HAM: water injection MAN-NOx in marine engines

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
Christophe

HAM: water injection MAN-NOx in marine engines

by Christophe » 06/10/15, 12:20

MAN http://marine.man.eu/ has developed several years ago (before 2013) injection of water to clean NOx its (large) industrial engines!

This is the technology HAM (Humid Air Motor) and it is a leap forward for the technology and all the defenders of the water injection (and I think that is quite numerous here)

To start with, 2 extracts from this .pdf, conference by Marcos PAGOTO, Senior Engineer, R&D Engineering Medium Speed, MAN Diesel & Turbo: https://www.econologie.com/fichiers/par ... t0rQOG.pdf (Source CNAM: http://turbo-moteurs.cnam.fr/publicatio ... 3_2013.pdf )

Schematic diagram, using seawater, certainly desalinated by a first evaporation in the "recuperator" (hey, the humidifier and the heater don't remind you of anything?)

Results on clearance NOx (there are for sure also a nice cleanup on unburned also):

This work should certainly nail the beaks of many critics of the injection of water (if it worked we would know ... blah blah blah) ... especially as this are not functional prototype but many industrial assemblies (industrial demonstrator at least).

This is a great advanced for the injection of water!

Now find patents for more technical details!
Last edited by Christophe the 06 / 10 / 15, 16: 27, 2 edited once.
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 06/10/15, 12:30

Indeed, people serious know that water injection has virtues :D

the major manufacturers are beginning to put it (BMW, MAN ...)

maybe even one day, it will replace "Adblue" and other exotic pot "catalysts" (cerina ...).

well ofhybridize powertrains.

it took in time!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/10/15, 12:36

Yes! A great step forward!

Remundo wrote:maybe even one day, it will replace "Adblue" and other exotic pot "catalysts" (cerina ...).

Yes ... and one does not preclude the other (except the installation price ...) I am preparing another subject extracted from these comparative work on the anti-Nox technologies precisely! EGR including ...

HAM is strangely (other desalination I do not see what justifies this cost ... yet): 4 times more expensive to install than the SCR ... but much cheaper to use!
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: HAM: MAN water anti-NOx injection in marine engines

by izentrop » 23/01/18, 15:32

Christophe wrote:HAM is strangely (other desalination I do not see what justifies this cost ... yet): 4 times more expensive to install than the SCR ... but much cheaper to use!
There is also a difference in% of nox eliminated.
Do we know if this project has taken action?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 23/01/18, 15:53

I think so since it has already been mounted on a ship ...

Make an audit on the MAN site or in specialized sites (engine, marine ...)
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 23/01/18, 17:19

Christophe wrote:MAN http://marine.man.eu/ has developed several years ago (before 2013) injection of water to clean NOx its (large) industrial engines!

It's Humid Air Motor (HAM) technology and it's a leap forward for this technology

To my knowledge, the HAM process was developed in the late 90 / early 2000 years by SEMT Pielstick, a French engine manufacturer, who was later bought by MAN.
1 x

Back to "Special motors, patents, fuel consumption reduction"