Standalone 100% Buildings: The Site

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Standalone 100% Buildings: The Site

by izentrop » 17/01/17, 13:59

Hello,
Remundo wrote: thermodynamic solar painfully exceeds 20% efficiency (just the steam turbine has roughly 33% efficiency), while the most recent PV is also 20% efficiency, with no moving parts, at a lower cost .
For systems with a stirling engine it is obvious, but for a power station like that of Noor, the surplus heat is stored in molten salt and allows to continue to provide electricity after dark. https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centrale_solaire_Noor
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 17/01/17, 18:59

thermal storage is an additional manipulation which further lowers the output of the sun to the electrical network.

however, storage is one of the rare "arguments" that thermodynamic solar can oppose to solar PV (which is over the sun) ... do not forget, however, that electricity can also be stored.
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 17/01/17, 19:03

yaccard wrote:Hello
I repeat (but apparently it has not been read) that for me, the word "autonomy" is a contraction of "autonomy in relation to fossil fuels and other uranium ores" but certainly not "absolute" autonomy which of elsewhere does not mean anything, since we remain dependent on solar energy at the planetary level.

ah very well, in this case the logs can be validated as an "autonomous" system.
I have shown real examples that work according to this principle of autonomy, now, no one has provided me with other functional examples that I would gladly add to my site.

Well you take any house, which has 20 m² of PV plus a wood fireplace.

Few houses have batteries ... but even fewer are houses with fuel cells!
is more the global cost (from the cradle to the grave) that counts and we must be wary of subsidized systems (with obscure logic) because tomorrow they will not be anymore when a building lasts at least a century and even much more with successive renovations.
Yves

I agree, but precisely, I have doubts about the cost of installation and maintenance of heat pumps which are very complex machines ...
0 x
yaccard
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by yaccard » 19/01/17, 14:34

[Well you take any house, which has 20 m² of PV plus a wood fireplace.]
Well give me addresses, apart from the two that I presented on my site, I don't know any.
I am talking about 100% autonomous buildings (thermal and electric) and therefore not connected to the networks (otherwise there would be dependence).
Thank you for your answers.
Yves
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 19/01/17, 14:42

there are mountain huts / huts that are like that. Here is an example

Afterwards, in "plain", people prefer to connect to the network so as not to have to pay X000 € for batteries, having to change / repair them ...

Besides, in my opinion, your system does not support any economic comparison. It meets a "autonomy" specification. But it has very sophisticated elements (electrolyser, heat pump, H2 tank, valves of all kinds ...) which leave me perplexed as to "democratization".

In summary this building is a beautiful technical object, but I believe that it will not go much further.

In terms of autonomous buildings with renewable energy (s), the most pragmatic would be a PV roof (and / or a wind turbine) + wood cogeneration.
0 x
yaccard
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by yaccard » 20/01/17, 14:09

Hello
Thank you for this example but your message already shows that you have not looked at my site since the link you give (the house of Fabrice André) is precisely one of the two houses which is already on my site!
As for the "technical" remarks mentioned, I have already answered them in previous messages and I do not want to repeat.
Small final remark: the system that I present is not "my" system, but also it is necessary to take the trouble to read the information before commenting on it.
Yves
0 x
lilian07
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by lilian07 » 20/01/17, 15:23

Hello,
I do not doubt the principle of autonomy by this system but it is important to bring this system closer to the competition. Indeed in the search for autonomy and it is certainly the most difficult it is necessary to evoke the price of the Kwh. From this price follows a small calculation of the corner of the table to compete with other forms of energy.
Finally and in my opinion, another difficulty is that the system must reach a relative feasibility / reproducibility.
Often the feasibility is linked to simplicity and often simplicity is linked to the economic competitiveness of Kwh.
By browsing quickly the site I did not find a price for hydrogen. Can you easily quantify (no details) the overall investment of the system?
For renewable energies each project is interesting because everything is not feasible but often includes interesting sub-systems.
1 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 20/01/17, 18:30

yaccard wrote:Hello
Thank you for this example but your message already shows that you have not looked at my site since the link you give (the house of Fabrice André) is precisely one of the two houses which is already on my site!

"your site", "you have to read" etc ... you should already be a little more modest ... in my opinion you are far from listing all the autonomous shelters that burn wood and have isolated PV .. .
the system that I present is not "my" system, but also it is necessary to take the trouble to read the information before commenting on it.
Yves

I responded to your comments.
0 x

Go back to "Fossil energies: oil, gas, coal and nuclear electricity (fission and fusion)"