Hyperloop the train of the future?

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Hyperloop the train of the future?

by moinsdewatt » 13/05/16, 20:31

Christophe wrote:Exact and what do the Japanese think? Because they are the only ones (I think) to have a magnetic train that rolls every day in the world ... although I think the Russians have one too ...

The Japanese MAGLEV:
The SCMaglev1, also known as JR-Maglev, is a magnetic levitation train developed from 1962 by Japan Rail. Its first commercial version is to connect Tokyo and Nagoya in 2027. If you consider that a train does not necessarily roll on rails, then we can say that it is the fastest train in the world, able to reach 603 km / h since April 2015.

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCMaglev
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/05/16, 22:19

Thank you but all this does not give us the figures on the energy or powers necessary ... of levitation and propulsion ... history of comparing the total to a train or even a classic airplane ...

Also the magnetic field of this technology must be immense, not sure that it is harmless for the passengers ... finally especially the employees ...
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 13/05/16, 22:49

Christophe wrote:Thank you but all this does not give us the figures on the energy or powers necessary ... of levitation and propulsion ... history of comparing the total to a train or even a classic airplane ...

Also the magnetic field of this technology must be immense, not sure that it is harmless for the passengers ... finally especially the employees ...

Below a comparison between ICE(german tgv) and the Transrapid(magnetic levitation train).
1 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/05/16, 12:04

So thank you magnetic levitation is more interesting visibly ... but it would be interesting to have the necessary% to the sustenance

On the other hand 22 Wh / km.passager it seems to me a very low value! An electric car consumes 150 at 250 Wh / km.passager is about 10 times more ... and never reaches 200 km / h ...

By converting this value into L / 100 km car equivalent (yield 0.3) we obtain: (2.2 kWh / 0.3) = 7.3 kWh "fuel" or 0.7 L / 100 km. Passenger at 200 km / h ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/05/16, 12:28

Well I took the 2 figures that had been found in the other subject: new-transport / transit-vacuum-the-key-of-transport-long-distance-t9963-60.html # p303215

a) 170 Traveler.km/Kep
et
b) 50 passenger.km/L (at 300km / h)

1 kep = 11.6 kWh
1 L = 10 kWh

We get in the same unit:
a) 70 Wh / km.passager
b) 200 Wh / km.passager

That's quite a difference with the 34 Wh / km.passager ...
The case a) remains in the same order of magnitude and it is the only one to specify a little the method: filling rate and primary energy ...
0 x
nrj974
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by nrj974 » 21/10/16, 10:37

Hyperloop? I am just asking myself a few very "basic" technical questions:

Can someone explain to me how:

1) Do you plan to make a hyperloop transport of> 10 Tons take the slightest "small" turn launched at 1200 km / h?
2) Can we compensate for the expansion of tubes hundreds of miles long?
3) Pass a propulsive magnetic field through metal tubes?
4) If "plastic" type tubes, how to compensate for expansion / temperature / diameter differences?
5) Realize seals holding such characteristics (diameter, Delta pressure, Delta T, ...)
6) Make an "economical" infrastructure Vs LGV given the mass of material necessary for the vacuum tubes (thickness> 30mm!)
7) Compensate for a (unavoidable) failure of levitation motors (wheels / pads holding at 1200 km / h?)
8) Compensate for variations in electrical production of PV panels? (hyper mega batteries powerful / polluting?)
9) Compensate ground level deviations (J / N dilation, hygrometry, rain, drought, lunar attraction, Delta T, Delta P, ...)
10) Compensate for misalignment (abutments, movement of ground, settlement, expansion of supports, wind, ...)
Etc. ..

PS: I have a little fun ... I'm just amazed at the enthusiasm for a project that is not based on any serious scientific foundation or in-depth study, proto, demonstrator, pilot, or ... !
0 x
nrj974
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by nrj974 » 21/10/16, 11:25

Sorry, I was a little fast for questions 3 and 4, the engines being integrated in the tube obviously.

On the other hand, the peak power being of 51 MW (still), how to dissipate the residual heat in the vacuum?
Etc. full of questions without answers ...
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 21/10/16, 12:04

nrj974 wrote:Hyperloop? I am just asking myself a few very "basic" technical questions:

Can someone explain to me how:

1) Do you plan to make a hyperloop transport of> 10 Tons take the slightest "small" turn launched at 1200 km / h?

The principle will be simple: no cornering, the straight line as for the TGV, and as for the last one, if there is a bend then there will be a drop in speed as does any type of vehicle facing this kind of situation.

2) Can we compensate for the expansion of tubes hundreds of miles long?

The current oil and gas pipelines, which are several hundreds to thousands of kilometers long, are relatively watertight, it is a well-controlled technology, in the case of hyperloop, since it is impossible to install a zigzag path (as is the case with pipelines). not buried in fault areas) there will certainly be bellows or shock absorber systems.

I'm just amazed at the craze on a project with no sound scientific basis no thorough study, no proto, no demonstrator, no pilot, no, no ...

hyperloops it's new with old, the project dates back to the 70 years.
There is an earlier project on Swissmetro.
Could you explain no serious scientific basis?? :frown:
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 21/07/18, 20:42

Hyperloop, the shallot race reaches China

The company HTT announced to have signed a contract in China for the construction of a line of 10 kilometers. But the Chinese have already announced a running 1 500 km / h test from 2021.

While China has embarked on a reduction in its infrastructure spending to reduce its debt, two projects have been announced in recent weeks. The last of them comes from the American company Hyperloop Transportation Technologies (HTT) which "announces the signing of a commercial agreement in the People's Republic of China. The agreement was signed by both HyperloopTT and the Chinese group Tongren Transportation. & Tourism Investment. This agreement represents the first Hyperloop project launch in China. For HyperloopTT, this agreement is the twelfth development project carried out and the third for a commercial line after those signed this year with Abu Dhabi and Ukraine. "

Indeed, HTT is building a commercial line of 10 km in Abu Dhabi and hopes to open the first segment in 2020. It also seduced the elected officials of Occitanie to be able to install in Toulouse-Francazal (Haute-Garonne) its research and development center, as well as a test track. Dirk Ahlborn, CEO of HTT, already sees Hyperloop play a vital role on the Silk Road.

No information on the route and the date of commissioning

Problem, this new project seems very vague. We do not know anything about the route of this future line, nor its date of marketing. And what can actually be said about commercial lines of 10 km, while this mode of transport consisting of pressurized capsules circulating in a vacuum tube is supposed to advance at a speed of 1 000 to 1 200 km / h. Admittedly, no one has driven yet at 400 km / h, but what can such a short line be used for? Today, there are comfortable, fast and safe means of transport for this type of need.

China versus United States

In any case, this announcement came a few weeks after the publication of China's Science and Technology Daily, 20, last June, which indicated that the southwest Jiatong University in Chengdu, Sichuan, was developing a platform. train test that will allow trains to run at 1 500 km / h.

It was also indicated that the tests would begin in April 2021, a very precise date unlike the Hyperloop project initiated several years ago by Elon Musk, the billionaire at the head of Tesla. In this article, a professor at Shanghai Tongji University, Sun Zhang, reflects the Chinese desire to beat its American rival in the race for speed. Mr. Musk downplayed the importance of the Chinese high-speed train by presenting a concept of a super-fast line that can reach speeds of 1 km / h…. China has now responded to this call by announcing a line capable of reach 200 km / h. " Or how to transport the China-United States trade war to the railroad ...

https://www.usinenouvelle.com/article/hyperloop-la-course-a-l-echalote-atteint-la-chine.N722589
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 24/07/18, 23:22

Records broken at the annual Hyperloop competition at Space X headquarters in California:

https://www.letemps.ch/sciences/record- ... rain-futur

https://www.futura-sciences.com/tech/ac ... ord-66167/

https://trustmyscience.com/hyperloop-re ... allemands/

Just a note: these are models on wheels and there is no one on board.

But it is a great progress compared to the famous Swissmetro which has never worked in a digital model. : Cheesy:
0 x

Back to "New transport: innovations, engines, pollution, technologies, policies, organization ..."