Need help for Peltier modules

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Need help for Peltier modules

by izentrop » 01/05/16, 19:06

johan07 wrote:Is it the regulator that will serve as my "load" and resistance or the battery?
I had not yet answered, because before thinking of the electrical regulation which can be resolved by an adapted MPPT regulator (as specified by Gaston), it is necessary to regulate the temperature of the hot face with a hydraulic oil circuit so as to do not exceed the maximum temperature allowed by the modules and the cold side to maintain a low temperature.
This can be done with a water circuit and external radiator for the cold side.

If we manage to obtain a permanent difference of 60 ° (90/30), we will perhaps obtain 15 W with 10 modules, perhaps not enough to supply the 2 hydraulic pumps :(
0 x
Petrus
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Re: Need help for Peltier modules

by Petrus » 06/12/16, 17:46

I finally finalized my stove fan self-powered by Peltier modules:
fan_1.jpg

fan_2.jpg

A bet of the modules died without doubt due to overheating, so I ordered others, SP1848-27145 sold as designed for power generation.

A modified 80mm fan blows on the dissipator, I replaced the original brushless motor for a small DC motor which starts at a much lower voltage:
mod_ventilo_80.jpg

The main fan is made from cans and a hub printed in 3D, the motor support is also printed in 3D (in ABS to resist heat).

The small fan is connected directly to the 4 modules connected in series, the large fan is connected to it through a Schottky diode so that the small fan can start and cool the cold part even if the modules do not provide enough juice to start the big one.
0 x