Bathing Pond recycling lagoon

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 03/08/06, 15:34

The inexpensive swimming pool : Cheesy: :
Well it's still plastic ... so I looked better and I found the 2-seat mixed version in addition:
In addition it is good old galvanized metal!
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 03/08/06, 16:29

What I mean is that the designers "sell" the natural side (that's in tune with the times ... : roll:) while there are filters, hoses and pumps (we even talk about swimming pool equipment ...), and we see UV sterilizers, a liner, etc ...

A real natural pond is not that at all!

A real natural pond, in the plain region, it is an ecosystem where the water is not clear at all, where there is mud at the bottom, which stinks when it is stirred, where there are algae , full of insects not always very nice, plants that sometimes are a bit invasive, etc ...

This is why this concept is a little smoky for me ... It is powder in the eyes, with a side "nature and small animals" which is in my opinion only commercial.

I don't really like this kind of mental manipulation. :?
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 03/08/06, 16:41

On the smoky business arguments, I agree with you, Bucheron. Now, I think that, even if it means building a swimming pool, this type of swimming pool, from the moment we do things well (not just green eye powder with a plethora of pumps, UV filters and other eaters of electricity), must have a lower environmental impact than an option "chlorine galore", concrete, and electric heating.

On the other hand, it is true that for this type of swimming pool to be truly econological, I think that one cannot really pass without a little mud, algae or even insects. The principle being above all to limit the "standing water" side and to use means NATURAL to filter water as little as possible.

The geo-finders who try to pretend that you can get perfectly clear and limpid water without any deposit at the bottom just with some plants and a poor pump leave me furiously skeptical (and not septic : Mrgreen: ) not to say suspicious.
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding

Back to "Sustainable consumption: responsible consumption, diet tips and tricks"