The secret of the Laughing Cow? cheese storage at room temperature

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
Christophe

The secret of the Laughing Cow? cheese storage at room temperature

by Christophe » 08/06/16, 21:33

For years I wonder how some cheeses can be stored warm (= room temperature) for weeks without any health risk ... then launches jme even look a little stupid!

I think obviously the Laughing Cow and ersatz competitor who, following the signs, stored at room temperature or cool ... ...
There are also other molten cheese (trays) which are stored at room temperature in the same manner ...

By cons I do not think I saw Kiri stored the same way: they are always cool (probably because it's closest natural cheese product?)

If there is storage at room temperature, there is no health risk. How-is this possible for "cheese" (I put "" because in all cases it is said "melted" cheese)?

In short what is the secret of conservation of the Laughing Cow?

After that, it is true that any cheese can be stored at room temperature: it will simply be "made" more quickly ... the difference is that the laughing cow does not move a bit at room temperature!

Thank you for your indulgence : Cheesy:
0 x
Did67

Re: The Secret of the Laughing Cow? cheese storage at room temperature

by Did67 » 08/06/16, 21:59

1) It is even a product found in the bush in Africa, by 45 ° in the shade where there is no shade!

2) When we put the question to his favorite search engine, this is what he said:

The Laughing Cow ® can be stored without problems out cold moderate room temperature because this cheese is part of the family of processed cheeses whose production process involves an ultra-high temperature heat treatment immediately followed by a hot filling in the sealed final packaging, which seals.

And that's what the Laughing Cow site says!

Is Laughing Cow® must be refrigerated?

Yes. Laughing Cow® must be refrigerated between 0 4 ° C and ° C to preserve its freshness.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/06/16, 22:18

It is bad beginning: 2 already contradictory answers here :)

I understood that the "melted cheese" process greatly improved its conservation ... but all the same, if you say that even at 45 ° it can be kept ... well, that's not possible: it's more cheese !! (but hey that we already suspected a little before ...)

ps: now that I think I think I saw ersatz Kiri also at room temperature ...
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 08/06/16, 22:25

I think the fact that it is "melted" helps with preservation. It becomes a stable emulsion. There are probably also the famous "melting salts" (polyphosphates, I believe) ... in addition to the salt of the cheese (these are, at the base, failed counties - the grindstones which had "exploded" following unwanted fermentations having given "holes" that a good county does not have!).

And then in effect, being injected hot into packaging, which sterilizes the whole.

The ones I saw in Africa were often "oxidized", but edible! No exudate. And no contamination?

I think the contradiction is only apparent:

- It keeps, but without manufacturer warranty!

- the manufacturer will not take the risk of writing it on an official site: maximum umbrella = "keep cool" + DLUO; then, it was not the same "freshness", the same creamy ... So they are not going to recommend a "degradation" of their product ...

This is just my experience and witness my opinion!
0 x

Back to "Sustainable consumption: responsible consumption, diet tips and tricks"