More moles in the garden;)

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
TITO3245
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

More moles in the garden;)

by TITO3245 » 26/06/14, 13:22

Hello,

I used sticks that spread gas in the molehill 3 weeks ago and since then there is much less activity below my lawn! I hope this will scare them away forever ...
Here is the link of the product I used:

appro-btp.com/insecticide/6566-ape-repulsif-mole-barrier-de-protection-mole-55-batonnets-3432380190229.html

have a good day

Victor
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 26/06/14, 17:20

Hello,
Having moles indicates that there is still some life in the soil. In the garden, they heckle the plants a little, but I don't see any reason to exterminate them there.
Having a lawn like a carpet is not a goal for me and is it an econologist?
I was happy to see a orvet in my field recently, because I had not seen it since my childhood :)
3 x
Did67

by Did67 » 26/06/14, 17:33

Great if it works.

However, beware: conventionally, at this season, moles calm down: they are content with the spaces they have already dug. This is one of the "problems" with anti-mole gadgets of all kinds; we react once we are fed up; often, it is when the moles have finished their "sites"; and oh miracle, it seems to work!

If the product is effective, it should drive out moles, not kill them. So they should dig elsewhere, at the neighbor's ????

There is no "organic" classification, but nonetheless, the safety data sheet shows that it is quite harmless - it is essentially an oil distillation residue (heavy naphtha)!

http://www.france-fluides.com/wp-conten ... -TAUPE.pdf

[NB: on the other hand, the "souricides" of the same brand are anti-coagulants, to be handled with more caution!]
0 x
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by oli 80 » 26/06/14, 23:08

Good evening, I know that at one time they were selling granules of calcium carbide to put in a gallery after having located it with a tool provided put the granules and water and a large stone so that the gases spread in the galleries

http://www.droguerie-jary.com/carbure-d ... 6yLCpR_uLw
but hey I prefer to leave the moles alone : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

but I have at least enough to operate an acetylene lamp
but that's another subject

cordially all
0 x
The shadow
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by The shadow » 27/06/14, 12:13

I found a viable solution (it is in testing for a while)
I catch them then I make a hole and I bury them
it seems to work well
i'm outside don't push
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: No more moles in the garden;)

by izentrop » 04/09/19, 11:25

Be careful, a poison can also decimate predators of mole rats and do worse than better.
If one wishes to garden and not see his useful earthworms and the roots of his vegetables and fruit trees being decimated, these underground predators must be regulated. Professionals are good advice:

The advice of a professional mole from father to son. Do not trust at the beginning which is in flamingo, the continuation is very instructive :)
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re:

by GuyGadebois » 04/09/19, 11:32

izentrop wrote:Hello,
Having moles indicates that there is still some life in the soil. In the garden, they heckle the plants a little, but I don't see any reason to exterminate them there.
Having a lawn like a carpet is not a goal for me and is it an econologist?
I was happy to see a orvet in my field recently, because I had not seen it since my childhood :)

Not only do I have orvets but for the first time in my life, I saw a seps!
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)