Address Searches for sandwich courses

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
loufi65
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Address Searches for sandwich courses

by loufi65 » 22/05/14, 17:49

Bonjour à tous

I am looking for information.
My son is currently in the second year of IUT in Tarbes (Hautes Pyrénées) in the GMP branch (mechanical production engineering). He should get his DUT (technical university diploma) very soon.
He wishes to continue with a license towards alternating renewable energies, more particularly in hydro or wind energy:

Professional license Maintenance and Operation of Equipment in Renewable Energies M.3.ER Work-study program: Apprenticeship contract
or Professionalization Contract

It has submitted a file to this effect to the IUT. This training being relatively recent in this IUT, it was given almost no help.
He must indeed find, by his own means for this dual training, a company that wants to support it for a year.
We tried to search for it, but it is not so obvious, where maybe we do not do it well.
Despite a significant number of dams in the Pyrenees, not much publicity for this sector.

I am therefore looking for addresses of companies whose activity would be in hydraulic or wind energy throughout France, in order to be able to send them a request for work-study training and thus have the maximum chance that my son can do this work-study training.
I am also looking for all the good advice you can give me to help him.

Thank you in advance for your contribution.

Sincerely
0 x
Did67

Re: Address search for work-study training

by Did67 » 23/05/14, 10:57

loufi65 wrote:
He must indeed find, by his own means for this dual training, a company that wants to support it for a year.
We tried to search for it, but it is not so obvious, where maybe we do not do it well.

You highlight the "on your own ...".

I would just like to tell you that this is normal: dual training is linked to an employment contract (apprenticeship, professionalization) ... No one will find you an employment contract for you.

One thing is to find training. Another is to find the contract that allows you to enter training!

And particularly in "emerging" fields. By definition, they are not yet very developed. And therefore, quite logically, there are only a few places (in companies)! So someone who is interested in training may not find a contract.

It's a system that regulates itself a bit - because in the end, the problem of finding a job will be the same! A sector in high demand for labor will automatically train many apprentices, who will therefore find employment ... And a fragile sector will not "invest" in training (which costs). So the "candidates" will not all find a place in apprenticeship. But anyway, that would have led them to the "unemployment" box!

So you have to look and look again ...

Internships are often a "key" to getting in and making your place, making oneself indispensable, etc ... There, it probably comes a little late: in the case of such an idea, it is necessary to "take advantage" of his training (BTS) to do his / her internship (s) in a company likely to then employ you as an apprentice for further training.

But it is necessary to see with the CCI (Chamber of Commerce and Industry) if there are no formulas of "discovery of trades internships". There is then less reluctance. And once in the house, we have 5 days to convince the company ("he is motivated, the youngster, we will perhaps take him anyway ..." - even if the company had not thought of take an apprentice and auarit says "niet").
0 x
loufi65
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by loufi65 » 23/05/14, 11:18

Thanks for the advice Did67

In fact, when I underline "by his own means", I doubtless thought a little naively that at the IUT we would give him a list, like a directory, of companies likely to correspond to his demand for work-study training.

Thank you

Sincerely
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 23/05/14, 18:28

There can sometimes be lists - at the training establishment or in a consular chamber (Chamber of Commerce and Industry).

In a "new" sector, however, things have not "worked out" as well ...

In all cases, a work-study contract remains an employment contract - special, because it includes training, but employment contract all the same

You must therefore apply the same methods!

It is no longer "school", where it "suffices" to register and the administration takes care of everything. Get out of the student mentality, to enter the "real" world: that of the company! And there, it is not always easy!
0 x
loufi65
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by loufi65 » 23/05/14, 21:03

Indeed Did67, get out of the student mentality, to enter the "real" world: that of the company! And there, it is not always easy!

We are realizing it.
Thank you

Sincerely
0 x

Back to "hydraulic, wind, geothermal, marine energy, biogas ..."