Deuterium and nuclear fusion

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 08/06/09, 23:53

JP Petit wrote recently that it is not interesting to seek to improve the z-machine of Gramat (Lot) currently in the hands of the military, because of its design it lacks power.
A new machine should be made, if possible in collaboration with other countries.
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 09/06/09, 07:10

illuminati wrote:The energetic grail is the convergence of two dreams.

- Control thermonuclear fusion (cold, hot, tokamak or Zmachine or lazer megajoule, or other)
- dissociate hydrogen from water with a process with high energy efficiency and low cost (month of 1 USD / kg).

But of course today these are just “dreams”.

Breaking down these two technological obstacles would constitute an economic catastrophe for the World Compagny which prefers to continue to control the world economy by controlling the economy of the black gold is approximately 20 to 000 billionUSD / year and what so much will taste like petroleum at least 30 years more.

No matter the consequences of the greenhouse effect !! It will only affect the poor…

The Illuminati

Your explanation is clear, it's an interesting observation; now, as an Illuminati, do you approve of it or denounce it?
If you denounce it, what are you doing to change things?
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illuminati
The Illuminati according to conspiracy theories: supposed conspiratorial organization, operating in the shadow of power, allegedly controlling world affairs through governments and large multinationals and aiming at the establishment of the New World Order
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 09/06/09, 15:51

Hello Illuminati
Hey, yes, with a nickname like that you are expected to assume! Thank you in advance for trying to make things happen.
As far as I am concerned, having little power of action, I content myself, like other speakers in this forum, to pass on the information as and when I discover it.
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 09/06/09, 20:46

Basically, yes! Or you are an illuminati and you act, because fed up with the "conspiracy"

ou

you change your nickname! [/ u]
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
stipe
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by stipe » 01/12/11, 09:45

up, which I did not know where to put (there is not a subject which lists the various technologies related to Fusion?)

http://www.france24.com/fr/20111201-fus ... nte-chance

A company tries with "small" means to develop a competitor of ITER, following another method.
20-30% chance that it works but if it works development in less than 10 years (on an industrial scale).

Opinions ? (feasibility, risk, waste etc ...)
0 x
"the goal of every life is to end" !.
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 01/12/11, 11:50

stipe wrote:up, which I did not know where to put (there is not a subject which lists the various technologies related to Fusion?)
http://www.france24.com/fr/20111201-fus ... nte-chance
A company tries with "small" means to develop a competitor of ITER, following another method.
20-30% chance that it works but if it works development in less than 10 years (on an industrial scale). Opinions ? (feasibility, risk, waste etc ...)

More info is needed. Is this deuterium-tritium fusion continuous or discontinuous? Note that this reaction releases neutrons (radioactivity) while the hydrogen-boron fusion (which requires a much higher temperature, but we know how to do it) does not have this drawback and produces helium.
0 x

Go back to "Fossil energies: oil, gas, coal and nuclear electricity (fission and fusion)"