A new form of planned obsolescence? ...

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

A new form of planned obsolescence? ...

by Grelinette » 25/12/14, 13:40

Admittedly, I'm getting a little paranoid ... but I still smell a new version of planned obsolescence! (not that new after all because some messages on the net concerning this subject date back before 2010!).

I have just changed my phone operator and just received my new sim card. I insert it in my phone (motorola defy +), and, ... message on the screen: "Change of sim card, please connect to your MOTOBLUR account to reactivate your phone". : Shock: : Shock: : Shock: : Shock:

Never mind, I keep all the documents of my equipment, and I actually find username and password of the MOTOBLUR service that I informed at the start of my contract 2 years ago. (MOTOBLUR being a security service in case of loss or theft of the phone, to block the phone remotely and, icing on the cake, to geolocate remotely with a computer and internet).

... and there it is the start of a journey into nothingness, absurdity and hysterics: incorrect username and / or password messages, internal error messages from the connection site, procedures which switch from one input screen to another to return to the first one, etc., etc., ... Certain inputs display a confirmation message "Your request has been taken into account ...", with email from confirmation which leaves a hope of arriving somehow at the end of his sentences, and then return to an error message! ...

Even if you want to recreate a new account, you get the message: "This account already exists with this phone, please log in" ...

A search for a solution on the internet unfortunately announces that I am far from alone in the face of this scrambling strategy and that the MOTOBLUR service is as talkative as a brainless goldfish to answer users' questions and sos!

My most logical conclusion is therefore that this nickname "Security Service" is used to force users to change phones at the slightest change of tel contract. !

The height of cynicism is programmed obsolescence activated by the user himself, without his knowledge!
(there are software on the net to deactivate this trap software).

Even after a complete reset of the manufacturer parameters of the phone, the MOTOBLUR remains encysted, like a cancer, and redirects to the same headache procedures.

Not wanting to throw my phone into the recycling center or bring it back to the seller without knowing if all the personal data is actually erased (*), I just have to flatten it with a mass, throw it into the fire or to the sea hoping that a whale will swallow it to be sure that my private life is not recovered by a marketing shark!

Long live recycling.

Happy New Year's to all.

(*) I advise you to be very careful with your old sim cards and old tel. : at the opening of my line, 2 years ago, the sim card of my brand new tel crashed after 15 days.
I took the phone to a specialized computer store to try to retrieve some personal data, and when I got my phone back, the seller was proud to tell me: "We were able to recover everything from the caches! ... ". Indeed, phone number, sms, photos, videos, and other personal data were recovered, ... in addition to those of a previous user of, it seems, the same sim card !!!!
0 x
Project of the horse-drawn-hybrid - The project econology
"The search for progress does not exclude the love of tradition"