A village in the Sarthe offers chickens.

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

A village in the Sarthe offers chickens.

by the middle » 07/01/13, 16:05

In Pincé, a small village in the Sarthe of 197 souls, Lydie Pasteau, Madam the mayor, handed over at the end of September, during a completely official ceremony in the presence of local personalities and Jean-Pierre Coffe, sponsor of the initiative , a couple of eco-hens (sic!) to 31 families out of the 87 in the town. Why these gallinaceae repainted in green? It all goes back to a meeting of the community of communes of Sablé-sur-Sarthe (of which Pincé is a member) last March, where it was decided to create an incentive tax on household waste.

http://www.mescoursespourlaplanete.com/ ... _1590.html
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
phil53
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by phil53 » 07/01/13, 16:54

Chickens are fashionable, but don't forget the drawbacks.
The smells and yes it's poop!
Flies, poop attracts flies!
The opportunists, if you have chickens, there are seeds, food and it attracts mice, rats and others !!!!!
Chickens as a solution to reducing the weight of garbage cans is a nice joke.
It would be easier to create 2 trash cans.
One with green waste, peelings, leftover meal. Why not the contents of the toilet dry.
Without being sorted it would be put into composting.
The rest, I say the rest outside the glass can be, in a trash can which it would be sorted by means to automate.
Fabrics, metal, paper, plastic (which would be reused or reusable after ???)

Note, I have nothing against chickens but against those who take us for fools by advocating plaster-type solutions on wooden legs!
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 07/01/13, 17:20

Phil53 admits the truth!
Your neighbor has a rooster, and he wakes you up every day! : Cheesy:
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
phil53
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by phil53 » 07/01/13, 17:44

:D No, when I lived in the countryside, I even had roosters and lots of critters.
Roosters in town wouldn't bother me more than that!

The more or less green fashion solutions rather make me laugh when I see I hear / see certain city dwellers making their choice in very natural situations.

Yes, I imagine the probable conflicts between pro and anti hen in town.
0 x

Back to "Sustainable consumption: responsible consumption, diet tips and tricks"