Wind power mechanical use?

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 30/05/06, 14:58

I believe that to help these countries, it is best to remove the import taxes on their products, and to let them manage in terms of their internal organization. and if they want to limit their misery, it is their problem, not ours.
0 x
Castor
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Castor » 31/05/06, 13:27

Bonjour.

The problem is that many of our industries "over-exploit" poor countries.

When you see a product 2 or 3 times cheaper than another, who wonders why? Who in front of the price of a car, a video recorder, a piece of furniture (...) wonders under what working conditions it was done? Nobody thinks that if the product is not expensive it may be that we make 10-year-old children work for a ridiculous price, instead of offering them the possibility of going to school.
In general, we think about it rather when we have been fired and we see that the French industry breaks the figure. At that time we think that competition with poverty is difficult, before we didn't think about it. (When I say that, I include myself in the lot!)

I'm not blaming anyone, only I think it's a little easy to close your eyes.
0 x
Science begins with curiosity.
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 01/06/06, 00:08

in our highly automated economies, it is no longer a problem of wages or child labor. it is usually a problem of the country's exchange rate and brand image. For example, exchange rates and the image of China, while they have more modern factories than ours.
On the other hand, if parents are stupid enough to exploit their children, it is their problem. But these children are growing up, and will thank them as it should.
All the people I know who have lived in Africa say that Africans do not want to work, that they prefer to wait for poverty and international aid. to that I see only one remedy, the abolition of said aid, replaced by the possibility of working. I have never heard anyone complain that he lost his job to Africa. that shouldn't create a lot of unemployment for us!
You have to twist your neck on certain stereotypes of the "poor", and ask yourself the question of knowing if the job you do is really up to the standard of living you get from it. huge debate!
0 x
Castor
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Castor » 01/06/06, 12:08

Bonjour.

On the other hand, if parents are stupid enough to exploit their children, it is their problem. But these children are growing up, and will thank them as it should.

In France, the generation of our grandparents worked much earlier, and this was not exploitation on the part of the parents, but a different context and culture.

As for the "poor" countries, I don't think only of those of Africa, but also of Asia, the Slavic countries ...
I am not an expert on these kinds of questions. It seems to me true that certain cultures are "fatalistic" and others more "voluntary".

Withdrawing the aid would perhaps be a good thing, if for equal work equal pay and equal social coverage ... But hey I think we are a little off topic ...
0 x
Science begins with curiosity.
geotrouvetout
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by geotrouvetout » 01/06/06, 14:39

Hello,

if we take Africa or the Amazon among others, or are the poor?
in the outskirts of evangelized or Koranized "civilized" towns and counties.
In the depths of the bush or the equatorial forest, there is no poor person, they live at a rhythm dictated by nature and use it to live, under different social rules favorable to their environment and their development and which more source flows.
So if we look more closely, who are ultimately the poor and the slaves !!!!
Wouldn't we be the mammal that evolved the most.

GEO : Idea: .

PS: excuse for the off topic I forgot the wind, carried away by the discussion that has "drifted".
0 x
Nicolas Andreau
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Wind energy used in mechanical form

by Nicolas Andreau » 13/07/11, 13:06

Hello,

I come back to the subject of mechanical wind.

It is true that the mechanical use of wind energy is attractive from an energy chain point of view, in particular for pumping, however 2 well known problems:

- The first is that to mechanically store energy without going through the electric, it is pumping or will of inertia or compressed air ... And I do not know any wind project on these last 2 possibilities.

- Otherwise mechanical use over the wind without storage, but a very small part of the energy returned by the wind turbine will be valued.

Finally concerning wind pumping, the problem is the following: the wind blows at the top of the hill, and the water is rather at the bottom!

It is then practical to be able to install the wind turbine where there is wind, ie at height, and to draw cables towards the pump below ... From an electrical / electronic point of view it is all the same complex because the current coming out of a wind turbine is completely wild in frequency and amplitude, and cannot be directly assimilated by a pump. In Senegal (EolSénégal project) they did not manage to make a direct electric transmission, so they fill batteries and connect a DC pump on these batteries.

The multi-blade mechanical wind turbines of the American Mill type work very well but their production collapses in strong winds, and it seems that they do not withstand storms very well.

Otherwise, a publicity stunt for my project, I recently built and tested a vacuum wind turbine, which precisely offers mechanical power at the foot of the mast ... There is a subject on econology on this subject, and I did an Internet site : www.eolienne-a-depression.fr

Good luck to all !
nicolas
0 x