Global collapse of ecosystems by 2100?

Warming and Climate Change: causes, consequences, analysis ... Debate on CO2 and other greenhouse gas.
Troubadour14
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Troubadour14 » 09/03/13, 09:46

In fact, climate change is not really very abrupt, and not everyone can adapt to global warming. However, there will always be a few individuals who will adapt and continue to survive and fill the planet! I read a online memory who defends this idea. : Mrgreen:
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 09/03/13, 11:44

Troubadour14 wrote:In fact, climate change is not really very abrupt, (...)

For the moment....
There can be an extremely violent tipping effect that can lead to global climate change in a few months.
This is a phenomenon that has already happened in the past, and this explains the sudden disappearance of certain species.
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 09/03/13, 12:09

Indeed, in a slow process and therefore progressive, a threshold effect can appear, changing the deal completely at all ...
For example stopping the gulf stream (or even before this stage its slowdown) would profoundly change the climate of France (do not talk about that of Belgium! : Cheesy: ), with polar temperatures *: do not forget that Brest is at about the same latitude as Canada ...

* When I say polar, it is not in the sense of the weather of the TV, which without qualms qualifies as a small -1 °!
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."

Back to "Climate Change: CO2, warming, greenhouse effect ..."