Nuclear History in Québec: Why it did not work!

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/04/11, 23:50

Uh have you zoomed enough?
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 12/04/11, 03:17

Addrelyn wrote:Another thing, the dams being very far, a lot of losses in the lines and cuts straight in the forests for the THT lines. (look at google earth, it's impressive the 100 m wide trenches in the forest)

Êêêêêh, but that is a completely fallacious argument !!!

One of the main arguments of the nuclear lobby would be to take advantage of the fact that [i] "the surplus energy produced" would bring in money since it would be sold on the electricity market! [/ i] For that you MUST also have HT lines. So where is the difference?

Any...
0 x
Addrelyn
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Addrelyn » 12/04/11, 09:32

It has nothing to do with nuclear what I say here. They have dams and that is by far the best for them.
I'm just telling you my impression. I went there, among other things to take a little tour in nature (2500km tour north of Montreal) and it struck me.
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 12/04/11, 13:58

If it has nothing to do with it, then why do you talk about it ?? To pass the time? : Cheesy: :D : Mrgreen:
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 12/04/11, 14:48

Addrelyn

It is sure that across the vastness of northern Quebec, a power line contrasts!

I hope you had a good time with us! : Mrgreen:
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.
Criticism is good if added to some compliments.
Alain
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 12/04/11, 21:44

For some time, advertisements have been covering up certain messages and, apparently, have no possibility of closing; it is frankly in bad taste!
What does the webmaster do? O)
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 12/04/11, 22:56

Ahmed wrote:For some time, advertisements have been covering up certain messages and, apparently, have no possibility of closing; it is frankly in bad taste!
What does the webmaster do? O)

Press the "control" key and turn the mouse wheel to resize, you will be able to see everything!

Joke mode!

The other solution is a new screen! : Mrgreen:
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.

Criticism is good if added to some compliments.

Alain
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 13/04/11, 07:48

An important datum for Quebec is its low population density: around 5 pipe heads / km².

You realize: almost 3 times the surface of France for 8 Mh! It makes people kill to get there!

Considering the snowy distances in winter, that must pose some problems to heat with fuel oil, and even more with city gas.

In France and Belgium, Germany, etc., the population density is 20 to 50 times higher, the population less than 200 km from the coast is important, we have a dense network of railways (starting around 1835) and canals.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/04/11, 09:42

(

Ahmed wrote:What does the webmaster do? O)

It does nothing, it is abused by an advertising agency which despises the surfing conditions of Internet users ...

Such a malfunction is unacceptable but don't worry it will only last a few more days!
:|

Sorry for the HS
)
0 x