Emmanuel Giboulot: court for non pollution with the pesticide!

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 25/02/14, 15:46

Hello Citro
Without being an "inveterate drinker", wine is (was) part of our culture (I am the grandson of a winegrower), and even if I am not a regular drinker, I found it quite normal to accompany a good dish of a little wine, when I entertain at home or during festive meals.

Indeed, certain products consumed regularly by our companies are part of the culture which is transmitted in a consistent manner from generation to generation. Wine is not the only cause, (generally alcohol), cigarettes or cigars (for the wealthy) are also part of it, or coffee, the jug, etc.
It is only very recently that their toxicity has been recognized, but this is not to say that a brutal change can take place (it is only to look at anti tobacco campaigns and their relative effectiveness.) which works best remains the significant increase, or even the excess of their price, which is dissuasive for part of the youth with low means and the middle strata. But behind it, there is a whole industry which lives (sometimes very well) of the diffusion of these drugs and that concerns a lot of producers and consumers… and therefore potential voters.
0 x
cortejuan
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by cortejuan » 26/02/14, 09:34

Hello,

the Giboulot case is emblematic and the decisions will undoubtedly be jurisprudence, so it is really to be followed with attention.

Basically, it is enough for an agricultural activity to be recognized as significant in a region for it to impose a form of protection for all small producers and even amateurs in the area. When we know that we are very large consumers of pesticides, we may be afraid that tomorrow, our orchards, our vines and our vegetable gardens will be subject to the rules of large local producers.

As for pyrethrin, whether natural or synthetic, it remains a non-selective neurotoxic insecticide therefore zigouillant all insects in the area, so the organic argument does not hold water.

I am always impressed when I compare my trellises and the local vines (I am in a vineyard region). My vines are still slightly sick (mildew among others) while the vines of the local producer are still nickel. Where is the difference ? I deal a little with copper and sulfur while the local guy probably deals with all the latest vacheries available on the market ...

Pinard is a taboo with us so we do not criticize the cultivation methods but if we just think of copper as a curative means, since the appearance of late blight at the end of the 19th century we poured tons of copper into our vineyards; however copper is anything but an innocuous product it is a real poison in uncontrolled doses.

To conclude, I bought new vine plants insensitive to mildew (and it works) the producer is from Alsace and sells in Germany which would have prohibited the use of copper in vineyards. So there are solutions (at least in table grapes).

cordially
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 07/04/14, 20:50

Verdict ... merciful ...

Monday April 7 - 13: 51

A Burgundian winegrower fined 500 euros for refusing to treat his vines

0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 08/04/14, 07:58

it may be the event that will force the state (and the European community) to position itself clearly on what the requirements of organic are.
Incidentally, he has just released a book on wine which benefits from separate legislation which does not impose a maximum threshold of residual phytosanitary products in the wine. So: "one and it's already hello the damage"!
0 x
delnoram

by delnoram » 05/12/14, 18:43

0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"
"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 05/12/14, 19:41

Janic wrote:Incidentally, he has just released a book on wine which benefits from separate legislation which does not impose a maximum threshold of residual phytosanitary products in the wine. So: "one and it's already hello the damage"!
What to choose had a few years ago analyzed grapes and wines and noted the levels of substances which exceeded by more than 3000 times the maximums authorized in drinking water. : Shock:

I almost stopped consuming wine, me a little winemaker's son ...
Whenever I drank it made me sick when I was very scrupulous about the amount because of the driving alcohol ...

In the end, it's much easier not to drink and I'm no longer sick.
On the other hand, I now drink beer with some pleasure. for example, we like to share a white beer for 2 with madam on Friday evening.
And then beer is good for our intestinal flora in addition to being pleasant on the palate.

It changes me from the donkey piss that I knew in my youth that my entourage bought in a 1 liter bottle with screw cap. I understand today why I didn't like beer ...

Regarding wine, I prefer "organic wines" that I seem to tolerate better, but they are rare and they are not all exempt from treatment ... Regarding wine, organic legislation seems less restrictive.
0 x
delnoram

by delnoram » 08/05/15, 10:25

In a department which prohibits the use of phytosanitary products in ditches weedkiller insecticides ect ... (including weedkillers which in my eyes have nothing phytosanitary). see: http://www.saone-et-loire.gouv.fr/rappe ... a7302.html

Isn't it strange to read the following?
http://www.bastamag.net/Un-deuxieme-vig ... de-polluer
0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"

"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)
antoinet111
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by antoinet111 » 08/05/15, 15:00

delnoram wrote:In a department which prohibits the use of phytosanitary products in ditches weedkiller insecticides ect ... (including weedkillers which in my eyes have nothing phytosanitary). see: http://www.saone-et-loire.gouv.fr/rappe ... a7302.html

Isn't it strange to read the following?
http://www.bastamag.net/Un-deuxieme-vig ... de-polluer

you confuse the two, first, the ban on weeding ditches is national, it is an ecological measure to preserve aquatic environments.

And the DEBILES who do not want to treat against an invasive disease do nothing but risk the propagation of this one and therefore the loss of the plant in the region, asks the question to the Corsicans considering the quantity of disease and emerging parasite which they have .

the article is a dung.
0 x
I vote for the writing of concrete post and practicality.
Down the talkers and ceiling fans!