Request information for electroplating

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
AXEAU
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Request information for electroplating

by AXEAU » 05/01/13, 21:35

Hello,

I would like to renovate some rooms that were galvanized (white and bichromated). I found methods within reach of an amateur with low hydrochloric or sulfuric acid but I do not find how to make a finish more neat and especially bichromated.
I know there is an arsenic-based method and another arsenic-substitution method, but is it possible to obtain these products?
it's just for the sake of trying otherwise I'll talk to a professional.

jlg
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 05/01/13, 22:15

it's a disaster: to do a good job you need toxic products impossible to buy at retail

no pro can give any information ... they are all afraid of having problems with an administration that wants to ban everything

the chromation was almost completely forbidden ... except electrozinced without chromation it is worth nothing at all

the only thing feasible amateur is the galvanization: by dipping in molten zinc: it's the most solid process: it's a thick zinc layer ... but it's not good for small screw, because the zinc layer closes the threads ... it is necessary to iron the die

this galvanization is used for the big screws of the high tension pylon: it is almost eternal and never rust

another remark about the bizarre vocabulary: it is said to galvanize to put zinc by dipping in molten zinc, and galvanized for the galvanic method
0 x
AXEAU
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by AXEAU » 05/01/13, 22:58

Thank you chatelot 16, that's what it seemed to me on the power of this kind of products.
Is there anyway something that will improve the performance of the chloride or zinc sulphide deposit?

jlg
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 05/01/13, 23:40

no solution with chloride or zinc sulphate

the solution is rather with cyanide and a bunch of manufacturing secrets that I do not even know

you talked about arsenic but I do not see the relationship ... arsenic is a simple body that has nothing useful with zinc

cyanide is only nitrogen ... a way to avoid acid too strong hydrochloric or sulfuric type
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 06/01/13, 10:34

And sandblasting?

There you just need the gun "that goes well" and the compressor.

[Edit] I found that

They talk about everything about the "PROTECTION OF STEEL AGAINST CORROSION".
Last edited by Obamot the 06 / 01 / 13, 10: 57, 4 edited once.
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 06/01/13, 10:46

For cyanide, cyanurization, forgets immediately. The products are so dangerous that it is very regulated, authorizations, regulated access to the products and the workshop etc ... besides it is very dirty and it is especially not an installation for individuals ... : Mrgreen:

http://www.a3ts.org/index.php/actualite ... truration/

carbonitriding

DEFINITION OF TREATMENT
Principle: superficial enrichment in carbon (between 0,7 and 0,9% by mass) and nitrogen (between 0,15 and 0,3% in mass) by diffusion in the austenitic field (825 with 900 ° C) followed by tempering and a possible income , in order to obtain a high surface hardness (58 to 62 HRC) according to a decreasing gradient over a given depth.

The achievable depths are between 0,05 and 0,6 mm, beyond 0,6mm the nitrogen supply is no longer of interest.

CHARACTERIZATION :

Carbon and Nitrogen Content
Surface hardness (HRC, HRA, HV)
Conventional hardcoat depth Ec or Dc (unless otherwise specified NFA04-204)
Microstructural requirements
Residual stress rate

APPLICATIONS:

Wear
Strengthening fatigue

DIFFERENT PROCESSES:

Liquid or in salt bath often called cyanidation use of salts based on alkaline chlorides (NaCl, KCl) added with a high amount of cyanide (NaCN), approximately 20%. The kinetics are fast, the control of the cyanide rate makes it possible to control the potential carbon and nitrogen. Quenching is done directly with oil or salts (after "rinsing" in neutral salts)
Under controlled or gaseous atmosphere: the atmosphere is of the endothermic type obtained:
- By cracking an alkane in a generator with the addition of methane or propane to maintain the carbon potential,
- By injecting a methanol-nitrogen mixture directly into the furnace with addition of methane or propane to maintain the carbon potential,
Nitrogen is supplied by injecting ammonia directly into the furnace. The typical composition of the atmosphere is 20 at 25% CO, 20 at 40% N2, 40 at 55% H2 (CO2, O2, H2O traces). The amount of ammonia injected is of the order of 1 to 5% of the total gas volume (the lowest values ​​are suitable for alloy steels). The carbon potential of the atmosphere is measured and controlled by gas analyzes% CO, CO2, H2O, O2). The kinetics is quite fast thanks to the optimization of the cycle.
Quenching is done directly in oil. The nitrogen dissolved in the carbonitrided layer greatly increases the quenchability which allows soft quenching with hot oil (80 at 160 ° C or 150 salt bath at 180¨C) thus limiting the deformations (up to 950 ° C). The most important application is that of the gearboxes of automobiles.
In the case of gas quenching, it is possible to modulate the cooling rate to approach staged cooling conditions.
In fluidized bed: the fluidization is made by a gas equivalent to gaseous atmospheres. The kinetics are fast but the employment is not very easy.
Under low pressure: after heating in a vacuum oven, a sequential pressure of the order of 5 to 20mbar is established by injection of a hydrocarbon, propane, ethylene or acetylene, the carburation sequences are followed by vacuum diffusion sequences . Ammonia feed sequences are combined with those of the fuel gas feed. The kinetics are very fast. The process allows high carburization temperatures accelerating the kinetics. The main advantages are the absence of superficial oxidation and a good penetration into the thin orifices. This process is often associated with gas quenching. (5 to 20 nitrogen bar). The piloting is based on a gas metal reaction model assuming a carbon saturation of the surface during the carburization and diffusion phases.This process is under development.In the case of gas quenching, it is possible to modulate the speed of cooling to approach staged cooling conditions.
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
AXEAU
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by AXEAU » 06/01/13, 18:25

Hello,

I had in mind a very dangerous product but I was wrong, it is cyanide and chrome.
I have read, but I do not know if it is the case on all the lines of treatment, that the cyanurated tanks were installed above vats containing bleach so that the product is neutralized instantly in case leak.
For sand blasting I am equipped, I have the sandblaster, the cabin and various abrasives.
So I will prepare my pieces and give them to a pro to zinc.

jlg
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 06/01/13, 19:35

very good method! cyanide is not a radioactive product to be banned ... it is enough to destroy it to avoid rejecting it anywhere

it's about the same for chrome ... everyone should know the right way to work to avoid pollution

alas today we prefer to ban all that to spread the good information ... so companies that stay in France are paying more and more expensive ... and the Chinese do much more simply without cost
0 x