Flame temperature of a lighter

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 06/02/12, 20:45

Et voila
The clinker is therefore the reason or the consequence of the heat and of the reactions on my front grill which destroys the camp in crumbs ... at the start, as the stove is old there was a leak in the glass door and therefore the grid which prevents the coal from touching the door began to destroy it by successive layer ...
I bolted 4mm by 3 plates and secured them to the grid with 8mm diam. Bolts. the plates were corroded in 48 hours!

I found a supplier of a special cast iron grid for coal, will I have to weld it on the old one which is belted ... would you have a practical advice on the quality of weld or another proposal?
I thought about making a stainless steel grid called "refractory" but I don't really know what will have the best effect (except, of course, to no longer make coal fires) because you will have understood the idea is that I do not have enough room to store wood at home ... otherwise the choice would be quickly made, the ecological point of view, would take precedence over the practical and economic point of view ...

Thanks for the info and… Meow :P
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu
"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?
One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 06/02/12, 20:50

chatelot16 wrote:the machefer is produced at a lower temperature according to the chemical composition of the ash, no need for 1500 ° C

it is called machefer because it destroys iron by dissolving it and melting at a temperature where the iron should not melt

I saw industrial boilers where the ashtray was intentionally flooded, so that the ash falls into the water and makes steam, which limits the temperature of the hearth and avoids destroying too quickly the grids

the steam does not lose energy, it absorbs energy at the grid to decompose into hydrogen, and makes this energy a little higher in the flame or hydrogen burns

Seeing a picture of the stove, could you tell me if it would be right for him?
I put a stainless steel tray in place of the sheet tray, I put water and I turn on the bastringue?

Meow???
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu

"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?

One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 06/02/12, 21:38

anthracite is a very powerful fuel ... it worked well in old cast iron central heating boilers with water circulation everywhere, including in the parts that serve as grates ... it limits the temperature

with a simple stove I understand that it does not hold up

I have never seen a water ashtray for a stove ... but I have never seen a stove running anthracite either

it doesn't cost much to try, no need for a stainless steel tank, in ordinary sheet metal it will be enough to check if it works, and do better then, the problem will be to renew the water if you want it to work for a long time

other solution, put the stove in a large container wider than it and put water at the right level ... may not be the ideal solution but easier to try
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 06/02/12, 22:49

Lietseu wrote:I have found a supplier of a special cast iron grate for coal, solder this one on the old one which is girded… you would have a practical advice on the quality of welding or another proposal?

Cast iron is already difficult to weld ...., if in addition your grid has dragged x years in the hearth it further reduces the possibilities (polluted metal), finally weld different metals one on the other especially when they are bent, it makes a maximum of effort on the parts, you are likely to break ..... : Cry:

I thought about making a stainless steel grid called "refractory" but I don't really know what will have the best effect (except, of course, to stop making coal fires) ...

Real refractory stainless steel (Nickel or Cobalt base) .... it is very difficult to work (such as possible drilling in the carbide forest and not the super market shit ...) ...... resists everything ...... may be better than your wallet. : Mrgreen:
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132

Go back to "Fossil energies: oil, gas, coal and nuclear electricity (fission and fusion)"