Making an extruder Pellets

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 06/12/12, 19:52

I understand your concern, Chatelot16lignin is melted by the rise in temperature (180 °, if I remember correctly) which results from friction during pressing.
If this fusion is limited in small presses, perhaps the solution is to preheat the raw material upstream of the press?
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
manoria68
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by manoria68 » 07/12/12, 10:01

yes, good idea for the recovery of chips, I know more a carpenter who could give me.
I just do not know if I take 150 or 200 diameters
0 x
Manoria 68, fried researcher, technician of its oil mill
bidouille23
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by bidouille23 » 24/12/12, 01:32

slut,

Dust well (0.5% dust for dinplus) pellet and tests to have less than 10% water and keep them as is after storage ...

http://www.ecole-eme.com/formations-env ... ustion.pdf

here there is something to read on different materials to produce pellet.

If not the cheapest is to burn directly (except for the place ...).
0 x
manu76520
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Re:

by manu76520 » 09/06/21, 23:35

titiyador wrote:Hello everybody

I own some exotic animals, out of passion. So to feed them, I also started to breed rodents in a "cold" room of 9m², which is in fact now a warm room (heated to 19 ° C) for regular reproduction throughout the period. year.

For food I still recently bought pellets also called "caps" in the jargon of breeders.
Two drawbacks:
- € 14 per 25 kg bag (1 bag consumed per week on average) for the cheapest
- I have to pick them up 2 hours away from home (I take several, which means that I still manage to amortize travel costs).

So I learned about the manufacturing process of these granules, and it was three days ago that I went to get a small machine (model 9PK-120) imported from China of course, but no French manufacturer of after some research that I was able to do. Very serious seller (located in Mory Montcrux, in the Oise), not pushing for the purchase and who does not count his time to explain the problems and the way to proceed. Also even after the purchase, I had several questions and he answered me by email and very quickly (2 hours after sending on average).

So I bought this machine for 800 € HT, it will take a number of months for it to be amortized, not counting the time spent waiting alongside the machine to refuel and act in case of problems.
But I know what I put in it, I am independent, and above all, 25 kilos only come back to me at 5-6 €!

During the first use nothing came out. In fact "big paranoid" that I am, I did not put enough material for the pellets to form. So I dismantled the whole machine when it would have been enough for me to add a little more mixture (1/3 compressor sand (very fine), 1/3 oil, 1/3 dry sawdust (< 10% humidity)) ...

Finally, it gave me the opportunity to go take a little tour in its bowels and identify the pieces present!

So second test, this time with what I will put later: wheat, corn, faba beans, rapeseed (seeds), vitamins.

and there joy and relief at the sight of the first pellet.

Since then I have dismantled it two more times, whereas after the mixture intended for rodents has passed, I have passed a slightly fatty mixture which I keep aside in order to prevent the holes from forming when the machine cools down.

In addition, the machine vibrates more and more so I don't know if it's normal. I have the impression that it is the horizontal shaft of the motor which vibrates. Finally we will see later but I am happy with my purchase. Hopefully it will last long enough to pay for itself.
I also bought this machine from the same person, but I haven't managed to get any pellets out yet.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Making a Pellet Extruder

by Ahmed » 10/06/21, 08:41

What kind of pellets do you want to produce? Originally, these small Chinese presses are designed to granulate mixtures made from cereals for animal feed and not to make sawdust pellets; the latter material being much more demanding in terms of power and mechanical strength, there is a fear of rapid deterioration of the device.
0 x
manu76520
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by manu76520 » 10/06/21, 09:04

Ahmed wrote:What kind of pellets do you want to produce? Originally, these small Chinese presses are designed to granulate mixtures made from cereals for animal feed and not to make sawdust pellets; the latter material being much more demanding in terms of power and mechanical strength, there is a fear of rapid deterioration of the device.

Sawdust-based granules. I respected the granulosite, hygrometry, the heating time, But the matrix clogs as soon as I put the sawdust in it. I am in a farming family. Do you think that if I cut with wheat it will be better?
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 10/06/21, 09:16

If your machine matches what I described, I doubt the possibility of producing sawdust pellets and, if not, the longevity of the operation ...
As for using wheat as an additive, on the one hand I have no idea of ​​the result, on the other hand it strikes me as nonsense, except if it is rejected cereals.
0 x
manu76520
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Re:

by manu76520 » 10/06/21, 09:21

titiyador wrote:For my part, the pellets do not come out at 180 ° unless I have a very thick hand skin, I hold the pellets for a few seconds without worry. I would rather say that, provided the machine is well supplied, the temperature does not exceed 80 ° C.

See you, Tim.

Titiyador You who have the same machine, can you tell me if the leg is well positioned? I think it is used to cut the pellets, but I do not understand how?
Attachments
20210609_192948.jpg
0 x
manu76520
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by manu76520 » 10/06/21, 09:30

Ahmed wrote:If your machine matches what I described, I doubt the possibility of producing sawdust pellets and, if not, the longevity of the operation ...
As for using wheat as an additive, on the one hand I have no idea of ​​the result, on the other hand it strikes me as nonsense, except if it is rejected cereals.

Or rapeseed. It looks solid to me though, it's a 7,5hp. The seller provided me with a notice and I read this: There is also another possibility by adding water to the wet sawdust.
The mixture then comes out like a sausage and the granules must be left to dry in a thin layer on a wire mesh in a ventilated place.
Drying in a small greenhouse is ideal.
This solution would require less effort from the machine.
0 x
manu76520
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Re:

by manu76520 » 10/06/21, 10:04

Ahmed wrote:Dedeleco wrote:

Regarding the machine titiyador, beware, these small Chinese machines are intended for the preparation of food pellets and not for the production of wood pellets!
If the principle is similar, the efforts developed in the latter case are much greater and require dedicated machines.

I believe that this machine is the 9PK in 2200watt, the seller no longer makes it because it is too weak for sawdust pellets, I have the 9PK plus which is 5500watt
0 x