Hydrogen and Iceland .... they know

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 14/03/06, 09:01

Another info on hydrogen in Germany this time !

A petrol station in the outskirts of Berlin. A motorist stops to refuel. He takes down the pistol, connected to a curious machine stuffed with dials. Suddenly, a purring: the hydrogen flows freely in the tank. A few minutes later, our man left behind the wheel of his electric car. No noise, no CO2 emission. Zero pollution.

Science fiction? Not at all. This "hydrogen station" does exist. Built by Total at the end of 2002, on an experimental basis, it allows the oil group to carry out full-scale tests on this energy of the future. "The first results are encouraging, but we are still in the very early stages," comments Jean-Michel Gires. According to the French giant's Mr. Sustainable Development, it will take a good twenty years before overcoming the innumerable problems that stand in its way. But twenty years in the oil world is already tomorrow. And the majors (BP, ExxonMobil, Shell, Total ...) are actively preparing for it. By focusing on hydrogen, but also on other alternative energies, by delaying the end of the golden age of crude as much as possible, by forging new strategic alliances in promising countries, and even, finally, by s inventing new professions in energy services.

Extract from the Expansion .... only problem, it is the oil companies which develop and launch this energy when it becomes profitable for them, not when the Earth will give worrying signs of warming (it is already well started!).
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 15/03/06, 22:56

Paldeolien wrote:[...] You should show a little more tolerance towards spelling mistakes, and a little less towards certain words that you use.
[...]
Finally, if you want, Bucheron, I can have fun systematically peeling what you write, but I doubt that it will be very constructive.
He probably will not have escaped your clairvoyant vigilance that I noticed your fault on the humorous mode? Didn't you see it? Too bad ... What does this have to do with tolerance?
And if I had to, I will quote you "... have fun systematically peeling what you write ...", I would have a job to point out the faults. : Twisted: So I'm not doing it ... Are you okay, is this constructive enough for you? : Wink:

Well, to come back to the subject, I apologize flatly for this misunderstood beast that disturbs you so much: it is quite obvious, and I think you understood (well I wish), that I thought electrolysis and writes "hydrolysis" ... :| :?
The stupid association of ideas, like the cow that drinks milk ...
A simple, finer re-reading (this I don't always have time to do, I'm sorry), should have made me react to the sight of words water hydrolysis...

Will you be able to forgive me one day? : Oops:
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 15/03/06, 23:12

jean63 wrote:[...] but I still believe that it goes further than that. I will not develop so as not to throw oil on the fire, [...]
Yes, yes, develop!
I am convinced that all readers of Éconologie are eager to read your brilliant (I am intimately convinced in advance) behavioral analysis.

jean63 wrote:[...] Indeed, to seek the small beast systematically that becomes heavy sometimes.
Really, I'm sorry for you my dear jeans, I didn't think I was doing this to you ... : Lol:

jean63 wrote:Indeed, you were entitled to schyzophrenic (ortho ??) and I was entitled to paranoia several times, so do not panic it's natural.
'Schizoprefix from the Greek Skhizeîn "split, separate". : Wink: Between us, Jean, the names of diseases are not insults ...

Yes, derision and irony are natural in me ... 8)

What does not prevent me, you will agree I hope, to be able to discuss quite seriously and in a very technical way on various subjects ...
0 x
neant
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by neant » 15/03/06, 23:28

Mouarf, enough, I forgive everything. : Mrgreen:
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 16/03/06, 00:25

Thank you. Your greatness of soul will be recognized at its fair value ... : Cheesy:
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 16/03/06, 00:53

'Schizo' prefix from the Greek Skhizeîn "split, separate". Between us, Jean, the names of diseases are not insults ...

Didn't you have too much trouble finding the origin? internet is very practical to spread your science (culture is like jam, the less you have the more you spread it!). As far as I'm concerned, I did Latin and Greek at the Lycée, so I have a few traces left: de schizo de Skhizein ( why a ^ on the i? ), frankly you who are very sharp on the spelling, must do it on purpose to force an î..I just looked in the Robert. When I write I sometimes have doubts and I could go check in the dictionary but we are talking about econology above all.

You have a sacred power to diagnose "remotely" (healer type by phone) a disease! so we can admit that this is an insult : Cheesy: .

But we are not going to start quibbling over banalities; we are not here to talk about ortho faults, so I admit that even if it shocks me ortho faults I act as if ... knowing that they are often inattentive ..... so the best is to go your way.

For example bob_isat posted a super interesting topic "plasma assisted combustion"that nobody consulted and yet that certainly explains what is happening in the pantone reactor, that is concrete for participants of this forum ! For schizo, there are surely psychology sites .... to discuss it.

But I don't think we will change you, or me for that matter.

Yes, derision and irony are natural in me ...

By dint of repeating it we end up wondering what meaning you give to these words. We will be forced to re-consult the Robert !!!!
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
nonoLeRobot
Master Kyot'Home
Master Kyot'Home

by nonoLeRobot » 16/03/06, 01:57

STOP!!!
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 16/03/06, 21:21

And then... : Shock: : Shock: : Shock:

It is really worth nothing for Jean to go to bed too late ...

jean63 wrote:[...] Didn't you have too much trouble finding the origin? internet is very practical to spread your science (culture is like jam, the less you have the more you spread it!). As far as I'm concerned, I did Latin and Greek at the Lycée, so I have a few traces left: de schizo de Skhizein ( why a ^ on the i? ), frankly you who are very sharp on the spelling, must do it on purpose to force an î..I just looked in the Robert. When I write I sometimes have doubts and I could go check in the dictionary but we are talking about econology above all.
Dictionary at hand, always! Or even within reach of a mouse, it's more practical since we exchange via un forum... Consequently, this orthographic precision is obviously taken from a dictionary, not online, but in memory. Including the "î", please, dear ... : Cheesy:

jean63 wrote:But we are not going to start quibbling over banalities; we are not here to talk about ortho faults, so I admit that even if it shocks me ortho faults I act as if ... knowing that they are often inattentive ..... so the best is to go your way.
I love when you dictate to me how I should behave! : Mrgreen:

Personally, I try as much as possible to write in correct and flawless French because I consider that it is a mark of respect for potential readers to do so.

For the rest of your remarks, I think that if you feel so often persecuted, perhaps you should think of doing something to fight this feeling, it really should not be easy to live ... : Cry:

PS: Sorry Nono, I don't like to let say inaccurate things, maybe did you realize it?
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 16/03/06, 21:51

It is the same with tennis, as long as someone returns the ball the game continues ...

At some point you have to stop.

Before the ball is thrown, I close the game.
0 x