Make a vertical wind turbine to generator

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
bidouille23
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by bidouille23 » 08/04/11, 14:28

No comment : Mrgreen:
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 08/04/11, 14:48

The small deviation of the long distance compass is proportional to the force or dipole of the magnet, always with the same orientation.
Discovered in the 1700s and 1800s.
See wikipedia on magnetic dipole and magnet, measurement, torsion balance, etc ...
0 x
bidouille23
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by bidouille23 » 08/04/11, 18:13

Re,

not practical to have a reliable measurement of the compass anyway;).

I tell myself that it may be necessary to readjust things in context, starting in wind, and manual side how is MaTE? you have quite precise stuff, the means to make adjustment pieces?

go calculation you want you just need to have the means to respect in reality all the parameters that you calculated;)

hold something on coef KV

http://www.callantechnology.com/callan_ ... ter_08.pdf

an analytical study of a discoidal motor

http://www.cder.dz/download/Art11-2_1.pdf

here a real little wind turbine that keeps its promises (it's also an engineer who started like you MATE and who continued the trip of his life :) it's not beautiful with its mmmm winglets)
and the electrical control is one of the real optimization not to mention the radial motor rather than axial, and blade profiles adapt to the motor. And low cost without neglecting the quality.

http://www.micro-energie.com/wind.html

Go there's more to do a 3D modeling and optimization by finite element if I understand correctly;).

http://tel.archives-ouvertes.fr/docs/00 ... _Bomme.pdf

Otherwise last peremptory statement;): a wind turbine is a concentrate of cleverly proportioned compromises :) .

see you
0 x
MatEA57
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by MatEA57 » 08/04/11, 21:48

Thank you hack for reading, the calculation of the power of the wind on the blades was the small detail not to be overlooked : Cheesy:

I am lucky to have a small workshop and a multimeter which can measure the Henry ... but not the oscilloscope :?

Based on 50hz for the calculations, is quite problematic for small vertical wind turbines, because it requires a large disc size and a large number of magnet and coil or for small disc sizes it must turn quickly enough around 8tr / s

I see that I have 3 choices either I buy more magnet and more wire ...
or I buy pulleys to multiply dry or compact the coils and just rotate at 20Hz and put 2 large firecrackers of 33MF after the rectifier :?

Which choice would you choose?
0 x
bidouille23
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by bidouille23 » 09/04/11, 11:19

Hello MATE, I asked you for the workshop because you are going to have to make metal discs recepter of magnets, and that everything is balanced, a welding station it is practical or a friend turner welder it is even more practical :) .

A question annoys me enormously, why choose to make a wind turbine with a vertical axis rather than a horizontal axis knowing that in any case, better with a vertical you will take a coefficients of power Cp = 0.3 or 30% while with a horizontal axis you will be able to have easily from the start cp = 0.3 and without too much problem cp = 0.4 see 0.5 after we talked about wind turbine really optimized at all stages have forgotten for a first, already aimed at a Cp = 0.45 for example c 'is very good, you have your evrtical axis I predict you a Cp = 0.2 if all is going to see 0.25, look at this one
http://eolienne-petite.com//Doc/Windspi ... French.pdf

well go to the SEPEN site and you will see what it gives a vertical wind turbine :) .

So here as a future engineer I do not understand your approach, unless you want to try to go beyond the laws of current physics (who knows it may be you;)), a little explanation please thank you.

Otherwise you plan to use your production directly ???
Pk 50 Hz well it is not vital if you use batteries.

If not to make demultiplication tests think of the bike and their chain and crown sprockets;), but it will eat you energy.

The firecrackers I like :)

the choice you will make according to your means;).

Besides, I don't have too much time
0 x
MatEA57
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by MatEA57 » 09/04/11, 11:37

Why did I choose vertical axis? This is because I can only want the wind turbine to have long blades, but if the output is too low, I will choose a horizontal axis.

: Cheesy: no I do not think I go beyond the laws of physics!, but the perendev can do it since the magnets c of the powerful energy is constant, but hey what finds the thing is silent and make a demonstration on youtube for friends!
0 x
bidouille23
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by bidouille23 » 09/04/11, 14:03

Re, oki I understand better the choice of vertical;) I really hope that you will succeed in doing something and especially keep us informed;) of the progress.

well if not for the big blades er something tells me that you have not looked at the formula of the calculation of power recoverable by a wind turbine;)

P = 0,15 S (Vcube) the surface S being that of the master-couple swept;) (for a soapius wind turbine)

look at the graph at the bottom of the page;)

http://www.thewindpower.net/forum/sujet1141.html

you will understand what i said with the coef CP.

And power for a horizontal axis:

P = 1/2. Ro * S * V3 with ro Graph: density of air (dry atmospheric air, approximately: 1,23 kg / m3 at 15 ° C and at atmospheric pressure 1,0132 bar), S surface of the disc in meter² and V wind speed in m / s

that speaks to you a little more or else we did a calculation for the example;).

After coupled with a perendev type generator I do not know I do not know but I really want to see :) .

Otherwise you have that as a solution also the vacuum wind turbine:

http://www.eolienne-a-depression.fr/ind ... &Itemid=65

frankly me it speaks to me a lot this wind turbine, that corrects a lot of problem :) and it is usable over the wind as well for lm'electrique as mechanical power (pumping for example etc) and it is light view that the generator is below so you can climb higher etc etc :)

not bad huh

see you
0 x
MatEA57
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by MatEA57 » 09/04/11, 14:46

No problem I will put pictures : Cheesy: on the forum of the alternator ...

Ah yes, from what you showed me the coefficient is lower actually, it will be my big problem since the alternator will ask for torque!

I will put a low voltage regulator since I want to do 48v.

For the formula: P = 1/2. rho * S * V3 if the 3 of v is the cube, I think I understood : Cheesy:

I hope that I will reach 15A per phase on the 2mm wire!

I looked at the article on the hollow wind turbine, it is a great achievement and idea because it will cost average expensive to design large wind turbines!
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 09/04/11, 16:52

Very interesting the vacuum propeller !!
I have to read in detail to understand, by finding more explanations, but this has been wrongly neglected, for too long !!

Dolphins, sharks and birds do much better than our systems with self-deformable surfaces adapted to whirlpools to control them.

The physics of propellers, whirlpools and chaos is much more complex than that of alternators and it remains to be discovered
0 x
MatEA57
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by MatEA57 » 09/04/11, 18:03

: Cheesy: good for the arrangement of the alternator elements I got it.

Do you know how to know if the section of the wire is too large compared to the density of the flux of the magnet?

The magnets that interest me have 0,7 T large max in N45

Dedeleco you told me about hysteresis, about the demagnetization of the magnet when the coil becomes strongly magnetic, you can give me the formulas to use :?:

The space will be 2mm for the front and back magnet of the coil which will be approximately 1,6cm thick.
The magnets will have a force opposition of 2,2kg in the middle of the coil.

I found that:

0 x