income, also explains this rise of organic. If you extend these curves, characterized by the surfaces in conversion, and at current 20% constant, you are going to a progressive and exponential conversion of these farms which, on 10 years only, would already represent one third of the surface Agriculture in France and 7 years later, ideally, all of them (not to dream, however, agrochemical is not willing to let its market share nibble)

Brief History of Bio
In about sixty years, organic agriculture has gradually shifted from a marginal position to a central issue of society. It is the most successful approach to protecting the environment, biodiversity and animal welfare, which gives it a special status and a solid foundation for the future.

http://www.agencebio.org/breve-histoire-de-la-bio

[*] On this graph from 2014 to 2016: + 45% in conversion!
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 05/06/19, 09:44

https://www.francetvinfo.fr/economie/em ... 74325.html
franceinfo with AFP
France Télévisions
Updated the 04 / 06 / 2019 | 12: 00
released the 04 / 06 / 2019 | 11: 33

Organic agricultural production recorded a "record year" in France in 2018, especially in cereals, with an increase to 7,5% of the organic agricultural area, while 10% of farmers now work organic in the country, a announced, Tuesday, June 4, Agence Bio.

With two million hectares cultivated organically last year in France, there is really "a milestone" on the production side, "in line with the objective of to reach 15% of the agricultural area in bio end 2022", declared Florent Guhl, director of Agence Bio, a public body which monitors the evolution of organic farming in France. This agency is a French public interest group which promotes organic farming in France, notably through its AB labels. and the European logo Eurofeuille.

With all due respect to the maniacs of glyphosate and other "cides" of conventional agriculture, the farmers who convert to it no longer use it and are doing very well.
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 05/06/19, 18:33

and we are already the "organic" tomato
pesticide, herbicide, fungicide (all synthetic) and without land grown in aquaponics on rockwool : Mrgreen:
the new "organic" is really without, and especially "tasteless" if it continues, but "organic"
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
phil12
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by phil12 » 05/06/19, 19:50

Hello,

Why leave immediately in the big caricatures there is not even debate it can not be denied that:
- there are fewer chemical or petrochemical inputs of all kinds
- it's less damaging for the planet (especially if you make an effort on meat and dairy products that are not essential)
- more rewarding for the producer especially if we develop as biocoops do the short circuits

So look for lice, spend watts, sodomize Drosophila is very productive!
0 x
Sustainable energy consulting for construction
http://www.philippeservices.net/
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 05/06/19, 20:12

phil12 wrote:Hello,

Why leave immediately in the big caricatures there is not even debate it can not be denied that:
- there are fewer chemical or petrochemical inputs of all kinds
- it's less damaging for the planet (especially if you make an effort on meat and dairy products that are not essential)
- more rewarding for the producer especially if we develop as biocoops do the short circuits

So look for lice, spend watts, sodomize Drosophila is very productive!

I totally agree with you, but we have to see the reality as it really is and not as we would like it

the increase in "organic" surfaces has resulted in a major reduction in "organic" specifications, the "organic" of 20 or 30 years ago no longer has anything to do with the "organic" current, and it is not me who says it, it is an "organic" farmer friend who tells me

so yes it is progressing on the surface, but it is regressing in restrictions, so yes the big caricature just to say that cheap "organic" is "organic" industrial

short circuits Ok, I know, but when I see an "organic" cucumber sold in vacuum-packed plastic, what's the point of making "organic", where is the benefit for the planet?

I buy in short circuit but all are not "organic" and I prefer to buy a non-"organic" unpackaged cucumber than an "organic" in plastic

so excuse me, but "organic" is certainly not the guarantee of a gain for the planet
more tillage so more diesel
natural fertilizers mined with great speed and transported over kilometers well seen the carbon footprint
use of natural phytosanitary products is said to be safe since natural

so excuse me if I'm not satisfied with the postcard image and I also look behind the scenes

the "organic" comes from a refusal of synthetic products mainly because they are synthetic resulting from chemistry, as at the same time we refused the consumer society, capitalism and that part of the population left the cities for the countryside
0 x
(of me)
phil12
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by phil12 » 05/06/19, 20:49

Good evening,
Well no, I do not agree, it's not a postcard, I talk about it from the inside, I was a bio producer for 15ans and I'm what is happening now close.

1 / there is a lot of clean production because the guys do this by vocation, not for the money it should not insult these thousands of producers!
2 / bio indus despite all that you can say is still significantly less impacting at all levels than conventional agriculture, so it's really a big step if it happens on a large scale!

We are more in a postcard but in a turn if we reason in a pragmatic way.

If the consumer wants the slaves of agriculture to do a good job, they must show solidarity and pay for basic products at their fair price! we have money for the football match, changing the car or the integrated kitchen, but not so that our children eat better and live in a less disgusting place! We must also change bad habits> off-season products> off-continent> limit meat and dairy products> packaging ....

So yes we will say that there is a lump of organic producers schemher (we can not put a cop behind everyone) or that the bio is not perfect, etc ... but it is still not necessary charier you are interested in phenoculture and so you see that we can improve the stuff and limit the inputs and synthetic pesticides or not, when you want to sting his dog is accused of rage!

And the story of cucumber in plastic packaging you think it's the fault of bio? and that you are not in sophistry?

My local bio shop, makes a max of local, a max of seasonal products, a max of bulk (products maintains, cakes, etc etc ...)

So good evening, good luck, continue to make gnagnagna, good weekend!
0 x
Sustainable energy consulting for construction
http://www.philippeservices.net/
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 05/06/19, 22:19

phil12 wrote:Good evening,
Well no, I do not agree, it's not a postcard, I talk about it from the inside, I was a bio producer for 15ans and I'm what is happening now close.

1 / there is a lot of clean production because the guys do this by vocation, not for the money it should not insult these thousands of producers!
2 / bio indus despite all that you can say is still significantly less impacting at all levels than conventional agriculture, so it's really a big step if it happens on a large scale!

We are more in a postcard but in a turn if we reason in a pragmatic way.

If the consumer wants the slaves of agriculture to do a good job, they must show solidarity and pay for basic products at their fair price! we have money for the football match, changing the car or the integrated kitchen, but not so that our children eat better and live in a less disgusting place! We must also change bad habits> off-season products> off-continent> limit meat and dairy products> packaging ....

So yes we will say that there is a lump of organic producers schemher (we can not put a cop behind everyone) or that the bio is not perfect, etc ... but it is still not necessary charier you are interested in phenoculture and so you see that we can improve the stuff and limit the inputs and synthetic pesticides or not, when you want to sting his dog is accused of rage!

And the story of cucumber in plastic packaging you think it's the fault of bio? and that you are not in sophistry?

My local bio shop, makes a max of local, a max of seasonal products, a max of bulk (products maintains, cakes, etc etc ...)

So good evening, good luck, continue to make gnagnagna, good weekend!

my organic store is 30 km from home, it is not his fault, but mine when I take my car to go on purpose, while my conventional producer I go ahead every day, so I make a choice me too according to my beliefs
for cucumber under plastic, it is the one who produces it
I said we agree, so everything you say think so too
but is reality this? afterwards if you only see the "organic" through an ideal example by not looking at the other "organic" ones, it's your choice, I just try not to be too idealistic, to denounce the drifts , but if you don't mind, let's not talk about it

we want to impose "bio" as we wanted the death of diesel, and now we realize that the manufacturers have made so much effort that diesel emits less than gasoline, of course there are still old diesel, nothing is not totally perfect

I am not saying that the vast majority of "organic" producers do not do a good job, but we must not deny that "organic" tomatoes from Spain are produced industrially and that in France to keep up with the competition we start to do the same,

Janic often speaks of the "real" organic, well it may be necessary to find another term to precisely differentiate this "real" organic from the other, because the confusion of genres will inevitably harm the "real", I think that 'wanting organic at any cost, organic is sawing the board it's sitting on

it is rather that which worries me in the bio, to deny this obviousness it is to play the ostrich, after making the choice to eat well or to buy a TV, that is the problem it is a choice, either one or the other but not both, it's always easier to say when you can do both
0 x
(of me)