Making his wort ... and not his soft!

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
Christophe

Making his wort ... and not his soft!

by Christophe » 21/01/14, 21:40

For a little note of humor but could not help even if the fact of making its must can ultimately lead to slack ... : Cheesy:

Anyway, I decided to test a little the still of the shop by doing some distillation tests ... amateur ... and exchanging some advice ...

Good to start well: wiki http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mo%C3%BBt

And 2 good pages with lots of advice and calculation methods:

http://www.fairesagnole.eu/homedistille ... -fruit.htm
http://www.fairesagnole.eu/homedistille ... -sugar.htm

There, I have a few kg of apples ... I'm starting to study the thing tomorrow!
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 21/01/14, 22:55

this still is very cute, but the tightness of the copper nested assembly scares me ... there will be regretable leaks

the part of the angels ? you shouldn't give them too much

today it is easy to connect 2 pipes together with a piece of silicone pipe which is perfectly resistant to alcohol and the temperature of boiling water

someone had spoken to me for this kind of copper still to seal them with dough of water and flour: the idea is interesting: at least it's 100% food ... less worse than silicone sealant!

another more modern solution, teflon tape: it feels good and is completely chemically inert

the silicone sealant can also be used but after complete polymerization: grease a little of the faces, put silicone sealant, wait for complete polymerization, it can be very long, and it ends up being removable with the silicone which remains stuck on the surface which n has not been greased
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/01/14, 00:09

Thank you for these technical details ... if it leaks I would test but the adjustment seems well done ...
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 22/01/14, 08:13

resulting in more than 60.000 direct deaths. "don't stare at the wine (any alcoholic drink in general) ruddy shining in the cup, it slides gently and ends up biting like a snake ... I would start over, I would ask again! " Proverbs 23-31
Alcoholism is, unfortunately, part of a culture deeply rooted in our societies and no one, or almost, is aware of it. : Cry:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/01/14, 11:09

Who told you I wanted to drink it? : Mrgreen:

And bioethanol fuel eh?
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 22/01/14, 13:10

Who told you I wanted to drink it?
I do not judge the choices of an individual, but of a social problem. 60.000 dead is still not nothing and compare with all the efforts to bring road accidents below 3.000 (of which 1/4 are linked to alcohol)!
And bioethanol fuel eh?

it will probably be necessary to carry out a campaign like this: one liter is fine but 3 liters hello the damage and check if the dose does not exceed 0.5g per liter of petrol! : Cheesy: : Cheesy:
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 22/01/14, 13:49

it is not the still which makes alcohol!

there is as much alcohol in the wine or other fermented juice as after distillation: only difference without distillation it can only be a drink: with distillation it can become fuel

Is distilling all of the alcohol available for fuel a way to reduce alcoholism?

when there will be no more oil you will have to choose between drinking or driving if you want alcohol as fuel: 8 liters of wine at 12 ° can make a liter of fuel alcohol

I use E85, when I pour it with a canister the smell makes you thirsty ... fortunately it is effectively denatured by 15% petrol
0 x