Washing machine, its design programmer

And if they were repairing rather than throwing and change? Rediscover the pleasure of the repairs yourself. How to diagnose a problem or find spare parts? Repair itself is way to save money generally!
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 01/10/10, 09:16

citro wrote:: I was very happy to discover that these machines use standard bearings and seals, available from any industrial supplier.

It will be a possible choice, when the time comes to replace mine, knowing that I do not want to buy disposable ... : Idea:

You were lucky, and indeed it is a very good thing.
My parents had had identical problem on an almost new machine (3 years) but it was all set bearings, with parts anything but standard.
It was mandatory to buy the part from the manufacturer to repair.
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 01/10/10, 11:28

Andre wrote:first the big companies have absorbed the small companies and some brand remains, Inglish, General electric and they make a product quite similar.

citro wrote:I was very happy to discover that these machines use standard bearings and seals, available from any industrial supplier.

It will be a possible choice, when the time comes to replace mine, knowing that I do not want to buy disposable ... : Idea:

Not very surprising, it has already been over twenty years that we know that there are one or two factories that produce for all other brands right? Ditto for fridges, irons and other electric stoves ...
The problem that we meet with low cost or not (if by chance you buy new) is corrosion. They are in enamel paint on the visible side and elsewhere .... nothing! (Whether for Wirlpool-Phillips or first prize in sub-sub-brand of large distrib. It's the same). So if you have a good pistol, it would be better to squirt a few layers where it is going well as a preventive measure (with a passivator, as soon as the warranty ends).
Other than that, no worries on my side (I touch boa) : Cheesy:
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 01/10/10, 15:30

Hi André!

Never touch the programmer on a GE, the Matag have become garbage cans and are no longer advisable!

I have had the opportunity to repair a lot of household appliances and most of the time it is small problems like cover switch, bushing motor which lacks lubrication and gets stuck, broken belt, stuck clutch, transmission, pump blocked by a bra LOL! or other, seldom the programmer fails, faulty water level gauge due to a leak, all in all nothing very complicated.

Unfortunately European devices are totally different from what we have here in North America, less today with the new front devices which are a fiasco for a higher price.

Formerly our devices could last 30 years and now 10 to 15 years with repairs required in the first two years.

Little anecdocte on GE, you bought a GE and no transmission problem and an MClary with exactly the same transmission did not last very long, so I asked a GE authorized person who replied that the difference did not hold less oil and less quality inside.

They make these engineers drool over us!
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.
Criticism is good if added to some compliments.
Alain
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 01/10/10, 16:10

I changed the brandt to my wife because of the HS drum bearings.

The engine was charcoal with an electronic control card no starting condo the card and the engine are inseparable .. by dismantling the machine I found a manual to test the engine and the card before sending them back .. They started like that: 9 cards out of 10 returned to us are still good for use, please do the following tests ...
I kept all this to make myself a centrifuge with the pete motor at at least 10rpm ... and adjustable in addition ...

Programmers or an old recycled machine: go to "envy" by my place they are simple
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 01/10/10, 16:57

Pity ! : Cheesy:

If anyone is interested,
I have 2 identical Z bearings (adaptable left and right), new, with screw pocket, still in the packaging.
They are identical to those of these links:
http://www.jeremplace.com/lave-linge/pa ... 321_0.html
et
http://www.atoupieces.fr/marque/recherc ... lave-linge

Contact by MP
0 x
OlivierD
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Re: Washing machine, design your programmer

by OlivierD » 22/10/16, 19:26

Hello
I go back to the post for recent breakdowns ... we do not always know how to interpret the machine error codes, often there is a paper in the machine or everything is explained, with the diagram and everything ... A colleague gave me his LV to dismantle following a breakdown, I found by dismantling, it was dirty I could have saved it if I had looked more carefully. now I already have one that has worked perfectly for 17 years ...

olive
0 x
700W of PV in autoconso with tignous router ...
Permaculture cannot be improvised in 15 days, let's listen to Arthur Keller, and let's not forget to vote for the program that best defends our interests!
vital
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by vital » 15/12/16, 13:09

Hello
Although your message is quite old, have you been able to advance in your research, I also had this idea, I know very well the course of the cycles. Thank you for keeping me informed.
0 x
leipo159
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by leipo159 » 01/07/18, 06:46

an idea, it would be to recover a machine with the electronics HS, then the retyped, integrated into it more solid components (induction motor, water pump, drain pump ..) then to create the programs via an arduino card ..
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 01/07/18, 17:36

Some do it but still have to be experienced : Wink: https://www.silicium628.fr/article_i.php?id=11
0 x

Back to "failure, troubleshooting and repair: repair yourself? "