Economic crises, sacrificed youth and poverty

Current Economy and Sustainable Development-compatible? GDP growth (at all costs), economic development, inflation ... How concillier the current economy with the environment and sustainable development.
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Economic crises, sacrificed youth and poverty

by Janic » 18/06/16, 07:32

DID hello
whose cost is shared,
which has given a double-edged sword when this pooling becomes a cash cow for industrialists.
because it is estimated that cancer is not directly your fault;

Yes and no! The conditions that lead to development, what do I say the explosion of cancers of all kinds, are becoming better known and if certain conditions (often professional) are difficult to avoid, others depend on our life choices and, unfortunately, these choices are not made out of ignorance or a refusal to know. (alcohol, tobacco; animal products, industrial food products, etc.)
that raising children should not be a burden for parents alone.
on the contrary, education is the only fact of parents who must serve as a model for their offspring. Education and instruction are too often confused, the latter often being beyond the reach of many parents. But, and there is a big deficiency, there is no school for parents to prepare them for their role as educator and they learn, through everyday life, what should have been done, but too later! Here again, this training was provided by the parents of the parents in families where all generations were united under one roof. The breakdown of this structure has produced what we are currently seeing, where young parents believe they have a lot of science on this subject.
So to use one of my favorite expression: "we are starting to be ripe to raise our children when they are about to leave home "
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
phil53
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by phil53 » 18/06/16, 07:44

No, obviously not for the moment, it's marginal.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 18/06/16, 11:52

I will not relaunch a debate including my contribution, quoted by very partial extracts which completely distort them [we recognize there janic!], Dte of 2011.

@janic:

In my original text, there is precisely the mention of possible abuses, but my reasoning drew attention to the risk of balancing any form of mutualization and socialization because of these abuses ...

Even if everyone has a greater or lesser share in certain diseases (not all, by far!), I still do not want us to put everyone alone, facing their risk.

I come out of cardiology again, despite a very good lifestyle, even if not as extreme as yours: do I have to pay the bill, if I follow your reasoning?

Either it is yes. No need to contradict me for the pleasure of contradicting!

Me, it's clearly not. I am for a mutualisation. Clearly.

At the risk that the extremist imbeciles (the ayatollahs in all things, or the Daeshs of everyday life) overthrow everything.

I'm rarely mean, but the fools who threw stones at Necker Hospital, I just wished them serious heart trouble instantly. And tell them: "Sorry, we can't admit you, we'll have to wait a few hours, there are demonstrations blocking the entrance!" Yes, I thought about it. For once !
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 18/06/16, 12:40

I come out of cardiology again, despite a very good lifestyle,

It's all about knowing what very good means for everyone! Except pathology inherited from his ancestors, vascular problems are directly linked to lifestyle
even if not as extreme as yours:

Not that extreme! I am far from being in harmony with all that I emphasize in my interventions (they represent an "ideal" of certain aspects of life), but I am well aware of these differences and the possible drawbacks of them.
should i pay the bill if i follow your reasoning?
No! I am also in favor of this pooling, but which is also a double-edged sword because it encourages us to ignore the causes of certain pathologies since the system is there to provide for them "for free" (in fact that everyone obviously pays). However, from experience, I know that as soon as the relationship between cause and effect is put forward, individuals are unwilling, including me, (with a few exceptions when the cloth is burning) to modify the habits that are the cause. .
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Did67

by Did67 » 18/06/16, 18:32

Janic wrote:
Except pathology inherited from his ancestors, vascular problems are directly linked to lifestyle

There you go.

"Except" ... as you say

[FYI, in my case, my mother died of a heart attack, an uncle, my brother suffered a heart attack at barely 50 ... My neighbor in the hospital two days ago: quadruple bypass there at 20 years old, 2 bridged brothers, 2 other brothers detected in time and several times "stented" ...

If you add that the risk factors, far from being all "behavioral abuse", such as hypertension, diabetes can also be hereditary ...

And that one of the major factors, stress is often imposed (work, hierarchy ...) and in any case not so easily controllable when one has a psychological profile to doubt, to fear ...

Your "except", which seems to assume casually, that this is an exception is not!]

And these, then, what do we do? We make them sell the house if we condemn a system of "risk sharing" ???

Because I remind you, that is the debate here. I defend a mutualisation, as I wrote in my first post in 2011, "despite the fact that there are abuses" [the abuses of those who benefit from the social security system which can be both the drug industry that some doctors that some patients] ...

So be clear, we understand where you're coming from!
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 18/06/16, 18:43

Janic wrote:
should i pay the bill if i follow your reasoning?
No! I am also in favor of this pooling, but which is also a double-edged sword because it encourages us to ignore the causes of certain pathologies since the system is there to provide for them "for free" (in fact that everyone obviously pays). However, from experience, I know that as soon as the relationship between cause and effect is put forward, individuals are unwilling, including me, (with a few exceptions when the cloth is burning) to modify the habits that are the cause. .

Here.

This is exactly what I wrote! Despite abuses, risks of abuse, possibilities of abuse, I am in favor of mutualisation.

Small flat all the same: I know few people who like to go to the hospital! Really, very little (except those who work there!). And so I think the problem of poor hygiene is much more complex. It is in particular the question of "instilled habits", social behaviors, addictions ... There are those who say "when you want you can", and those who admit that men can be weak, psychologically complicated.

I wrote it elsewhere, when I was still working: I want to contribute a max without ever needing social security! Alas, my wish was not heard.

I add, so that my thinking is complete: pooling is an act of civilization (I understand that what happens to my neighbor is impossible to bear, for him; I share his pain, his costs; I lend a hand. ...), while individualization is an act of barbarism or at least savagery (in the jungle, everyone has only to defend themselves; the one who is not strong enough, not clever enough, becomes to eat; that's normal; too bad for him. This is what happens in animals ..). The tendency to question what we have in common - tendency to privatization too) is, for me, a sign of regression ...

And to be complete, I must therefore mention the fact that the only way out of this problem, in my opinion always, is ethics: that is to say behavior worthy and respectful of the whole system ... De even that we will not be able to eliminate tax fraud, it will be difficult to eliminate abuses! Without ethics.
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 28/06/16, 18:25

I am willing to support, but not help to multiply. This is a subject of controversy to itself;)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/07/16, 07:25

Overwhelmed by pressure, too sedentary and lacking in sleep, many young adults can not cope. Consequence: a real epidemic of mental disorders, according to WHO. A situation which calls for swift action.

David Gurion

http://www.cerveauetpsycho.fr/ewb_pages ... -37106.php
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 31/08/16, 19:50

Recently, the MEDEF Summer University on BFM-TV.

The boss of CISCO declared there:

- "80% of the companies that exist today will have disappeared in ten years [...]"
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/06/20, 23:28

What then become of our young people - whether they are heirs of immigration or not -, according to an unequal society, an adrift education and a world where only the cult of money is glorified and telemarketing success?

The harshness of the words, the lack of empathy. As the protest movement against police violence and racism intensifies, the executive no longer hides its fear of seeing a lasting wind of revolt rise among the youth. In his way, Emmanuel Macron understood that the divorce was complete. He somehow assumed it on Sunday evening. If the United States is not France, the George Floyd case serves as a vector for the ill-being of the youngest part of the population, for which everything stands out as a whole: discrimination, humiliation, xenophobia, precariousness , unemployment, lack of future prospects…

The affair is serious and could lead to a generational rupture of an unprecedented scale and threatening for the cohesion of society. Admittedly, we did not wait for Covid-19 to note this fracture, particularly towards the youth of working-class neighborhoods, struck by all the systemic injustices. But the effects of confinement, useful for protecting the elderly, has thrown the first generations into unprecedented fragility. Education, exams, diplomas, training, entry into employment: living conditions have worsened, making everyday life even more anxiety-provoking than usual ...

Mass unemployment of people under 30 (40% in so-called sensitive areas), impoverishment, destruction of public services: the crisis seems to be above ground, but poverty has roots so deep that they plow and crush entrails of neighborhoods, families, young people, our children, crushed under the rolling mill of a devastated health and economic landscape, victims of an era struck with the seal of derealization. The future of the Republic is largely played out in these working-class districts. If the dropout continues, the Republic itself will sink.

https://www.humanite.fr/editorial-jeune ... nee-690304
0 x