Limitation 70 km / h on the device

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 19/01/15, 19:30

It has been a year since this speed limit measure at 70kmh is in place.
The results are in line with what I said then:
- Accidents down by 15%
- Travel time down by 5% and 15% in the morning and evening

No measure of pollution reduction is currently available.
However, I think that consumption and pollution have benefited from this measure. In fact the reduced travel times illustrate that the violent accelerations and the brakes that followed generated the traffic jams by creating an accordion circulation.
This circulation is extremely polluting and energy intensive in addition to being stressful and accidentogenic.

There is still a lot of pedagogy to pass since the motorists had a lot of trouble to submit to this new limitation which increased 15% the speeding tickets. : Mrgreen:
0 x
SixK
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by SixK » 20/01/15, 00:44

Or, it's just that there are fewer people on the road ...
No more jobs, no more money, no more cars! :)
And maybe more people use parallel roads.

What about the number of vehicles over the period? (and again, it should probably look hour by hour)

Good if not here again as if by chance, the pollution vignette ...
Must say that by putting pollution alerts on days when it is windy and raining, it's been more than 2 months that I told myself they were preparing a new trick to piss off the world! :)

SixK
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 20/01/15, 08:28

They did not mention a traffic modification due to the speed limit.

Personally, I do not believe it. Motorists will not stop driving because the speed limit has been lowered. Image
Motorists take an alternative route in case of plugging or excessive lengthening of travel time, which is not the case here.
On the contrary, motorists can only welcome this limitation measure which has reduced their travel time, their stress and the risk of accidents.
: Mrgreen:

When the rise of pollution on days of wind and rain, it is probably attributable, for the transport part, to bikers, cyclists and pedestrians who these days take their car ... :|
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 20/01/15, 13:47

Is that so ? In windy and rainy weather ???

With us, it is in calm cold weather, with a "cap" of stagnant pollution ... All this is swept away (at the neighbor) and diluted (turbulence of the atmosphere) when it is windy or tackled. soil (particles) when it rains ...

Never seen an "air pollution" alert in windy and rainy weather ...
0 x
SixK
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Re: Limitation to 70 km / h on the device

by SixK » 23/05/18, 11:36

In the end, the experiment of periph at 70 Km / ha Rennes gave a more than mixed result.

As a reminder, the Rennais periphery was 110Km / h on the east half and 90 Km / h on the other half.
The experiment passed half of the Peripheral at 90Km / h and 70Km / h on the other half.

The city after 2 years of experimentation decided to go all the way to 90 Km / h.

Already supposedly, pollution records would not have worked for at least the first 6 months of experimentation!
Maneuver to avoid publishing the results or amateurism?

The trucks began to double the cars.
The cars were sticking more to each other making it difficult to insert on the periphery.
As far as accidentology is concerned, I am not sure that there has been a decline. (I do not know if anything has been published on this point) Probably more trucks involved.
There were those who respected the new limitations and those who rolled as before, so it was pretty messy.

Regarding pollution, well ... we are in Brittany, the city is regularly swept by the wind and rain at the whim of depressions, so how to compare when the records depend as much on weather conditions? Basically, Rennes is polluted like big cities when there is no wind in winters. Which at best happens 10 times in the year.
And when we look at pollution maps these days, we see that the Channel (the sea, not the department) is just as polluted (big red cloud on the maps, some say that it is the fault of the boats that navigate too fast)...

And now ?

All the periphery is at 90Km / h, from my point of view, it does not pollute much more than 90Km / h instead of 70Km / h, the speed wind friction actually starting to be felt around 90Km / h. (ride on a motorcycle to convince yourself) And finally, on the ring, we are always at the front of the vehicle.
If people drive a little under 90Km / h, trucks tend to always want to double.
Some always roll as before (the limitations are for others).
The traffic jams are still in the same places, since they are mostly westbound by the Lorient road, limited to 50Km / h in an industrial zone and ending with a magnificent fire radar;)
Less pollution in Rennes? Let's start by making a real road to escape from this city by the west;)

SixK
2 x
Optimists invented airplanes, parachutes pessimistic. George Bernard Shaw.
Thought personal, I understand better why the big bosses invented the golden parachute.

Back to "Media & News: TV shows, reports, books, news ..."