Eat meat, what impact on the planet?

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.

could you watch the video to the end?

You can select 1 option

Consult the results
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Eating meat, what impact on the planet?

by chatelot16 » 16/02/16, 22:31

the best meat to raise is the one that has enough surface to do it naturally! not everyone has enough space to raise cows ... chickens are easier!

when we do a natural breeding, the animals eat things that the man could not eat so it is ecologically efficient ... it is when we do an intensive breeding, that we do not let the animals eat what know how to do it naturally and that we fatten them with expensive crops that it becomes ecologically dubious
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/02/16, 22:36

Yes a question of space ... but also of resources: time and material !! It takes a lot more resources (including human time) to make 1 kg of cow than 1 kg of chicken!

That is why the chicken is perfect for making your own meat (after all, the ideal is of course to do without it 100%): anyone in a garden could have chickens ... and laying hens at the same time.

Finally I can speak: I don't have one (but I've been thinking about it for years ...)
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 16/02/16, 23:05

I don't have a hen either ... I often do mechanics with farmers who have free range hens ... it sucks everywhere ... I will only have hens when I make room for them defined

but finally I have doves that invade and shit everywhere too without asking for permission

I discover geese because I am asked to develop a incubator, and that by learning about the incubation of goose eggs I discover the rest of the life of geese
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 04/08/16, 08:14

http://www.vegetarisme.fr/incroyable-no ... es-annees/
Meat, previously considered a scarce commodity, is now consumed regularly by many Chinese. In 1982, the average Chinese man ate only 13 kg of meat per year, and beef was nicknamed "millionaire's meat" because of its rarity. Today we eat an average of 63 kg of meat per year, and we should consume 93 kg of it by 2030 if nothing is done against this trend. The new directives, on the contrary, would reduce this consumption from 14 to 27 kg per person per year.
China now accounts for 28% of total meat consumption worldwide, and 50% of pork consumption. That said, China remains behind more than a dozen other countries in its per capita meat consumption: the average American or Australian consumes twice as much meat as the average Chinese.
"Chinese meat consumption is skyrocketing," says Jeremy Haft, assistant professor at Georgetown University in Washington DC and author of Unmade in China: The Hidden Truth about China's Economic Miracle published in 2015 "In the future, Chinese demand for meat will continue to grow and support hundreds of thousands of people working in the US meat industry," he added. "Regarding the climate, methane will always be emitted, but it will be in the United States."

meat does not support only hundreds of thousands of people in this industry. It also supports a whole part of the medical profession, doctor, surgeons, dieticians, cures, etc ... therefore a large layer of the population too.
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 04/08/16, 19:32

duplicate deleted
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 05/08/16, 23:41

Janic wrote:duplicate deleted

transgenic clone virtual killed in the bud I presume? : Mrgreen:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 31/10/20, 12:54

New presentation of meat in a Leclerc:

ElmXQmMXgAAqJry.jpg
ElmXQmMXgAAqJry.jpg (122.49 KiB) Viewed 2678 times

ElmXNFCXEAMOa6E.jpg
ElmXNFCXEAMOa6E.jpg (77.08 KiB) Viewed 2678 times

ElmXVPXXIAcjILT.jpg
ElmXVPXXIAcjILT.jpg (95.18 KiB) Viewed 2678 times

The complete pheasant at 6 € is not expensive !! : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

For on this will sensitize some people on their food choices ...

0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 31/10/20, 13:59

not bad! how many people do not '(or do not want to know it) meat is a corpse above all and children, so sensitive to the death of animals, will refuse to consume this kind of product or the parents will not will take more to their shopping department corpses of animals of all kinds.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 31/10/20, 15:47

Yes it is possible but the practice will cause a scandal and will quickly be stopped!

And there is one question that bothers me: do you think they took the lead off? So the price includes the weight of the pellets? : Mrgreen:
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 31/10/20, 16:55

Special hunter empty-handed or unfaithful hunter, your choice : Mrgreen:

Raised at home Christophe seems to you https://lemediapourtous.fr/leclerc-cada ... barquette/

It would be a fake
0 x