My hydraulic mill 400 houses?

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: mill

by Forhorse » 29/01/16, 12:53

milou wrote:hello yes good the teeth of the fork its a little too wide but I have two arms of rivers which feeds the mill a arm of rivers of 4 m wide which passes in the mill for the waterfall, and at 30 meters upstream another river 6 wide, which can feed for a higher flow the other arm of the river which feeds the fall a (condition to repeat winnowing) and for alls tell you that summer and winter I have a constant flow of water at my mill I am in a marshy region I do not lack water even at the height of droughts. (twice water police (ddh) agents came to take photos and record flows of water and photos good to see later.

Already it is not the width of the river that counts, but its flow.
Then, and you must know it since agents came to your home, even if you have a water right you have no right to take the entire flow for your mill.
With a "standard" mill (say a wheel 1m wide and 5m in diameter) if you can support the consumption of 4 houses whatever the period and 365 days a year that would be good.
I think you do not realize the poor performance that has a paddle wheel ... (which must still be subtracted from that of the generator)
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 29/01/16, 13:13

I did not study more than that the video ... But the type in question (I am not sure but I believe that he is or was a member of this forum) put this mill back into service and today injects electricity back into the EDF network ... He invested at least a decade of his life to get there and a nice bundle of cash ...

And indeed there is an error in the calculations .... 30KWx24h = 720Kwh x 365 days per year gives us 262800 KWh x90% = 236520 Kwh annual (and not 22000 as marked on the video) or taking the Kwh at 0.11 € € 26017 of energy value produced ...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
hic
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Re: My hydraulic mill for 400 houses?

by hic » 29/01/16, 13:34

Hi snowy

The permanent power of your standstill mill is equivalent to the average flow rate of its outlet.
0 x
"Let food be thy medicine and thy medicine be thy food" Hippocrates
"Everything has a price has no value" Nietzche
Torture for Dummies
Forbid to express the idea that the field is acceleration (magnetic and gravitational)
And you get your patent mental torture option executioner successfully
Remundo

by Remundo » 29/01/16, 22:55

milou wrote:Hello to you ! I am new here, I signed up on this to have possible answers on renewable energy and where we are currently in France on this point. whether these blah blah or not! because we are talking about making electricity with clean energies !!! and the water mill which is legion in France and which requires that to crack down on its next, we talk about it very can or not enough, I tell you its because I myself own a mill and which can with its flow of water flowing continuously supply at least a town of 400 see more homes. So to whom to turn to be able to assert this energy potential. thank you

It is totally true.

Small hydraulics are completely neglected.
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 30/01/16, 13:28

It's true, so true that it is overlooked by the vast majority of mill owners themselves.
How many mills can we see whose wheel is not maintained, and not even in operation ... when it simply does not fall into disrepair.
Quite a few (rather affluent) people buy a mill for "style" and don't give a damn about its energy potential.
Yet without great skill and without any particular complication, it is already so simple to be able to heat your home thanks to the power of the wheel.
0 x
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by moinsdewatt » 30/01/16, 13:49

milou wrote: .... I myself own a mill and can with its flow of water flowing continuously supply at least one town of 400 or more homes ....

What factual elements allow you to reach this conclusion?

Or is this completely pifometric even the on dit from the village?
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 30/01/16, 14:40

I do not know,

based on 400 W on average per house, 400 houses represent 160 W

it's not impossible, but it depends of course on the turbinable flow and the fall ...
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 01/02/16, 11:08

Remundo wrote:based on 400 W on average per house, 400 houses represent 160 W

it's not impossible, but it depends of course on the turbinable flow and the fall ...
By counting a height of 10 meters (beyond, it is no longer really a mill, but a turbine with a pipe), that would give a flow of 1600 kg or 1,6 m3 per second (to increase the conversion efficiency) .

By being less optimistic, with a fall of 5 meters and a yield of 50%, we arrive at a flow of 6,4 m3 / sec ...

It seems a lot ...
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 01/02/16, 11:23

Forhorse wrote:It's true, so true that it is overlooked by the vast majority of mill owners themselves.
How many mills can we see whose wheel is not maintained, and not even in operation ... when it simply does not fall into disrepair.
Quite a few (rather affluent) people buy a mill for "style" and don't give a damn about its energy potential.
Yet without great skill and without any particular complication, it is already so simple to be able to heat your home thanks to the power of the wheel.

I almost broke my piggy bank for a (old flour mill) .... But I would not have had the least € to rehabilitate the turbine and manage to fit out my home in it ... But the owners did not want to sell the mill proper separate from the rest of the outrageously luxurious property complex ... It made me a little hole of 100 € to achieve my goals ... then we should have seen for the water rights which must have been lost in the administration meandres ... Since the time the factory was shut down ...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 01/02/16, 13:13

Gaston wrote:
Remundo wrote:based on 400 W on average per house, 400 houses represent 160 W

By counting a height of 10 meters (beyond, it is no longer really a mill, but a turbine with a pipe), that would give a flow of 1600 kg or 1,6 m3 per second (to increase the conversion efficiency) .

By being less optimistic, with a fall of 5 meters and a yield of 50%, we arrive at a flow of 6,4 m3 / sec ...

It seems a lot ...

The efficiency of a very good wheel barely exceeds 30% (for the most advanced versions and with a particularly careful construction)
If you want better you have to go on a turbine.
0 x