The ECB cowardly dogs: printing money in action!

Current Economy and Sustainable Development-compatible? GDP growth (at all costs), economic development, inflation ... How concillier the current economy with the environment and sustainable development.
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 28/01/15, 12:48

What I wanted to say is that if the new government shows signs of a real desire for change, popular support will be there.

However, the assertion of a completely theoretical radicality should not make us forget that if Syriza does not find it difficult to be on the far left in relation to the French PS : Cheesy: , there is nothing to confirm that just reforms will resolve the situation of the Greeks.

After the enthusiasm of the beginnings, the disappointment may well arise from the expediency of new elected officials who knowingly play with fire.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Did67

by Did67 » 28/01/15, 14:01

For my part, I do not situate myself in a "revolutionary" perspective, but I take the system as it is.

And so far, Syriza too.

And so I tell myself that creating civil servant posts, even if they subsequently create demand, and therefore economic activity, will increase public spending in a state that does not have enough to pay for it. And who will request a budgetary extension from his creditors in March ...

Who borrows at 9% (where other countries, including France, are below 1%).

It is something other than the austerity chosen = everyone agrees to pay taxes, in proportion to their income, to pay for the posts essential to the community (health, education, police, etc.).

Will this be the case ???

I'm going to stop playing the bad omen birds and wait patiently to see. Suicidal flight forward? Austerity chosen with economic restart? The future will provide the answer.

Let us agree: I would like Greece to succeed. For her. For us too.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 31/01/15, 22:13

Yes, syriza "takes the system as it is"; It is therefore for him to juggle between his contradictions: to defend, or at least to give appearances, the Greek people and "to come to terms" with the troika on the reimbursement procedures ...
A very acrobatic number that may not be an illusion for long.
To make people believe that capitalism can be overcome by clever reforms is an exercise in classic style, but just as doomed to failure as revolutionary forms. At most can we hope (?) That this experience will amplify the new forms of organization, unless the false hopes aroused lead to unfortunate renunciations?
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."