Thermoacoustic, how?

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
FPLM
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by FPLM » 10/01/12, 13:47

Ooh, you embark on a whole other subject as vast as arduous that are the materials.
There are certainly some exciting discoveries on the side of technical ceramics.
But, at the moment, I would join the opinion of Chatelot, the extra cost of a certain ceramic will bring a sufficient benefit?
Only experiences and measurements can answer them.
0 x
"If you are not careful, the newspapers will eventually make you hate the oppressed and the oppressors worship. "
Malcolm X
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 10/01/12, 13:55

steel and cast iron, wear-resistant oil-lubricated

alas it does not need oil vapor in the gas or it decomposes in the hot part: so there will be more teflon gasket to complete the tightness, and a pressure difference always in the right direction to reduce the passage of oil on the wrong side

for crankshaft bearing and crankshaft bearing are almost perfect solution
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 10/01/12, 16:29

Particular basic reason:
in classical stirling there are years that I am above to optimize the architecture, while the thermoacoustics, I only discover it ..

If not in Stirling, one needs knowledge of thermoacoustics too.
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 10/01/12, 23:17

The details of an efficient and lightweight thermoacoustic generator realization for NASA in 24% yielded detail space:
http://www.lanl.gov/projects/thermoacou ... DraftU.pdf
0 x