Eco-driving in practice: Tips that work!

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 03/09/13, 15:10

citro wrote:Do not confuse torque and acceleration. The more the speed increases, the more the aerodynamic and other losses increase ...
It's the same on a 150hp car that goes up to 200kmh. From 180 km / h, the acceleration becomes almost zero ...

Reread Citro you spoke of a continuous acceleration ... It can be very confusing ... No a VE PSA of old generation is not a rocket ...

As for the example of the 150CV car for its 180 to 200 ... not applicable for 99.9% of the roads on the planet ...
By cons 50 to 90 ...

I was talking about a 44-ton vehicle equipped with a 440hp engine (the same power-to-weight ratio as my sax) which has the aerodynamics of a shoebox and 12 tires on the ground ... on his instantaneous consumption at that time had to flirt with the 120l / h ... (I will have to ask the driver) always is it that I bothered him in his acceleration ... Will be necessary that I see with them I put a tire on the bumper of the sax and ask them to push me to my taff .. by making the break I would arrive at the taff full capa on the batteries ...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
hic
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by hic » 03/09/13, 18:28

Christophe wrote:Ah yes anyway ... 180 Nm for 15 hp only! : Shock:

Fun

Shelby Supercars Aero EV: 0-100 km / h in 2.5 seconds
1000 horses,

Electric Datsun 1972 modified: 0-100 km / h in 2.95 sec
300 horses,

Wrightspeed X1: 0-100 km / h in 3.07 sec
300 horsepower

5th. AC Propulsion tzero Roadster: 0-100 km / h in 3.6 sec
200 horses

9. Tango: 0-100 mph in 4 sec
George Clooney has one. : Mrgreen:

*** http://www.voitureelectrique.net/voitur ... n-2009-149 ***

fuel, production cars
2.5 seconds
Bugatti EB 16/4 Veyron (2005-2011) 1001 horses

2.8 seconds
Porsche 935/78 Moby Dick (1978) 845 horsepower
0 x
"Let food be thy medicine and thy medicine be thy food" Hippocrates
"Everything has a price has no value" Nietzche
Torture for Dummies
Forbid to express the idea that the field is acceleration (magnetic and gravitational)
And you get your patent mental torture option executioner successfully
BobFuck
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by BobFuck » 04/09/13, 10:37

citro wrote:Indeed, and this is one of the main advantages of the electric motor, the torque is maximum at start-up and the torque curve is much more linear than on a heat engine ... As there is no change in speed , there is no break in torque, acceleration is continuous ...

Yes, but it is not the torque that accelerates the car, but the power, and the characteristics of torque, power, and performance according to the rpm depend quite a bit on the type of motor (the brushless are particularly shabby in this regard) ... we are approaching the holy grail with synchronous reluctance style motors (see ABB) ...
0 x
Christophe

Re: Eco-driving in practice: tips that work!

by Christophe » 22/01/20, 13:02

Small up of this old subject and article for yellow vests (and others)!

https://www.econologie.com/polluer-cons ... ins-route/
1 x
Did67

by Did67 » 22/01/20, 13:10

It should be updated. The following passage is no longer true. Or not clear? Modern fuel injection systems (on Diesel as well as on gasoline) cut off the fuel intake as soon as one is in "engine braking".

Use the inertia of your vehicle (clutch) rather than the engine brake! So you can earn 10 to 20% in the city by anticipating well. But pay attention to your safety which comes first!

And add that you must try to never brake. But without disengaging. To have the butter (kinetic energy) and the money of the butter (cut of the admissions). Braking is dissipating acquired energy (kinetic energy). I had a hard time explaining this to my wife - I do not know if she really understood or if she is only tired of my explanations? Whenever we manage to anticipate, slow down sufficiently and sufficiently long in advance, we avoid burning fuel THEN fuel to regain the speed we had (and which we lost by braking) ... Obvious in physics.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/01/20, 13:20

Oops Didi, yes I skipped this line!

Here I put:

Use the inertia of your vehicle! Don't brake at the "last minute" (or on the very last few meters), so you can gain 10 to 20% in the city by anticipating well. But beware of your safety, which comes first!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/01/20, 13:24

Did67 wrote:And add that you must try to never brake. But without disengaging. To have the butter (kinetic energy) and the money of the butter (cut of the admissions). Braking is dissipating acquired energy (kinetic energy). I had a hard time explaining this to my wife - I do not know if she really understood or if she is only tired of my explanations? Whenever we manage to anticipate, slow down sufficiently and sufficiently long in advance, we avoid burning fuel THEN fuel to regain the speed we had (and which we lost by braking) ... Obvious in physics.

This is what I did, I do it much less for a question of premature mechanical wear, see this subject: eat-less-auto / Ecodriving-yes-but-care-to-wear-PREMATURE-t13162.html

So I do some more brutal braking from time to time ... and the mechanics seem to appreciate.
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 22/01/20, 13:31

For a long time I have adopted a "cast", stable and constant driving style. I hardly brake, accelerate little and gradually, anticipate and refine my trajectories. With the same vehicle, on the same routes, I consume about 1L less than my son, who does not have my experience.
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 22/01/20, 14:19

For eco-driving IT is necessary to anticipate, use the engine brake and brake as little as possible, but the flowing pipe is also to reach its cruising speed quickly by mounting its ratios at nominal power.
SEE the first answer http://forum-auto.caradisiac.com/automo ... 385663.htm
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 22/01/20, 14:27

izentrop wrote:For eco-driving IT is necessary to anticipate, use the engine brake and brake as little as possible, but the flowing pipe is also to reach its cruising speed quickly by mounting its ratios at nominal power.
SEE the first answer http://forum-auto.caradisiac.com/automo ... 385663.htm

Bullshit. The gears should not take place at nominal power but a little higher than the maximum torque. This is how a double clutch automatic transmission works, which consumes less than its equivalent to a manual transmission.
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)

Back to "Special motors, patents, fuel consumption reduction"