The Great Green Wall against the advance of the Sahara

Warming and Climate Change: causes, consequences, analysis ... Debate on CO2 and other greenhouse gas.
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: The Great Green Wall against the advance of the Sahara

by Ahmed » 22/04/16, 12:03

Everything to go to the grind for heating seems sad to me ...

I am of your opinion and what I wanted to emphasize is that the current enthusiastic policies of biomass power plants lead us straight to this absurdity.

As for the irrigation of the forests in summer, it seems to me to remain a vision of the mind, considering the cost compared to the potential gain of production ...
The construction of buildings in the forest would have the effect of either spreading concrete unnecessarily * for buildings of mediocre utility and quickly abandoned, or on the contrary to initiate a vast land acquisition of a cheap soil that would quickly because of primitive stands.

* In addition to buildings, consideration must be given to access roads and related amenities ...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 22/04/16, 13:13

I need building precisely to value wood of all kinds and I can not find anything at reasonable price

I see farmers who cut the hedge and make a pile in the field to set it on fire ... I go with a tractor and a grinder to make fuel that will be more useful than burning stupidly ... but I lack of space to store sort and sell

when I see cutting wood only for firewood without valuing good logs it is because of the lack of local sawmill, and the price of transport to the big sawmill ... I would like to build something

I do not want to concretize the forest, I want to build in an intelligent way ... irrigate the forest would be too expensive but to occupy half of the surface with useful buildings is not a cost if the buildings are useful and it doubles the water available for the trees that we want to privilege. not only does it double the available water but it allows to store some of it so that it is available when it is necessary, and not to waste it when it rains ... at home it is limestone with the water table 100m underneath, when it rains a lot all the water is lost ... on my small plot of 2000m2 rainwater storage serves me at all, more water adduction since 20ans ... trees grow visibly better around my wastewater drains

I'm really talking about a project for the future ... it's stupid to continue to make cities without trees and forests without buildings! by mixing the 2 we can do better

we made concrete plants when we had to concentrate in the city on small surface ... my idea of ​​building in the woods is rather to make large surface with light medium, easily demountable to adapt to the use and at tree height
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 22/04/16, 13:58

Oh cow: it's crazy where Senegal leads us!
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 23/04/16, 09:57

I do not understand, Chatelotthat from very special considerations, as respectable as they are, you can derive from the generalistic silvicultural precepts as unfounded ... : roll:
I think that your combinatorial passion that often gives rise to fruitful ideas finds its limits here ...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 23/04/16, 22:40

I do not give general precepts ... I only tell what I do!

there are around me farmers who ratibois the hedge to make heaps and put the fire ... there are others who make the cut of forest

if I do not do anything it's going to go to smoke ... I do not have enough space at my place to store the wood that can be recovered ... so I'm trying to find a solution to use some of the clear-cut areas for store the wood that I grind to prevent it from burning in piles ... what I do is only a small amount of DIY, but it allows me to realize realistically what should be done in bigger

I do not know how to get out of the trap of this off topic ... what is in the subject is that well-ordered charity begins with oneself ... it is useless to try to teach African lessons if we do not succeed do well at home ... so I try to do well around my home
0 x

Back to "Climate Change: CO2, warming, greenhouse effect ..."