You believe the surveys you?

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
netshaman
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

You believe the surveys you?

by netshaman » 02/04/12, 16:14

So the political soap opera before the raging presidential election, we keep talking about polls here and there.
What is it really ?
Is a panel of 900 people truly representative of the whole population (60 M)?
What are these polls for apart from influencing public opinion to direct them towards this or that candidate?
Can we really speak of free will and democracy under these conditions?

I would say that Sarkozy won 5 years ago because the polls gave him a winner and therefore like sheep the French
did not move to go to vote foolishly believing that whatever they do it would be a winner when it was nothing!
Ideas received when you hold us!
Easy to implement on an increasingly brutalized population and maintained in this state in order to better control it.
I have the impression that they are repeating the same feat this time too.
Poor France ...
Hello obscurantism and barbarism ...
This is what awaits us very quickly ...
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 02/04/12, 16:26

It is for this reason that in certain countries, including Belgium, last minute surveys are prohibited.

Obviously, the margin of error can be estimated based on the sample / mass ratio.

Now do not be afraid of reality, they have 2 functions:

1) keep the readers of the newspapers entertained

2) allow candidates to adjust the shot by picking up the trends that appeal most.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 02/04/12, 17:37

elephant wrote:It is for this reason that in certain countries, including Belgium, last minute surveys are prohibited.
Since the advent of the internet, polls published by foreign newspapers (Belgian and Swiss to name a few) can be consulted, which makes the ban completely ineffective.
0 x
Gwenved
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Gwenved » 02/04/12, 17:46

They are biased and we can make them say whatever they want.

A small example, my brother, in 2002, was interviewed for a survey. Although being on the left, but attacked in the previous month, he replied FN for the first round (HORROR for the pollster) and then explained that it was a 'rant' vote. The pollster proposes the second round PS vs UMP (at the time) and my brother chooses ...... PS (well yes the first vote was only A rant ).

To which the pollster answers: 'I cannot take your opinion into account!'

You know the result of the first round ................
0 x
Slowly but surely
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 02/04/12, 17:50

They are biased
so the biased you count! : Cheesy:
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 02/04/12, 20:10

Gaston said:

Since the advent of the internet, polls published by foreign newspapers (Belgian and Swiss to name a few) can be consulted, which makes the ban completely ineffective.

You're absolutely right. Why do you think Sarkozy and his clique "love" the Internet so much? : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Do you believe in polls?

by bamboo » 05/04/12, 17:28

netshaman wrote:I would say that Sarkozy won 5 years ago because the polls gave him a winner and therefore like sheep the French did not move to go to vote foolishly believing that whatever they do he would be a winner while he does was nothing

In 2002 it was rather the opposite: Jospin lost because the sympathizers PS did not go to vote ...
0 x
Solar Production + VE + VAE = short cycle electricity