Unpublished production of miscanthus straw wood pellets

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
netshaman
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by netshaman » 05/11/11, 11:03

To come back to the pelletmaker, when I see the photo of the machine I still find that the device is still a little simplistic in design.
I find it hard to believe that he alone does what the builder says he does :D
The kind of worm that scrapes the wood seems to scratch in a vacuum anyway ....
While watching the video I am seized with a doubt all the same: and if the pellets were produced thanks to sawdust cleverly hidden under the pile of wood?
I doubt that the simple weight of the wood is enough to press hard enough to be reduced to dust especially at the speed where it goes.
In short, I want a live demo in situ!
So who devotes himself to going to Germany to see for himself?
Who is close enough?
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 05/11/11, 15:43

They sell the sawdust mill and the pelletizer separately which is maybe the right solution ???
The in situ demo is also good insurance !!!
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 05/11/11, 16:31

netshaman wrote:But voila, once I have managed to demonstrate that it works, which was my primary goal, I will disinterested in everything else, whatever the consequences.

you can be an inventor without manufacturing without being a crook!

the one who is not able to manufacture does not have to accept orders and collect money

the problem when I see some description of this material is that I have doubts about the operation ... who has really seen it work?

a patent proves nothing ... an inventor must file a patent before any disclosure, so before complete development: it is therefore normal that a large number of patents are filed for nothing ... when the tests are unsuccessful

the one who paid dearly for patenting and failed in the development can seek to value the patent dishonestly ... the patent system is not very good
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 05/11/11, 21:33

Netshaman wrote:
I doubt that the simple weight of the wood is enough to press hard enough to be reduced to dust, especially at the speed or it goes.

It seems that the rotary axis carries a sort of helical rasp and that it is this particular shape that plays the role of coach.
That said, this does not prejudge in my eyes a satisfactory overall efficiency.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
lv13r
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by lv13r » 06/11/11, 08:39

Hello
Netshaman
HELLO
no need to go to germany there is a reseller for france and belgium
F-01210 Ferney-Voltaire
top-pellet.fr
it's written on their german site

I am like you I believe what I see
0 x
netshaman
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by netshaman » 07/11/11, 12:44

Thank you for the link !
Wow, I love the SPL burner!
Here is a thing that it is good!
Rhaaa, and say that my mother changed her old oil boiler for a new gas!
If I had been aware of this "upgrade" earlier, we would have saved a lot of brouzoufs!
Heck, flute, droppings, ch ... !!!
: Mrgreen:

Seriously, that sounds like a good investment!
I wonder if by recovering an old second - hand oil boiler and by refurbishing it, if it could not do the trick?
As soon as I pass in front of my plumber's warehouse, there is a boiler in front of his house which he has dismantled and which is intended to be taken on board by scrap dealers.
Your opinion ?
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 07/11/11, 14:26

For my part, on the "added" burners:

1) attention: the announced yields are "burner yields" - not to be compared with "boiler yields"

2) and this is where there is a small problem: the combustion of pellets, standardized and very dry fuel, releases carbon particles which are deposited in the form of a black felting ... insulating!

So "advanced" pellet boilers have an automatic cleaning system, which "sweeps" the exchangers once a day ...

3) therefore in the event of conversion of an oil-fired boiler into a pellet boiler, it is necessary to require manual cleaning to regulate, otherwise, the boiler efficiency will decrease appreciably!

4) also check if the burner ignites automatically; some very simple models maintain grapes, which in pellets, amounts to dropping some spellets very regularly, but the fire is too weak to really reheat; in the long run, in the intermediate season, it can make a small consumption for nothing ...

5) in the same way the capacity to modulate is often very reduced, if it exists ...

6) I do not have reliable data (from independent laboratories), but I think that the combustion in these external burners is a little less good therefore a little more polluting (apart from CO²) ...

Apart from these limits, it is a "CO² neutral" solution, very economical, which I do not criticize either.

We must compare on the one hand a modest investment + higher consumption on the other hand, a very expensive boiler and lower consumption ...

When you already have a boiler (or can recover one), probably the first option should not be rejected!
0 x