Reviews of geothermal heated floors

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
lilian07
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by lilian07 » 17/12/15, 10:35

Hello,
For your floor heating, yes it is a very good system when it is water. It allows to evolve at low temperature and therefore to access all the heating products. The best coupling being with clean energies like thermal solar.

Small point on the technique of the floor:
It is relatively long to implement but within the reach of all do-it-yourselfers, moreover the work is not a physical work, it is rather pleasant because inside and without load to handle.
No height, not a lot of tools or a rather nice DIY.
Now for the material, the insulation being PSE and the pipes of PER 16mm BAO to avoid the accumulation of mud in the long term.
For the calculations and realization of loop I advise:
http://herve.silve.pagesperso-orange.fr/

The mortar :

I consider that the anhydrite screed is not necessary.
Liquid concrete is much cheaper, more solid and has more inertia (this is the controversial point but in self-construction this controversy disappears because it is concrete)
The controversy is as old as the world: between promoting inertia or not.

I consider that the price difference is without context to the advantage of concrete and then with concrete we evolve much more easily towards clean energies by definition intermittent So the accumulation capacity of concrete becomes an asset.

The inertia is calculated, but for 5 to 6 cm thick, this inertia is manageable without problem.

I have an anhydrite and concrete floor in the same building, I do not measure the difference.
Finally, I add that it is useless to put heated floors in the bedrooms (return on investment less good).

Ground collection:
With hindsight I consider that it is simpler to make a trench and put the PE on 3 layers. -60cm, -120 cm, -180 we act on a larger amount of soil which has time to regenerate between 2 summers.
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 23/12/15, 07:59

Just ask Professor Hansjürg Leibundgut which of the two he used (IMHO a bentonite-based grout) and you would know.

We always come back to the same point, it is better to lean towards the best technical choices in each of the fields, to see that it is the solutions which impose themselves and not we who decide: with one exception: a possible barely favorable performance / cost ratio, but only when the price difference is significant compared to a minimal gain difference.

Because it must be understood that any of the expenses must be seen through amortization over decades (and therefore to calculate the gains / losses over a really long period, to see what is justified or not. .)
0 x
lilian07
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by lilian07 » 23/12/15, 12:50

Obamot I answer the initial question of Cranut89, bentonite is off topic in this post. You certainly have great skills in construction but they are not used for much outside! Unless you find its use in vertical drilling, but this is not the case here, because drilling for individuals is not really profitable at the moment ...
No need to put it in all sauces, culture is like jam ..... etc ....
And no, for this type of installation sometimes there are several choices, and several schools which compete and this is normal ... because it is necessary to evolve with too many variables .... interior configuration, exterior configuration, medium financial, main housing, secondary ... rental ..... and a whole bunch that I forget.
I have the impression that forum is a stress reliever or am I wrong?
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 23/12/15, 17:17

This is where, like chyderm steps, you are greatly mistaken ...

I'm all in there right now >>> other variant >>>

Obviously, my goal is to test the ground to store in the ground, but I am careful ...!

lilian07 wrote:I have the impression that forum is a stress reliever or am I wrong?

There are some who are not bad either to throw fuel on the fire, it is not my case, I rather boot the ass to brats ^^ Image there I have to go, I still have an RV site, not like those who take it easy by telling it by making copied / pasted Wikipedia! Image
0 x
lilian07
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by lilian07 » 24/12/15, 19:09

It is an excellent system because it makes the sensor and the system simpler and more rustic ... indeed with air it is necessary to increase the conductivity of the materials, and we find bentonite ... the weakness we all know ... to fully enjoy it must be able to store ... the concrete slab becomes an asset ... but earth storage can also be a response to the exploitation of the huge. summer surplus if there is a feasible method at the residence level ... nice project in any case ... business to follow ... Merry Christmas ...
Ps: For my part, I am not a follower of wiki and am not yet a rentier ...
0 x