Compliance gas geothermal R12 R22

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Didier07
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Compliance gas geothermal R12 R22

by Didier07 » 07/11/11, 17:57

Hello,

I have 18 years of geothermal energy. One compressor per room. Gas heating floor (gas / gas system).
I have according to the compressors of R12 and R22. To bring my installation into compliance, what should I do?
- change the compressors and the gases?
I wonder if I can bring the installation into compliance without changing the pipes (on the ground and the floor) because the replacement gases do not have the same pressure.

Thank you for your answers.
cordially
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 07/11/11, 18:44

It is the pleasure of the PAC with the lie of the pseudo geothermal which has nothing geothermal but uses the solar heat stored naturally over more than a year in the earth to be exact !!!

You can see the manufacturers and installers to sell you and make you pay a maximum every 10 to 15 years !!
I had the impression that there are fairly equivalent fluids avoiding changing everything ????
But it's complex with pros who conceal, deceive and scam, like friends of my family who paid € 30000, for a heat pump that only worked for 3 days, the time to pay, the company having gone bankrupt !!
Personally I refuse to repetitively 'snatch' for PACs that change like weathervanes, 3 years after purchase in my case, scam 10 years ago !!
I save a lot more with free wood !!

I don't know how much you paid, nor the scale of your installation, but at € 30000 every 18 years, or € 1666 per year, plus electrical consumption, with the nuclear risk of the Fukushima type, it is more expensive than keeping an old rudimentary heating system not more expensive per year, becoming much cheaper with heating with free wood burned in insert, stove or simple boiler; everywhere, 77, 91 and 83 this free wood comes from all the plants cut and thrown everywhere, coming from prunings of hedges, trees and garden by me and my neighbors and dried in the sun in summer !!!
I did not even manage to reabsorb the fallen wood everywhere with the storm at the end of 1999, before it was rotten !!
The COP of this free wood is endless, apart from the exercise necessary to pick it up and dry it, very good exercise, especially for my well-treated sciatica for 17 years and which comes back when I sit too long in front of a computer !!!

Finally the real effective solution, but denigrated and stifled by the pros, (they will have no more work because perpetual without CAP, without consumption, neither maintenance, nor breakdowns) is to use summer solar heat, on solar collectors, 40 to 70 ° C, totally wasted today, by storing it in your geothermal energy to heat you in winter, if your geothermal energy is well designed, with a small capacity !!
This solution works at:
www; dlsc.ca
discussed on:
https://www.econologie.com/forums/chaleur-d- ... 10828.html
https://www.econologie.com/forums/stockage-d ... 10173.html

Solution, perpetual, without CO2, nor pollution, totally ecological and very economical, more simple, capable of replacing nuclear heating with or without PAC, solution systematically ignored and stifled !!

If you have a pseudo geothermal Canadian well, you can preheat it strongly in summer with simple solar collectors (without pretensions simple pipes under glass or carbonate) and greatly reduce the consumption of your heat pump, depending on the dimensions of this well.
0 x
Lyane
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Re: Geothermal gas compliance in R12 R22

by Lyane » 28/11/13, 13:58

Hello everyone and Didier in particular

I have a Sofath underfloor heating which for 16 years has given complete satisfaction. The R22 is no longer available or my system lacks gas so it does not heat up any more. I guess I'm not the only one in this case ...
What solution did you find to keep the underfloor heating that I found perfect?
I can't find an alternative ...
Thank you in advance for your answers, your help ...!

Didier07 wrote:Hello,

I have 18 years of geothermal energy. One compressor per room. Gas heating floor (gas / gas system).
I have according to the compressors of R12 and R22. To bring my installation into compliance, what should I do?
- change the compressors and the gases?
I wonder if I can bring the installation into compliance without changing the pipes (on the ground and the floor) because the replacement gases do not have the same pressure.

Thank you for your answers.
cordially
0 x
PITMIX
Pantone engine Researcher

by PITMIX » 29/11/13, 22:15

Bonjour.
The most common solution is to replace the condensing unit (s).
There are substitute fluids which are not without risk for the compressors and the tightness of the circuit, moreover they generally have a relatively short legal duration. For R22 it is possible at certain retailers (dehon, gazéchim, calorie fluor) to find some still under the name R22 regenerated. It is very expensive. In addition, since July 2012, you need a certificate of aptitude for handling refrigerants to buy them.
Personally in my job we have not used it for more than a year. The R22 has characteristics close to the R407c still in norms the R12 is very close to the R134a in both cases it is necessary to drain the oil replace the rubber and teflon seals replace the regulators replace the filter drier and make a good vacuum. Done by a pro the intervention is very expensive it is better to leave on new stuff at R410a.
0 x
Lyane
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Lyane » 30/11/13, 09:32

Hello,
and thank you for this info which confirms that I have to replace the existing devices to switch to the R 410 but ...
in Toulouse I don't find any heating engineer who does the modification except Sofath
I am therefore a prisoner of Sofath and especially of its prices!
To your knowledge, is there another company that can make this modification?
I am offered to switch to reversible air conditioning ... my underfloor heating is much more comfortable!
Hostage therefore of Sofath ... even if I have for my part, no reproach to make them, operation and concessionaire
Thank you again
Have a good day
Lyane
PITMIX wrote:Bonjour.
The most common solution is to replace the condensing unit (s).
There are substitute fluids which are not without risk for the compressors and the tightness of the circuit, moreover they generally have a relatively short legal duration. For R22 it is possible at certain retailers (dehon, gazéchim, calorie fluor) to find some still under the name R22 regenerated. It is very expensive. In addition, since July 2012, you need a certificate of aptitude for handling refrigerants to buy them.
Personally in my job we have not used it for more than a year. The R22 has characteristics close to the R407c still in norms the R12 is very close to the R134a in both cases it is necessary to drain the oil replace the rubber and teflon seals replace the regulators replace the filter drier and make a good vacuum. Done by a pro the intervention is very expensive it is better to leave on new stuff at R410a.
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 30/11/13, 10:13

There are many air conditioning companies throughout France. You can find refrigeration workers who will do the job. The idea of ​​reversible is not bad, but you have to know if the current floor is insulated accordingly. The more cooling the better the cooling ceiling since the cold goes down. In any case it is not really air conditioning but cooling.
The best would have been to make a water floor with a fridge group with water / fridge fluid exchanger. So you can install a Co2 heat pump. With this kind of circuit you can also install solar collectors. The conversion may still be possible.
0 x
Didier07
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Didier07 » 19/01/14, 20:18

Hi,
To follow up on my post I have a professional who is coming tomorrow to study the feasibility. I'll keep you posted as soon as I know more!
0 x
Didier07
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Didier07 » 23/01/14, 16:22

Hello everybody

The professional came twice because he came back with a colleague. My system is adaptable in R410 with on the other hand new material (compressor). But I keep my heated floor. I await the estimate!
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 24/01/14, 23:29

Hello
I assume that your floor heating will be water with plate heat exchanger in the group and not R410a in direct condensation? If so, make quotes with other type of Co2 heat pump for example. See also for a solar option.
0 x
bambou4369
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Re: Geothermal gas compliance in R12 R22

by bambou4369 » 02/07/18, 11:18

Hello,
I had a company who came to give me a quote for the replacement of my two sofath compressors
They took me the octopus outside and compared with silver solder I think and new fittings.
inside they replaced the machine.
Everything has been running for 2 super professional winters and after-sales service at the start.
If necessary I put you in touch with the box they intervene I believe in 42/69/43/07/15/63.
Here is if it can help
0 x