The Black File of Green Energies with Science and Life

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 12/08/14, 19:58

Forgive me for being somewhat obscure, I will try to remedy it.

The energy transition is a real problem, but it seems to me very secondary for two very different reasons, one primary, the other practical:
1- It is not the foreseeable exhaustion of current energy sources that poses a problem, but the damage they have already caused and continue to do, due to the combination of their abundance and the use that has been chosen.
2- The quantity of energy available from other sources are numerous and equally abundant (certainly, to capture this energy, it will be necessary to have more considerable infrastructures than in the past, since it is the most accessible sources which have first requested).

Among all the Khmer people, of whatever color they are, the most visible are the least dangerous and the least numerous: those who really worry me hold speeches so harmless that they arouse no suspicion, they blend into ambient propaganda ...

Our society deploys colossal rational means for irrational ends; I have already developed it at length here and there, I will not come back to it, but this is the crucial point and the real danger. To pretend that the question of "why" is beyond our grasp and to agree to devote yourself only to "how" is a big mistake.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by moinsdewatt » 12/08/14, 20:49

Did67 wrote: .....
3) Today, we use a "mix" of renewable energy (because, in fact, derived from this flow of solar energy: biomass, including wood, hydraulics, wind power, PV .. .) and non-renewable energies (fossils, nuclear) .......

in this regard, came across this day (beware it concerns electricity and not energy in general):

Electricity production: new energies have doubled thermal (France)

August 7, 2014

For the first time in a semester, the production of electricity from renewable energies (excluding hydraulics) exceeded that of thermal power plants in France. In the first half of 2014, marked by a mild climate, thermal production represented only 4,7% of the electricity mix, compared with 5,7% for green energies. With 79%, nuclear production is at its highest since the second half of 2011.

"The use of thermal production suffers at the same time from the mild weather, a decline in electricity consumption and a high production of renewable origin" analysis for Le Figaro Hervé Mignon from RTE (Transport network electricity).

In figures, the share of production from renewable sources (excluding hydraulics) fell from 4,5% in the first half of 1 to 2013%, while that of thermal (gas, coal, fuel oil) fell by 5,7% at 8,7%.

But it is true that the climate has a lot to do with this decline in thermal production. As proof, due to the mild temperatures, overall electricity production, at 276 TWh over the half-year, fell 4,5%. Under these conditions, thermal is more dispensable, while the share of production from renewable sources, whose integration is a priority on the network, is mechanically higher. In addition, as Hervé Mignon explained, wind and solar production are increasing, despite the weak growth in connections.

Basic nuclear production remains unaffected, and is increasing due to improved maintenance management. The atom represents 79% of electricity production in the first half, its best result since 2011.

It is not this summer that thermal production will start to rise again.

http://lenergiedavancer.com/production- ... 014/08/07/
0 x