The hidden face of oil on Arte (Wednesday of History)

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/08/10, 10:47

A re-reading of the events of the XNUMXth century in the light of petroleum issues. A fascinating investigation nourished by archives and interviews with the direct actors of history.

From Rockefeller's first drilling in 1860 to the recent war in Iraq, oil has been the real engine of the tragic history of the XNUMXth century.

Wednesday, September 1, 2010 at 20:35 PM

repeats:
07.09.2010 to 10: 25
The hidden side of oil
(France, 2009, 51mn)
ARTE F
Director: Patrick Barbéris

1. Sharing the world
From its beginnings, the oil industry is marked by the rivalry between the American Rockefeller and the Nobel brothers, installed in Baku, in the Caspian Sea. The First World War was won in large part thanks to the oil supplied to the allied forces by the Standard Oil of New Jersey, belonging to John D. Rockefeller. Deliveries suspended in 1916, when the American tycoon learned of the sharing of the Middle East (which he coveted underground) between the British and the French. From 1928, seventeen years before Yalta, the leaders of the oil companies shared the world at the end of an agreement, the terms of which would remain hidden until 1952 ...

2. The big manipulations
The second episode dissects what has been carefully concealed from public opinion. Direct witnesses explain in particular how the oil shock of 1973 was only a gigantic manipulation orchestrated by the oil companies who wished, by favoring the rise in the price of the barrel, to generate important profits to encourage their investments in the North Sea and Alaska. For the first time, the man at the heart of this strategy, Roger Robinson, explains how the Reagan administration used the weapon of Saudi oil to bring down world prices and cause the collapse of the Soviet Union ...

From Rockefeller's first drilling in 1860 to the recent war in Iraq, oil has been the real engine of the tragic history of the XNUMXth century. Vital, strategic raw material, it has been at the heart of all political calculations. So much so that the world of petroleum has always been dominated by opacity and misinformation. The hidden face of oil lifts the veil on carefully hidden secrets and gives keys to understanding the issues around oil, while a real war of resources is engaged.

http://www.arte.tv/fr/Comprendre-le-mon ... 68068.html
0 x
kistinie
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by kistinie » 27/08/10, 12:08

Last edited by kistinie the 27 / 08 / 10, 12: 30, 1 edited once.
0 x
----------------------------------------------

Think global act local ...
et
Do good, that is not emmerdée!

-----------------------------------------------
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/08/10, 12:17

Ah ah ah well seen MDR!

It's one of the few Seagal films that I managed to see until the end (it's the final scene I think?) ... : Cheesy: : Cheesy: but apart from this (surprising) scene it was still pretty daubeux jcrois ...

: Mrgreen:
0 x
freddau
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by freddau » 28/08/10, 18:57

I can't wait for the report to pass me
0 x
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bernardd » 04/09/10, 17:19

Un article on this show, which allows to see it again.
0 x
See you soon !
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/11/14, 16:19

0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 07/11/14, 21:30

A good documentary, indeed. His only fault is to be indifferent to the question of the supremacy of the dollar which has played at least as great a role, at least in the last wars.
In reality, there are several levels of analysis and, contrary to what is claimed, petroleum, although essential, is only the means; the end (to which it contributes powerfully) is the accumulation of value.
Faced with the objective decline of the United States, the control of international trade by the dollar is an absolute priority, because it allows us to continue to create illusions by means of a major accounting trickery.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by plasmanu » 08/11/14, 05:04

I stumbled upon it this summer. On the story chain.
Their analysis of the oil crises is chilling.

Agree with hamed, it's not just oil, there's the dollar.
And a big dose of bullshit: like ELF sniffer planes.

And hop: the petrodollar was born.

And for the history, chronologically it is just before the banksters which precede the 3rd world war
(for the end of the world, this scenario is credible).
0 x
"Not to see Evil, not to hear Evil, not to speak Evil" 3 little monkeys Mizaru