Production of electricity with wood logs

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Did67

by Did67 » 13/08/13, 22:12

I took off, to be sure not to lie. On reflection, it's less.

But note that at this distance I'm talking about, you can hear a car, a scooter or a tractor very well. It is therefore much less noisy than these "machines"!

Well at 1 meter, that's for sure, you hear it. But how to describe the intensity of a noise? I have to find the sound level in dB!
0 x
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by 1360 » 14/08/13, 05:47

Hello,

At my generator supplier, a model with standard soundproofing has an acoustic power ranging from 65 to 76 dB (A) at 10 meters, and a "super silent" version makes 60 dB (A) at 10 meters.
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 14/08/13, 12:29

60dBA, at 10m it's low, like a washing machine or fuel boiler not too noisy ... there are boilers that do more

the problem with the generator is that a lot of people don't like the noise of an engine engine ... the humming of a boiler is normal and we bear it ... the noise of an engine has explosion we can't stand it if we recognize it

it is complicated to make a small portable generator well insulated because the volume and the weight is limited, but for a cogeneration engine installed in a building like a boiler, it is much easier

I manage to completely remove the noise of a small generator with 6,5 hp petrol engine: enclosed in a solid masonry room with a good layer of sound absorbing material against the walls

heat evacuation by air water exchanger

the first time i tested soundproofing by a solid and waterproof wall, the noise always came out a little: as long as there are no absorbent materials, it sounds like a resonance box inside the piece and the smallest leak lets out noise

I just hung a lot of old burlap bag against all the walls inside, and no more noise comes out

and again it’s small, light engines whose casings are not solid: with a water-cooled engine, in thick cast iron, it will be much easier

another important improvement: solid exhaust pipe, made of cast iron, well integrated into the engine structure, without any weak point that breaks down like small running engines
0 x
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by 1360 » 14/08/13, 12:47

The most difficult to soundproof with an generator set is the noise of the cooling air.

I saw on the site of my supplier that the distances of the noise measurements had changed, it is no longer 10 meters, but 7.

Some info here: http://www.genset.it/sito_genset/pubbli ... go_fra.pdf
0 x